IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I think with Newcastle having money to burn and Champions League football. They will be attracting players that are more experienced than Scott. Not that I don’t think Scott would do well there, but I’m expecting a few high signings coming their way soon. 

Newcastle throwing away lots of money on Antony Gordon might put them off spending lots on very young players. Then again they are run by the Saudis so might give us £50 million ?

• Like 2

Said it before many times, I can't see any EPL club in for him at the price City have quoted.

They're all about "names".

If he leaves (which I'm not convinced) it'll be to a top European club imo.

More than happy to be proved wrong if City get the 25m they've quoted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Tottenham must suddenly seem a much better option than they were a week ago. New manager, likes to play attacking football, history of developing young players. Lots of the deadwood being cleared out. Levy was 'burned' by refusing to pay £20 million for Grealish when he had the chance. Might not make the same mistake twice with a Championship starlet.

Aston Villa had some serious financial issues at that time, Levy was looking to do what he does. However we have no such concerns.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

£88m….when are we getting our sell-ons for Webster, Brownhill and Kelly!

Not for another year at least I expect. Who knows- maybe Webster goes this summer. Another sell-on beneficiary maybe Blackburn with Raya, Maddison Norwich, potentially even Adams and Birmingham again.

However it is fair to say we are due! Statistically for none to move is surprising but that said stats aside I'm not too surprised- but we've put in a lot of hard work financially so yeah we are due.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not for another year at least I expect. Who knows- maybe Webster goes this summer. Another sell-on beneficiary maybe Blackburn with Raya, Maddison Norwich, potentially even Adams and Birmingham again.

However it is fair to say we are due! Statistically for none to move is surprising but that said stats aside I'm not too surprised- but we've put in a lot of hard work financially so yeah we are due.

Don’t think they’ll ever materialise if I’m being honest!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Had Burnley stayed down, Bournemouth gone down but yeah a tad disappointing. We had a great piece of luck in enticing and being able to back NP now but in general...We aren't the luckiest club with small yet important items.

As for Borussia Dortmund and Scott, the only real place I've seen links is on here. They are currently in for Alvarez of Ajax but with Dahoud leaving as well perhaps they will need more than one midfielder.

RB Leipzig are also quite good with young players and selling on, article I posted suggested they were interested too- they are in need of a CM with one of theirs heavily linked with Bayern. Regular CL revenue..I expect they could afford Scott.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Webster won't be leaving Brighton I would think.  The basis of their success for 3 years has been him and Dunk and they know it.  Likes of Cucarella, Ben White etc have done very little in comparison to those 2 but Brighton brilliantly exploited that and silly money, especially for Cucarella.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Unfortunately, for City’s finances (selfishly) rather than the players’ careers/own finances, I suspect you are quite correct.

Webster may move on, but I don’t foresee a fee greater than that which Brighton paid, so no profit bonus.

Idem, unfortunately, Kelly. A very good player and, when he was here, an extremely promising talent. Unfortunately, I am not convinced he has really progressed as I (and others) might have hoped, so probably no real profit (for City) in the event of any move.

I think Brownhill is different, for he has most certainly improved - immensely. Nevertheless, he seems well settled (and much loved) at Burnley, close to home, so I wonder whether he would really be interested in a move to, say, Brighton or similar. Unless one of the ´top six’ come in for him with some fantastic offer - for both Burnley and him - I don’t envisage him moving on any time soon.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As for Borussia Dortmund and Scott, the only real place I've seen links is on here. They are currently in for Alvarez of Ajax but with Dahoud leaving as well perhaps they will need more than one midfielder.

RB Leipzig are also quite good with young players and selling on, article I posted suggested they were interested too- they are in need of a CM with one of theirs heavily linked with Bayern. Regular CL revenue..I expect they could afford Scott.

I'm pretty sure Dortmund haven't been linked. It makes perfect sense in theory though given he's exactly the quality of young player they recruit. Also Alex Scott glowingly responded yes when asked if he'd like to play abroad one day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm pretty sure Dortmund haven't been linked. It makes perfect sense in theory though given he's exactly the quality of young player they recruit. Also Alex Scott glowingly responded yes when asked if he'd like to play abroad one day.

Yep especially when he looks at what they have done with Bellingham. Of course it's a big move for a young lad to a different country, but basing it on the football side it's a perfect club for him.

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

If he's going to move then Brighton would be my choice, they will develop him and from a personal point I will get to see him play being based in Brighton.

I just have this feeling/hope that he's going to stay and look at how the club are doing and then look at things in January..

55 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep especially when he looks at what they have done with Bellingham. Of course it's a big move for a young lad to a different country, but basing it on the football side it's a perfect club for him.

It would be a tremendous move for him. I actually think we could see some interest/ a bid from Dortmund or potentially another similar sized club on the continent for Scott. 

We would be naive to think that it has only been Premier league clubs keeping tabs on him.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Luton, what a sense of humour this guy has!

Is he serious.

I doubt he's serious.

But even if its 25m, I can't see Scott going to a small club which are odds on to come back down.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

The only thing Spurs have in their favour is Scott's support. The new guy is wholly untried at a top level. Winning a one horse race at a canter in the pub league is not an indicator of anything really.

The move I'm hoping for that would be best for everyone would be Newcastle. Money to burn, but also the sort of manager who would be perfect for his development in my opinion.

Have to agree, I believe Levy has made yet another terrible appointment, and IMHO I will be surprised if the new manager is still in a job by January.   I will be putting money down that he will be a leader in the Prem sack race? 

1 hour ago, BCFC Rich said:

Quite a few quality midfielders moving around this summer - Bellingham, Rice, Barnes - presumably a good chance Ward-Prowse and Maddison will move too. Be interesting to see how it all shapes up. 

Caicedo probably, Mac Allister already, Phillips possibly, Mount... nuts really 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Mac Allister from Brighton to Liverpool for a reported £35 million with &10 million add ons.

So if Brighton are interested in Scott, how can we get £35 million for a promising 19 year old who has only played Championship for two seasons?

He had a release clause in his contract.

Also Alex has the English tax attached to him.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Mac Allister from Brighton to Liverpool for a reported £35 million with &10 million add ons.

So if Brighton are interested in Scott, how can we get £35 million for a promising 19 year old who has only played Championship for two seasons?

It was a £35million release clause mate they can’t not accept. On the other hand I don’t believe we have one in scotts contract. He’s also 5 years younger, English and versatile as proven with the 21/22 season. Might not get 35 but will definitely get at least 25.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

A few more weeks of no news and the chances of him signing a new contract here with an appropriate release clause go up

I wonder if Pearson really wants Scott or some funds to splash the cash 

Nige will be more interested in Alex staying  - we should be building our team around him.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I see now that the fee was £55m which alters the comment I made earlier.