IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem with that is it quotes Jordan Jones, a Cardiff fan who knows the square root of **** all about us.

Might as well talk to someone stood outside the Barley Mow as that *******.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Problem with that is it quotes Jordan Jones, a Cardiff fan who knows the square root of **** all about us.

Might as well talk to someone stood outside the Barley Mow as that *******.

I assumed he may have a little more insight especially into the Wolves aspect as their financial position is questionable- he seems to be a West Midlands correspondent. However yes now you mention it.

Still not wholly convinced we will receive a £25m bid this summer but the market moves quickly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I assumed he may have a little more insight especially into the Wolves aspect as their financial position is questionable- he seems to be a West Midlands correspondent. However yes now you mention it.

Still not wholly convinced we will receive a £25m bid this summer but the market moves quickly.

He’s just rehashed Jones’ usual guesswork & trawling the internet.

None of us really know, presumably having played a lot longer than most of the players because of the U20 games Scott is currently on holiday, which explains the silence in public to me, but no one knows for certain.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s just rehashed Jones’ usual guesswork & trawling the internet.

None of us really know, presumably having played a lot longer than most of the players because of the U20 games Scott is currently on holiday, which explains the silence in public to me, but no one knows for certain.

Well tbh the Wolves budgetary constraints are quite well documented and Percy is very reliable (some of it was sourced from that article, in fact maybe Jones sourced it from my post on this thread ha) but yes nobody knows for sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

@Carey 6 Louis what's that player valuation software that you showed me that professional clubs use?

Would be interesting to see what price they put on Scott?

It’s called TransferRoom. Mentioned in this article here about how we used it to sell Semenyo.

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/bournemouth-semenyo-online-transfer-market-8275256.amp

The valuations on it are just expected transfer values, they go off of previous transfers of players in a similar age/position and use them as benchmarks. They currently have Scott at £15m-20m

Clubs are able to make players available, set a fee & add ons they would like to receive in order to sell a player if they wish. 

Clubs can declare an interest at the click of a button on there and it opens up a private messaging tab where they can negotiate or exchange details. 

Clubs can also arrange friendlies on there. 

Edited by Carey 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

It’s called TransferRoom. Mentioned in this article here about how we used it to sell Semenyo.

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/bournemouth-semenyo-online-transfer-market-8275256.amp

The valuations on it are just expected transfer values, they go off of previous transfers of players in a similar age/position and use them as benchmarks. They currently have Scott at £15m-20m

Clubs are able to make players available, set a fee & add ons they would like to receive in order to sell a player if they wish. 

Clubs can declare an interest at the click of a button on there and it opens up a private messaging tab where they can negotiate or exchange details. 

Clubs can also arrange friendlies on there. 

I was gonna say “transfer room” but it’s not really anything scientific in working out valuations per se. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was gonna say “transfer room” but it’s not really anything scientific in working out valuations per se. 

It seems much the same as Transfermarkt. Neither can factor in all the variables that determine the price of a given player eg contractual position, how badly the selling club needs the money, how much competition there is for the player and so on.

• Like 3

Considering Spurs fans opinions of a player like Kulusevski & his goal involvements (despite being involved in 22 goals in just 48 matches) , i would be worried about Scott going there & the fans expectations, however if they show us the money then adios……but i think a club like Brighton or Wolves would be a much better move for him to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wolves can't afford as it stands, FFP a problem there.

Brighton, £30m on Joao Pedro and pushing for Colwill for £40m now.

Says they're keen on Alcaraz, Southampton. 20 years old, midfield- £25m asking price. Will Scott outcompete him?

Not sure how it works, but with Wolves letting go of Jimenez & Moutinho, along with the likely departure of Neves, would that put them in a stronger position money wise, or will that not factor in to FFP until the following summer?

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wolves can't afford as it stands, FFP a problem there.

Brighton, £30m on Joao Pedro and pushing for Colwill for £40m now.

Says they're keen on Alcaraz, Southampton. 20 years old, midfield- £25m asking price. Will Scott outcompete him?

Brighton have also signed Milner and, today, Dahoud, so they are not short of midfielders.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Not sure how it works, but with Wolves letting go of Jimenez & Moutinho, along with the likely departure of Neves, would that put them in a stronger position money wise, or will that not factor in to FFP until the following summer?

Depends on the size of the deficit. There was a thread on their forum that intimated that they had a £50m FFP shortfall, that would be before any signings I assume. If they sell for strong profits it can change but John Percy seemed to suggest that they would be targeting signings in the £8-15m bracket.

• Like 1

I can see Scott still being here when the window closes if we stick to a £25m valuation. It may be that a club becomes willing to pay that if he continues to improve next season but I don't think he is there just yet. This is good news as far as I'm concerned as I want to see us pushing for top six next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I can see Scott still being here when the window closes if we stick to a £25m valuation. It may be that a club becomes willing to pay that if he continues to improve next season but I don't think he is there just yet. This is good news as far as I'm concerned as I want to see us pushing for top six next season.

Yep as far as I can see Scott isn't pushing for a move. I'm actually becoming more optimistic he'll be here until Jan at least

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Can I just say that the twitter commentator price range is beginning to inflate exponentially, so Spurs better get a move on unless they are happy paying over 40M rumour mill pounds.

Quite amusing seeing the Section 82 song become reality! 

(“20 mill Alex Scott, Alex Scott” increase 10 million each time etc.)

• Haha 2

I do wonder if Borussia Dortmund might yet end up bidding for Scott. Nothing reported but they seem to be moving from target to target, either scattergun or price differentials who knows.

Alvarez from Ajax seems to be the constant but the 2nd of 2 seemed to have been Nmecha (Wolfsburg) now it is Hjulmand Lecce and various ones in between.

Scott was ahead of all of these at respective stages of career btw. Otoh in the case of the Lecce one, €15-20m seems to be mooted, and perhaps Borussia Dortmund will see that as better value to spread around the team.

Or if Borussia Dortmund get gazumped on one or even both, perhaps Scott will come into view a bit more. There has been nothing outside of Bristol City social media afaik concretely linking Scott to Dortmund yet.

7 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I am thinking the same, I don’t think premier league clubs will take a £25m punt on a 20 year old with 2 years left on a contract 

if he has a stellar season and we miss out on promotion then I think we will cash in but at this moment in time and if I were a premier league club I think i could find better value for £25m with more experience 

I hope I’m right! ?

32 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I am thinking the same, I don’t think premier league clubs will take a £25m punt on a 20 year old with 2 years left on a contract 

if he has a stellar season and we miss out on promotion then I think we will cash in but at this moment in time and if I were a premier league club I think i could find better value for £25m with more experience 

I hope I’m right! ?

True, but if some of these “second tier” Premier League clubs, i.e. Brighton, West Ham, Wolves take this approach, the risk is that a bigger club could come in later for him when he has a year left on his contract and take them out of the running. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I do wonder if Borussia Dortmund might yet end up bidding for Scott. Nothing reported but they seem to be moving from target to target, either scattergun or price differentials who knows.

Alvarez from Ajax seems to be the constant but the 2nd of 2 seemed to have been Nmecha (Wolfsburg) now it is Hjulmand Lecce and various ones in between.

Scott was ahead of all of these at respective stages of career btw. Otoh in the case of the Lecce one, €15-20m seems to be mooted, and perhaps Borussia Dortmund will see that as better value to spread around the team.

Or if Borussia Dortmund get gazumped on one or even both, perhaps Scott will come into view a bit more. There has been nothing outside of Bristol City social media afaik concretely linking Scott to Dortmund yet.

You’d think his agent would be picking up the phone and calling them! 

16 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

True, but if some of these “second tier” Premier League clubs, i.e. Brighton, West Ham, Wolves take this approach, the risk is that a bigger club could come in later for him when he has a year left on his contract and take them out of the running. 

Wolves have difficulties financially ie FFP wise, Brighton and West Ham could be more financially likely.

A year left on his deal, in theory if all goes to plan he will have grown further as a player and have better numbers- otoh what percentage might a player value start to fall in the final year.

The transfer market is a strange thing though, January 2023 Harry Souttar £15m. Post WC effect playing a role, had Semenyo had a greater chance to shine in Qatar might we have got a bigger fee? Souttar is older and a defender but I think was contracted until 2025.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Yep as far as I can see Scott isn't pushing for a move. I'm actually becoming more optimistic he'll be here until Jan at least

Yeah i tend to agree with you aswell, would be fantastic for us if we can keep him for one more season.. Would genuinely fancy our chances at a play-off push if we did.

The "right" thing for Scott to do if there are no takers by September 1 would be to sign a one year extension but his agent will not care what's in City's interest.

He has a good season his value goes up but this is reduced with just one year remaining on his current deal.

Now is the time!

26 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The "right" thing for Scott to do if there are no takers by September 1 would be to sign a one year extension but his agent will not care what's in City's interest.

He has a good season his value goes up but this is reduced with just one year remaining on his current deal.

Now is the time!

Could always sign a one year extension with a £25 million release clause. Win, win.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s linked to Brentford by Sports.fr especially if they lose Raya . 

We know he's good and played many positions but first choice goalkeeper for a Premier League club may be pushing it, even for a player with Scott's ability.

• Haha 5