IGNORED

is it worth attending any more away games this season?

8 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

My annual away day is Stoke. Can't wait. I don't get to many (ST at the gate drains my footballing wallet) but I'm unbeaten on the road so far! ?

After Oldham , Stoke has to be the coldest ground I’ve ever been to , been there about 4-5 times always bloody freezing 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, redkev said:

After Oldham , Stoke has to be the coldest ground I’ve ever been to , been there about 4-5 times always bloody freezing 

I’m sure you’re not the first person I’ve heard say that you know ? I’ll pack an extra coat!

1 hour ago, redkev said:

As someone who’s been going away to Stoke ever since the ground was built, wife’s a Stoke fan, I kind of agree. Had some absolute freezing games there.

However, 2 of the last 3 visits have been glorious warm weather, including last season’s which was also Good Friday.

Plus we’ve won the last 4 games at their place, so I suggest everyone spends Good Friday in the balmy heat of the Potteries 

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

apart from the last game of the season against Queen park Rangers

The games against Stoke and the mid week game against Sheffield United will most likely be on the red button

and Watford could end up on Sky

Just a thought

I guess you could say that about any games left 

The thought of driving to Stoke on a Bank Holiday Friday is the type of thing that fills me with horror. Thinking about going to Watford as my last away day trip of the season as I haven't been to Vicarage road since the 90's. Will do Stoke next season as I still haven't been to the Britannia. QPR was always a maybe, but no longer as again M4 on Bank Holiday Monday, terrible view and nothing to play for.

On 27/03/2023 at 11:09, Never to the dark side said:

apart from the last game of the season against Queen park Rangers

The games against Stoke and the mid week game against Sheffield United will most likely be on the red button

and Watford could end up on Sky

Just a thought

Are you secretly hoping to be the only away fan in attendance? 

23 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

As someone who’s been going away to Stoke ever since the ground was built, wife’s a Stoke fan, I kind of agree. Had some absolute freezing games there.

However, 2 of the last 3 visits have been glorious warm weather, including last season’s which was also Good Friday.

Plus we’ve won the last 4 games at their place, so I suggest everyone spends Good Friday in the balmy heat of the Potteries 

Spookily was doing a delivery in Stoke today , apart from some new modern warehouses just off the A500 the rest of Stoke seems like it’s stuck in the 80s