IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I find them a pitiful outfit but their money is the same as anyone else’s & so if they offer the asking price then he’s off.

Mad to think though that they could have given us circa £50m for 3 players (Kelly, Semenyo & Scott) if it happened.

Yep..... games against Arsenal. Man City Et al?  And £100 mill on it's way.  Oh to be so pitiful?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep..... games against Arsenal. Man City Et al?  And £100 mill on it's way.  Oh to be so pitiful?

I meant the league one ground & support, getting there by cheating FFP whilst being bankrolled by a dubious Russian investor.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not really.

If Spurs for example (or a number of EPL clubs) come in at the same price, where's he gonna go ?

Spurs or Bournemouth?

Can I have a 50:50 or phone a friend?

• Haha 1

Such a risk for him going there. Genuinely think it would be an awful move. It’s incredibly hard for any player to stand out in a Bournemouth team. They will more than likely go down so he’s back at championship level after what will be a rough season in the prem so doubt he’ll get a move away to stay at the top. Genuinely think it’s better he stays here for another 12 months and see what happens after that. Bournemouth, Luton and Sheffield United are all clubs he needs to avoid. No good making such an important move in his career to any of them, hold out for that next level of team. If he truly believes in himself he’ll get a better move, going to Bournemouth doesn’t progress his career at all. Just gets a rotational spot in a team that’s finishing in the bottom 5. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Negan said:

Such a risk for him going there. Genuinely think it would be an awful move. It’s incredibly hard for any player to stand out in a Bournemouth team. They will more than likely go down so he’s back at championship level after what will be a rough season in the prem so doubt he’ll get a move away to stay at the top. Genuinely think it’s better he stays here for another 12 months and see what happens after that. Bournemouth, Luton and Sheffield United are all clubs he needs to avoid. No good making such an important move in his career to any of them, hold out for that next level of team. If he truly believes in himself he’ll get a better move, going to Bournemouth doesn’t progress his career at all. Just gets a rotational spot in a team that’s finishing in the bottom 5. 

Don’t disagree with any of that. I think Alex’s move when it comes, will actually be a stepping sone to a truly big club here or abroad unless one of the big 6 in the EPL are prepared to pay £25m now for potential. Man City might, and I would see that as a great move for him. Otherwise he is probably going to end up at West Ham / Wolves / ?

Bournemouth has the potential to be a very bad move. Listening to the newish owner I suspect he thinks being successful in the EPL is very straightforward, which obviously it isn’t.

How long will the new HC last if they have a bad start. I don’t know why but I get Watford ‘vibes’ about them.

• Like 1

Echo what others are saying, he could do so much better than that tinpot club.

Would be both surprised and disappointed if he went there just to try and scrape not being relegated.

They will come back down sooner rather than later.

Brighton or West Ham would be ideal for him to fulfill his huge potential.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Surely he can do better than Bournemouth? Problem is if though that if they meet the valuation i really don’t see the club standing in his way..

I wouldn’t think they would but obviously he does not need to agree to the move.

He comes across as a smart and grounded young man, and whist the money will be attractive, he will know that it will be coming his way soon no matter what.

Bit of an over reaction on Bournemouth being a potential location for Alex from some on here..

Somewhat reminds of some Derby fans who have recently been saying the same about us with Knight coming here.

Simply put.. they play in the Premier League regardless of history. If he goes there and gets an opportunity to play that's much better than joining Spurs and getting sporadic appearances. Alex is a brilliant talent but he's only 19.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Starting to sound like Derby fans ?

I don’t think many are claiming we’re bigger than Bournemouth, just expressing concern over this move.

He could end up like Lloyd Kelly, tipped for the top but never got that move after going to an unfashionable club. Yes, he’s had a good career, but he was tipped for England caps just like Scott.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Bit of an over reaction on Bournemouth being a potential location for Alex from some on here..

Somewhat reminds of some Derby fans who have recently been saying the same about us with Knight coming here.

Simply put.. they play in the Premier League regardless of history. If he goes there and gets an opportunity to play that's much better than joining Spurs and getting sporadic appearances. Alex is a brilliant talent but he's only 19.

I get what you are saying but with regards to Alex Scott it's not the same for me.

Like Derby fans on their forum have been saying, Jason Knight's 'ceiling' is probably confined to championship level.

Scott on the other hand is not only quite a bit younger, but his potential is ridiculous, his ceiling is a whole lot higher than a club like Bournemouth with all due respect.

He could do better, and I suspect being the level headed and mature lad that he is, he knows he could do better.

He will know i'm sure the number of clubs that have been reported to have interest in him, Spurs, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, even Liverpool & Inter.

Why would he go to Bournemouth?

Not a good move for him, he can do so much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

Why does h have to go now or In January, next summer is still ok for those desperate to sell the family silver. Help us go up and you might find we are rather bigger than the mighty Bournemouth ?

Thats my point. If he stays we need to do well (we'll we need to anyway). My point is that if we're in the lower half of the table come January, then the reality is that he'll be gone if the offers are there.

If he stays and we do well going into January, then he's less inclined to want to move - at least until next season if we don't go up. 

If Knight signs as expected/hoped, then for the first time since THAT Cotts season, we look well stocked in most positions, and there is a hint of optimism around the club - even Nige mentioned the P word the other day!! Yes I think we still need to look at the goalkeeping situation, however if we want to keep players like Scott, Conway etc, then we need to capitalise on the feel good factor, and getting a good balance within the squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Thats my point. If he stays we need to do well (we'll we need to anyway). My point is that if we're in the lower half of the table come January, then the reality is that he'll be gone if the offers are there.

If he stays and we do well going into January, then he's less inclined to want to move - at least until next season if we don't go up. 

If Knight signs as expected/hoped, then for the first time since THAT Cotts season, we look well stocked in most positions, and there is a hint of optimism around the club - even Nige mentioned the P word the other day!! Yes I think we still need to look at the goalkeeping situation, however if we want to keep players like Scott, Conway etc, then we need to capitalise on the feel good factor, and getting a good balance within the squad.

At last , a man with ambition. Glad to get that monkey of my back ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

I get what you are saying but with regards to Alex Scott it's not the same for me.

Like Derby fans on their forum have been saying, Jason Knight's 'ceiling' is probably confined to championship level.

Scott on the other hand is not only quite a bit younger, but his potential is ridiculous, his ceiling is a whole lot higher than a club like Bournemouth with all due respect.

He could do better, and I suspect being the level headed and mature lad that he is, he knows he could do better.

He will know i'm sure the number of clubs that have been reported to have interest in him, Spurs, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, even Liverpool & Inter.

Why would he go to Bournemouth?

Not a good move for him, he can do so much better.

Not what I've been reading. They've been saying exactly the same as you. Knight should of gone to a 'better' Championship club than us. Your saying the same but with Alex.

There’s a lot of football snobbery here about the Bournemouth which becomes irrelevant as they can offer the one thing we crave in Premiership football.  If they have a bid accepted and are the only option of course he will go there. I’m sure he will have other preferences but Bournemouth will raise his profile & if he does as well as we know he will, then he will move on again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Hmmm - Bournemouth, it’s one he would really have to think hard about. If he goes there, plays well (he will) and they get relegated then next summer they want £50m or else he has to suck it up like brownhill did. He is better than this move, surely an established team will pip them to it, or stay with us Alex! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And that's where Bournemouth or anyone else may then come in with a 26 million pound bid etc. That's called a bidding war ?‍♂️

The thing is it’s not an auction (with a reserve price ?).

Hence bidding wars rarely happen.  It’s a bit of a fallacy in football.

City will speak to interested clubs, they’ll say we want <insert terms>.  If two clubs meet those terms, they don’t then try to bid against each other…it’s then a case of trying to win over Alex…they’ve already won City over.  They will put their attentions and £££s in the offer to Alex not giving us more money!!

If however neither side meets our terms, then we might play one off against the other trying to get nearer to our asking terms.  We might just say “goodbye”.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The thing is it’s not an auction (with a reserve price ?).

Hence bidding wars rarely happen.  It’s a bit of a fallacy in football.

City will speak to interested clubs, they’ll say we want <insert terms>.  If two clubs meet those terms, they don’t then try to bid against each other…it’s then a case of trying to win over Alex…they’ve already won City over.  They will put their attentions and £££s in the offer to Alex not giving us more money!!

If however neither side meets our terms, then we might play one off against the other trying to get nearer to our asking terms.  We might just say “goodbye”.

I’ve seen you raise this point before Dave and have been meaning to ask you, if this is the case can a selling club not refuse to give a set value? Can they say to interested parties ‘stake your claims’ and effectively auction their player to drive up sums? 

So team x offers 20 million, the selling club leaks that info and says ‘not enough’, team y knows 20 won’t get the deal done so offers 21 million, so on and so on until all but one team has backed out and you have a winner? I realise this isn’t how it works, I guess what I’m asking is can it be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

If they offer the asking price the boy has a choice to make that’s for sure!

I’m not sure he’d jump at the chance to play for a club that messed him about four or five years ago and will likely be facing relegation next year. If he stays, there’s more chance of playing PL with us in 2024/25 than bloody Bournemouth IMO. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’ve seen you raise this point before Dave and have been meaning to ask you, if this is the case can a selling club not refuse to give a set value? Can they say to interested parties ‘stake your claims’ and effectively auction their player to drive up sums? 

So team x offers 20 million, the selling club leaks that info and says ‘not enough’, team y knows 20 won’t get the deal done so offers 21 million, so on and so on until all but one team has backed out and you have a winner? I realise this isn’t how it works, I guess what I’m asking is can it be?

Of course, they can do what they want, but generally they are gonna have a price in mind, and they’re gonna tell the buying club that…at some point at least.  They of course might set that high or low depending on interest.

Edited by Davefevs