IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't agree, we clearly had/have plans that don't include selling Scotty, if he needs to be replaced they will have contingency for that. It would also put us in a very good position financially for the 2 or 3 windows without being under pressure to sell.

I agree but if we were to sell i would want it before the season starts.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

The Brighton way is buy low, sell high so they won't spend that kind of money on Alex imo. Maybe £30m on Colwill if they can persuade Chelsea to sell, though he's a defender of course.

In any event they look like having 3 midfield signings lined up plus Gilmour and Buonanotte already getting games last season.

They spent 20 million on Webster so that kind falls down 

45 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They spent 20 million on Webster so that kind falls down 

See my earlier reply. Whether £20m was a big sum for a Premier League club when the market was inflated is a moot point but the suggestion was that they might spend £30-40m for Alex, which seems very unlikely.

Though I'm not sure there is any indication they are interested in him.

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh, Really?

Not even I'm biting on that one!

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

All the work Luton are doing is TV and media related.

Upgrade floodlights (for TV), 50 TV camera positions, media work room with internet facilities for UK and foreign journalists, press conference room with seating for 100,  TV studio, Var studio ,and toilet and canteen facilities (for TV, media and journalists). 

Hopefully we have all this in place - just in case!

Luton are fine with the upgrades....Mrs Begum of number 87 is upgrading to Sky Sports UHD.

• Haha 1

Tottenham must suddenly seem a much better option than they were a week ago. New manager, likes to play attacking football, history of developing young players. Lots of the deadwood being cleared out. Levy was 'burned' by refusing to pay £20 million for Grealish when he had the chance. Might not make the same mistake twice with a Championship starlet.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Tottenham must suddenly seem a much better option than they were a week ago. New manager, likes to play attacking football, history of developing young players. Lots of the deadwood being cleared out. Levy was 'burned' by refusing to pay £20 million for Grealish when he had the chance. Might not make the same mistake twice with a Championship starlet.

Leopard doesn't change his spots, I can't see spurs offering more then 12 million to "little" bristol city

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Didn't realise that they missed out on Grealish, good point.

It is a big risk, but they only have to look at Bellingham today going to Real Madrid for 85m to see the other side of the coin.

I still can't see them (or any other EPL club) paying 25m for Scott though, they'll be looking at "names" for that money imo.

It's very early days with the Premier league only ending a little over a week ago and Sctt not long back from Argentina. Once the top clubs have had their pick of their target the mid table/bottom end club will know who they need to replace and just how much they have to spend.

But you can't rule out the 3 relegated club who have or soon will be losing their star players such as Maddison and Ward-Prowse. Not sure if Alex would want to go back to Southampton but Leicester and Leeds could be interesting enough. Dortmund could also enter the picture now having sold Bellingham to Real. I'd expect to see speculation/tentative enquiries start early next week. As much as I've loved watching him develop I can see him being here when the season kicks off.

Just now, numbeast said:

It's very early days with the Premier league only ending a little over a week ago and Sctt not long back from Argentina. Once the top clubs have had their pick of their target the mid table/bottom end club will know who they need to replace and just how much they have to spend.

But you can't rule out the 3 relegated club who have or soon will be losing their star players such as Maddison and Ward-Prowse. Not sure if Alex would want to go back to Southampton but Leicester and Leeds could be interesting enough. Dortmund could also enter the picture now having sold Bellingham to Real. I'd expect to see speculation/tentative enquiries start early next week. As much as I've loved watching him develop I can see him being here when the season kicks off.

Neither can I, but I would hope that we wouldn't be accepting the sums that those three would be willing to pay.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here for the games before the Transfer Window closes. I think there will be other late moves when clubs assess their squads after the first couple of games, and that's when he will come into people's reckoning.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Which won't really help us at all.

I trust in Nige and the recruitment team. If they think that a replacement is needed, I suspect that towards the end of the transfer window, that replacement will already be in the building.

9 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Leeds are in a mess, and I think they will struggle, due to their owners and general lack of a plan,

Leicester won't be able to afford his price tag 

Southampton also won't be able to afford his price tag

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I want Scott to stay but if he is going, I wish it would happen soon - we need to find a replacement and bed him in for next season or completely rehash that midfield. 

I know that you don't have quite the faith in the manager or his staff as some, which is fine. All opinions etc.

But I think that they will be prepared for all eventualities, including Scott going late in the window. ?

• Like 3

Was just reading the Bellingham update on the BBC sports page. A reminder in there that Birmingham were mocked when they retired his number after he signed for Dortmund. Still seems strange but given how his career has gone to date he could possibly go down as one of the best ever

So given how highly regarded Scott is and the comparisons to Bellingham (teenager in the championship), surely we wouldn’t consider doing the same… would we???

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, numbeast said:

If Alex does get sold he wont be staying in the championship, thats for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

The only thing Spurs have in their favour is Scott's support. The new guy is wholly untried at a top level. Winning a one horse race at a canter in the pub league is not an indicator of anything really.

The move I'm hoping for that would be best for everyone would be Newcastle. Money to burn, but also the sort of manager who would be perfect for his development in my opinion.

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

The only thing Spurs have in their favour is Scott's support. The new guy is wholly untried at a top level. Winning a one horse race at a canter in the pub league is not an indicator of anything really.

The move I'm hoping for that would be best for everyone would be Newcastle. Money to burn, but also the sort of manager who would be perfect for his development in my opinion.

Yep, Howe gave the lad on loan at the gas plenty of game time and opportunities this year so with the extra European games and strain on the squad, it would be a good move.

11 minutes ago, grifty said:

Yep, Howe gave the lad on loan at the gas plenty of game time and opportunities this year so with the extra European games and strain on the squad, it would be a good move.

I think with Newcastle having money to burn and Champions League football. They will be attracting players that are more experienced than Scott. Not that I don’t think Scott would do well there, but I’m expecting a few high signings coming their way soon.