IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I still think that West Ham is the most likely destination for Alex. Replacement for Declan Rice in their midfield. 

Agreed and surprised this isn’t mentioned more. Spurs seem to think they are favourites but West Ham makes sense with Rice going. 

14 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I still think that West Ham is the most likely destination for Alex. Replacement for Declan Rice in their midfield. 

Latest reports are they want Palhinha from Fulham. Seems like an ideal replacement for Rice.

• Like 1

Just watching the Brighton vs man city game , I'm loving  the way Brighton play , passing press and have players like Gross and Caicedo who play multi positions.   It would  suit Scott down to the ground , de zebri who has them playing fearless football .  Scott can play Rb, and pretty much everywhere across the midfield . 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65702571

Some interesting stuff from Lopetegui, particularly the following:

"I am not asking for incredible signings from Real Madrid or Barcelona. I am thinking of signing good players, young players, maybe Championship players, I don't know."

So Wolves might be in the hunt for Alex, though only if they can solve their FFP problem first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

"I am not asking for incredible signings from Real Madrid or Barcelona. I am thinking of signing good players, young players, maybe Championship players, I don't know."

So Wolves might be in the hunt for Alex, though only if they can solve their FFP problem first.

Ignoring wages. Neves to Barcelona for £40M all in this years accounts. Alex for £30M amortised at £6M per season if given a 5year contract. FFP net +£34M - sorted. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

We're they after Gyokeres as well?

19 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Ignoring wages. Neves to Barcelona for £40M all in this years accounts. Alex for £30M amortised at £6M per season if given a 5year contract. FFP net +£34M - sorted. ?

Maybe (though Barca are going to need to raise a lot of money through sales to stay within budget limits having run out of 'levers '). And I wouldn't expect to get £30m for Alex unless there is a bidding war.

But we don't know just how much Wolves are going to need to raise net to stay within the £105m over 3 years limit.

Their last accounts showed a £46m loss and they spent almost £200m this season so it might be substantial.

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Maybe (though Barca are going to need to raise a lot of money through sales to stay within budget limits having run out of 'levers '). And I wouldn't expect to get £30m for Alex unless there is a bidding war.

But we don't know just how much Wolves are going to need to raise net to stay within the £105m over 3 years limit.

Their last accounts showed a £46m loss and they spent almost £200m this season so it might be substantial.

Apologies CP. I totally get your point, just being facetious.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

A replacement for Rice? I like Alex but he's a long way off being a replacement for Rice.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good article but it also shows what a sensible young man Alex is. Lots of youngsters have the ball skills necessary to play at high levels but don't have the skills of life outside of football. Alex is proving that he has that extra bit to succeed and I consider that the City supporters have been very privileged to see the last two seasons with Alex in the first team.

If he moves in the summer, so be it but if he stays another year, it could just be a very successful copy of 1975-6 that is the result.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

For a young man Scott is a proper footballer. Can do all the pretty stuff but is happy to mix it. Another good performance for England at the u20 world cup tonight including not thinking twice about taking one for the team with his booking for levelling a Uruguayan to stop a, dangerous break. 

First five minutes Scott got in a couple of digs to let them know they're in a game and continued that throughout the game.

His maturity, gained from over 80 Championship games, showed through.

He is a leader in that team.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

FWIW Devine was doing it on his own when he scored….not sure who he was aiming it at.

The fact that the above pic shows three of them aiming it at someone else, might mean it’s to do with a player out of shot, rather than anything to do with Alex???

• Thanks 1

Hypothetical question. Luton just got promoted, if they came in with a 30 mill offer for Scott, would we accept and would he take that move?

wondering if they come after us now they will have a bit of money to spite us for stealing Naismith from under their noses

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BLRed said:

Hypothetical question. Luton just got promoted, if they came in with a 30 mill offer for Scott, would we accept and would he take that move?

wondering if they come after us now they will have a bit of money to spite us for stealing Naismith from under their noses

? Luton are not gonna spend £30m on anyone

• Like 4