IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I've said all along that I can't see any EPL club paying 25m for Scott, I think its a figure derived to either keep him here or get over the odds for him if we have to lose him imo.

If he does go, I think it'll be because Scott and/or his agent is pushing for it and it'll be for a lot less than 25m.

Hope he stays for another season, could make a difference to where we end up.

I think we'll accept slightly less. We should hold out for as much as possible.

Wouldnt surprise me if he goes in the last couple of days of the window.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Rejected the bid.

Think they want £120m.

Reports I have seen say that they are not happy with the structure of the bid, ie Arsenal want to pay the guaranteed amount over 5 years. Man City have dropped out so there is no bidding war.

West Ham are now said to be interested in Palhinha, Zakaria, Onana and Ward-Prowse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Man City have pulled out. Just being greedy now. £100 m plus £5m in add ons is about right. He's not worth more than Jude Bellingham.

No he isn’t.

West Ham are very much in the box seats here. Arsenal are desperate to sign him and are going all out to get him, so West Ham can effectively dictate the terms. Unless they completely over cook it they will get what they want.

41 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

No he isn’t.

West Ham are very much in the box seats here. Arsenal are desperate to sign him and are going all out to get him, so West Ham can effectively dictate the terms. Unless they completely over cook it they will get what they want.

Arsenal want him as Partey is off to Saudi I assume they know how much for and what they have to play with 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Man City have pulled out. Just being greedy now. £100 m plus £5m in add ons is about right. He's not worth more than Jude Bellingham.

That's no different to us with Scott though, West ham have a valuation if a team fails to meet that, he remains a west ham player

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's no different to us with Scott though, West ham have a valuation if a team fails to meet that, he remains a west ham player

I dont disagree with your sentiment, although it has always appeared (publicly at least) that £100m would do the deal. In that respect Arsenal knew roughly what it would take and should just gone in with £100m to start with to get the deal done quickly. Now it's got messy in the past 24 hours with Man City entering the race then pulling out after Arsenal upped there bid.

I just don't see us acting in that way. We have a valuation on Scott and if someone phones up tomorrow and meets that valuation, he's gone.

40 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Arsenal want him as Partey is off to Saudi I assume they know how much for and what they have to play with 

Oh I agree on that, not suggesting that they will go to £150m or anything.

What I am suggesting is that they have set their stall out and it’s difficult to row back now.

12 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I dont disagree with your sentiment, although it has always appeared (publicly at least) that £100m would do the deal. In that respect Arsenal knew roughly what it would take and should just gone in with £100m to start with to get the deal done quickly. Now it's got messy in the past 24 hours with Man City entering the race then pulling out after Arsenal upped there bid.

I just don't see us acting in that way. We have a valuation on Scott and if someone phones up tomorrow and meets that valuation, he's gone.

West ham have never publicly said, we want 100m, West ham have never actually put a valuation on rice,

Where as city have with Scott,

Rice is West hams best player club and team captain an England International and under contract,

If they say 100m isn't enough then it isn't enough 

5 hours ago, BCFCAL said:

Benarous with the highest score on the fitness test yesterday - if he can stay fit and play like the glimpses we seen, a midfield of James/Naismith, Scott and Benarous would be very nice in my eyes!

In the latest Uncut video, Benarous is not included with the 1st team for the full contact drill shown from 12:20 onwards. He's with the U21s and, even then, is keeping himself out of harm's way rather than being in the thick of it.

This would suggest he's some way short of a full return to action.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

No he isn’t.

Nicely played by Man City who forced Arsenal to pay a higher fee .

• Flames 1

Am I the only one that is disappointed in Rice preferring Arsenal over Man City? 

For England, the best outcome is that Rice plays for Man City, being coached by Pep. Without a doubt Pep would make him a better player than Arteta would. 

At Man City he will be challenging for the league every season and playing in huge games and huge Cup finals. That can only be good for England. 

To me it just feels as if he prefers Arsenal as its a safe move for him. He doesn't have to move out of London and doesn't have to challenge himself as he will walk into the Arsenal side. 

If I was Southgate I'd be on the phone to him urging him to join Man City. I think the fact Man City made one bid and then walked away was probably because they were informed he didn't really want to join them. 

I don't know it just feels like he's not backing himself and instead is playing it safe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Am I the only one that is disappointed in Rice preferring Arsenal over Man City? 

For England, the best outcome is that Rice plays for Man City, being coached by Pep. Without a doubt Pep would make him a better player than Arteta would. 

At Man City he will be challenging for the league every season and playing in huge games and huge Cup finals. That can only be good for England. 

To me it just feels as if he prefers Arsenal as its a safe move for him. He doesn't have to move out of London and doesn't have to challenge himself as he will walk into the Arsenal side. 

If I was Southgate I'd be on the phone to him urging him to join Man City. I think the fact Man City made one bid and then walked away was probably because they were informed he didn't really want to join them. 

I don't know it just feels like he's not backing himself and instead is playing it safe. 

Did you not notice arsenal challenging for the title last season, with a young side that's only going to get better?,

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Rice will get more minutes at Arsenal than he would at Man City. Arsenal is the better club for England. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Did you not notice arsenal challenging for the title last season, with a young side that's only going to get better?,

I noticed that they challenged for a title for one season in a season where the other big clubs were shite. They didn't have any Champions league football either. 

For me at present they are a club that challenges for the top 4. 

5 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Rice will get more minutes at Arsenal than he would at Man City. Arsenal is the better club for England. 

Thats what I mean, its a safe move for him. Nah I don't think playing every minute for a club that are in and around the top 6 is better for England than going to Man City and earning his place. Will Arsenal be challenging for every competition going? Highly doubtful. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thats what I mean, its a safe move for him. Nah I don't think playing every minute for a club that are in and around the top 6 is better for England than going to Man City and earning his place. Will Arsenal be challenging for every competition going? Highly doubtful. 

So, you'd rather Rice sit on the bench at Man City and career stall like kelvin Phillips then go to Arsenal play 40 odd games and continue to improve.....

Tell me your a man City fan without saying your a man City fan.......

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

So, you'd rather Rice sit on the bench at Man City and career stall like kelvin Phillips then go to Arsenal play 40 odd games and continue to improve.....

Tell me your a man City fan without saying your a man City fan.......

Tell me you're a Arsenal fan without telling me you're an Arsenal fan.....

Phillips has had a injury hit season. Many players join Man City and only play the odd games in their first season and then go on to be important 1st team players.

If he doesn't back himself to get into Man City's team then for me he's not got the right minerals to play for the national team. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Should Saka be agitating for a move to Man City given your logic? Or indeed any other member of the England squad who doesn't already play for them?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Should Saka be agitating for a move to Man City given your logic? Or indeed any other member of the England squad who doesn't already play for them?

If a Man City, Real, Barca etc came in for him and he rejected it because its safe to stay at Arsenal then I'd question that too. 

The national team needs players playing at very highest level and in the very biggest games. Maybe then we won't keep choking big games. 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If he doesn't back himself to get into Man City's team then for me he's not got the right minerals to play for the national team. 

You'd better let Southgate know then. Might be too late though, he already has 41 caps!

• Haha 1