IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

This is going to be one of those summer threads that regularly hit the top of the page with new posts, that you open with anticipation that the posts will be about whether he’s gone/is staying, only to find that it’s a discussion about whether he goes chirp or cheep ?

As long as he doesn't go cheap, I'm not worried

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Hmm............forget pictures of Lilly, I loved Sally Carr (helped me sleep at night ) !

12 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I know what you mean, but I'll take your Sally Carr and raise you a Suzi Quatro (kept me awake at night!)

I must admit that when Dana sang "All Kinds of Everything" I am sure I was interpreting that far differently from the real meaning of the song. ?

In common with the last year, more quality will go out than likely to come in, so there will be a great premium on picking players with the right (ie the managers) mentality, and recruiting numbers, hopefully of solid Championship players with good injury records. SL talking a good game and aiming for playoffs, but I’d be happy with top half and above Ipswich.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

In common with the last year, more quality will go out than likely to come in, so there will be a great premium on picking players with the right (ie the managers) mentality, and recruiting numbers, hopefully of solid Championship players with good injury records. SL talking a good game and aiming for playoffs, but I’d be happy with top half and above Ipswich.

And Plymouth.

35 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I'm sure that you're right with all that. Problem will come when SL decides that Nige hasn't delivered the play-offs  and decides to replace him - and off we go again on the same old cycle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I'm sure that you're right with all that. Problem will come when SL decides that Nige hasn't delivered the play-offs  and decides to replace him - and off we go again on the same old cycle.

I tend to agree, and I suspect if that scenario transpires we will end up with another SL ‘project’.

The timing of this just might co-incide with a Scottish SPL side based in Edinburgh deciding to change their manager...........

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Only just noticed the Bristol Sport branded backpack in the picture. Clearly his delivery of Nike gear from the FA wasn't quite extensive enough. 

Supply issues no doubt!    
I’m sure England will soon be turning out in O’Neills!!! ??

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I tend to agree, and I suspect if that scenario transpires we will end up with another SL ‘project’.

The timing of this just might co-incide with a Scottish SPL side based in Edinburgh deciding to change their manager...........

If Coventry go up via the playoffs, they'll more than likely struggle. Club's often do daft things in their desperation to stay up and I could see Coventry doing just that and sacking Robins as they fight to avoid relegation. 

Leaving Steve Lansdown's favourite manager unemployed just as Nige comes to the end of his contract.... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If Coventry go up via the playoffs, they'll more than likely struggle. Club's often do daft things in their desperation to stay up and I could see Coventry doing just that and sacking Robins as they fight to avoid relegation. 

Leaving Steve Lansdown's favourite manager unemployed just as Nige comes to the end of his contract.... 

I got the feeling with The SL interview on radio Brizz that he wasn't that keen on NP and that Robins was the man he would like to replace him with..

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 11/05/2023 at 20:14, Kid in the Riot said:

Crossed Middle Of The Road towards Bath Spa Station at about 5pm today and coming the other way was none other than Alex Scott with a chirp by the looks of it. 

11 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

I'm not sure but there was a song which claimed that 2 Chirpys were cheap cheap.

Kid, I've fixed it for you...

• Haha 1