IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Liverpool definitely need to rebuild their midfield, but could be to much of responsibility to put on the shoulders of a 19 year old. Not impossible if they see him as a player for the next 10 years, but suspect they are more likely to spend quite a bit more for already established players - MacAllister heavily rumoured and he's a World Cup Winner ( I know Alex is but that wasn't the big one)

Agreed, think they will see at least 3 midfield incomings, could easily see him getting the same treatment as djed spence at spurs. 

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

A lot of talk on Twitter today from various Liverpool accounts saying they are and have been playing close attention to Alex.

maybe suggest if he plays well for the u20s they might come in for him? Nothing confirmed but something to think about.

Is a rebuilding Liverpool the right fit for our 19 year old maestro? 

Well they signed a raw Jordan Henderson when he was 21 with about 80 league games for Sunderland and Coventry (on loan).

Alex has nearly a hundred first team games so maybe a year or two less will actually be a benefit to Liverpool.

On 14/05/2023 at 19:45, Port Said Red said:

And Reading and Sheff Wednesday and Bolton and WIgan and and and and ....

On 14/05/2023 at 20:56, redkev said:

I will chuck Derby in the pot too , that not worked out has it chucking money at it , very nearly disastrous consequences 

I don't think you are meant to mention clubs that have failed when they have thrown money at it, or mention clubs that were doing better than us, who have then got themselves in a terrible mess by throwing money at it, and even got relegated - these clubs simply don't count when it comes to comparisons with us and Lansdown.

This argument only works one way when it comes to "Lansdown needs to go" or "Lansdown is clueless". You need to find a club that has done exceptionally well (one who has done a lot better than us), so someone like Brighton, and then simply claim we should be them because they have done it, but you CANNOT mention Reading, Wigan, Bolton, Derby etc etc.

That's the rules on here....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I only add the least respected rumour monger on Twitter for a couple of reasons. Liverpool have been mentioned and it got me thinking to the last transfer from us to Liverpool.
The only one I can think of is Peter Spiring. Admittedly my memory is shocking so, anyone else think of another.Screenshot2023-05-18at09_01_58.png.2292591fe49010d13c4e3be53e48d8f3.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I only add the least respected rumour monger on Twitter for a couple of reasons. Liverpool have been mentioned and it got me thinking to the last transfer from us to Liverpool.
The only one I can think of is Peter Spiring. Admittedly my memory is shocking so, anyone else think of another.Screenshot2023-05-18at09_01_58.png.2292591fe49010d13c4e3be53e48d8f3.png

Herbie Kane?

On 14/05/2023 at 17:17, Merrick's Marvels said:

If Coventry go up via the playoffs, they'll more than likely struggle. Club's often do daft things in their desperation to stay up and I could see Coventry doing just that and sacking Robins as they fight to avoid relegation. 

Leaving Steve Lansdown's favourite manager unemployed just as Nige comes to the end of his contract.... 

Previously they sold Highfield Road to spend money on players to try and survive, they then also sold their stake in the Ricoh to also fund transfers to try and survive. Those daft decisions led to decades of turmoil. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Herbie Kane would've been the last one and it's good to see our good old friend Roy saying this is going to happen.

6 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Herbie Kane would've been the last one and it's good to see our good old friend Roy saying this is going to happen.

I had forgotten him, but I was thinking first teamers . Kane was 14/15 ? 

59 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

ahhh Roy, thats scotts new 5 year deal confirmed then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Mike Hooper, goalkeeper, a local lad, moved to Liverpool but it was via a spell at Wrexham.

Mid 1980's

• Admin

I’m torn between wanting Alex to be MotM in every game as England win the WC to take the fee north of £30m and wanting him to just have solid under-the-radar performances (whilst England still win the WC) in the slight hope we get one more year in the Championship.

21 hours ago, downendcity said:

Liverpool definitely need to rebuild their midfield, but could be to much of responsibility to put on the shoulders of a 19 year old. Not impossible if they see him as a player for the next 10 years, but suspect they are more likely to spend quite a bit more for already established players - MacAllister heavily rumoured and he's a World Cup Winner ( I know Alex is but that wasn't the big one)

A World Cup hasn't been graced by Alex's presence just yet.   A Europe cup has, and he won that (U-19).  I understand other players were also involved.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Mike Hooper, goalkeeper, a local lad, moved to Liverpool but it was via a spell at Wrexham.

Mid 1980's

I did double check Hooper as I couldn't remember if he went to Liverpool straight from us or not....... Not 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I’m torn between wanting Alex to be MotM in every game as England win the WC to take the fee north of £30m and wanting him to just have solid under-the-radar performances (whilst England still win the WC) in the slight hope we get one more year in the Championship.

I'm resigned to losing him, so ....

Win the World Cup , Man of the Tournament & MotM most games and then we get £40M and a loan back :thumbsup:

• Admin
57 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I did double check Hooper as I couldn't remember if he went to Liverpool straight from us or not....... Not 

Win the World Cup , Man of the Tournament & MotM most games and then we get £40M and a loan back :thumbsup:

I’m more inclined to go with the second under the radar option, we get promoted in 23/24, Alex now signs a new deal with us to continue playing with his best mate Tommy in the PL, gets called up to the Senior side and wins the 26 World Cup forming a midfield 3 with Rice and Bellingham. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Dont forget that he ought to be made captain and gets to lift the trophy too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Dont forget that he ought to be made captain and gets to lift the trophy too!

AND because he is extra special, the England side all have to wear shirts made by Nike or whoever it is that makes them, except Alex, who is allowed to play in an O'Neils shirt.

• Haha 1

On the fee front.

Joao Pedro albeit a striker and with some PL experience to Brighton- a reported £30m. Watford have Parachute Payments which means they can hold out a bit.

Gykores if Coventry stay down albeit a striker again- touted for up to £25m.

Basically what is Scott worth in the summer 2023 market, there is a potential and a reported actual fee although again both strikers. Collins was £10-12m at Stoke in 2021 and Souttar £15m this January. Whereas Semenyo £10-12m in January was it 

10 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

With reference to one of my previous posts on this thread, this ones even better ?

They're too late, Alex is going to Ipswich for £5m plus.?

For heaven's sake it's been all over the media how highly rated Alex is by many Prem clubs and we have gone public on our valuation. What on earth makes idiots like this come up with such garbage?

• Haha 1