IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

18 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Hypothetical question. Luton just got promoted, if they came in with a 30 mill offer for Scott, would we accept and would he take that move?

wondering if they come after us now they will have a bit of money to spite us for stealing Naismith from under their noses

Very hypothetical as it's never going to happen.

• Admin
1 hour ago, prankerd said:

Dont they have to upgrade their stadium too? Thats some of the budget gone too.

And they also want to build a new stadium completely. I’ve a feeling they are planning to take the Prem money and run, continuing with pretty much their current recruitment strategy and if relegation happens so be it.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't understand why Luton have to upgrade their ground, I know it's fucki9n horrible, but surely if it passes H&S for the EFL, why are the fans of Prem teams more special, do they have more delicate arses ?

Media needs among other things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65483745

29 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't understand why Luton have to upgrade their ground, I know it's ****** horrible, but surely if it passes H&S for the EFL, why are the fans of Prem teams more special, do they have more delicate arses ?

Probably, many of them are so far up their arses it must be uncomfortable. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't understand why Luton have to upgrade their ground, I know it's ****** horrible, but surely if it passes H&S for the EFL, why are the fans of Prem teams more special, do they have more delicate arses ?

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Will they be able to operate VAR in that stadium, how many positions are required?

Edited by Port Said Red

14 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

De Zerbi has confirmed he expects two key midfielders - Mac Allister and Caceido - to leave over the summer. I know they’ve a guy lined up from the Bundesliga to replace one but can’t help but wonder if Scott is on their radar too…

That would be a good move for him IMHO, good club, European football and they play some great football.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

De Zerbi has confirmed he expects two key midfielders - Mac Allister and Caceido - to leave over the summer. I know they’ve a guy lined up from the Bundesliga to replace one but can’t help but wonder if Scott is on their radar too…

Dahoud and Milner are touted on frees but think given the extra strain of Europe, Scott and some extra depth they could do with that.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 11:23, slartibartfast said:

Most complain that the seats aren’t as comfy as the armchairs in front of their TVs. So yes.

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2023 at 11:23, slartibartfast said:

It's a true shithole, it needs a few things doing to meet the premier League requirements.

The main bits they will struggle with are VAR requirements, Media and there is also the fact one whole stand is under development, there is also some random requirements around boundaries in the premier.  

I think they are aiming to double their capacity and add safe standing of 4k it will be interesting as three months is not long.

28 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It's a true shithole, it needs a few things doing to meet the premier League requirements.

The main bits they will struggle with are VAR requirements, Media and there is also the fact one whole stand is under development, there is also some random requirements around boundaries in the premier.  

I think they are aiming to double their capacity and add safe standing of 4k it will be interesting as three months is not long.

Perhaps they could share with Coventry ?

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

Brighton is the perfect place for him to go. Will play, we will get a decent starting fee and Brighton are good at selling on for very high fees which would make us even more money down the line.

would be sad to see him go when he could be pivotal in a play off push this coming season but the income could be huge for us