IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

First bid in. The calm is coming to a close and the storm is starting to rumble. Here’s hoping we price them out. Considering they’re starting 10 million short (assuming the widely quoted 25 million is correct, I hope it’s 30), it doesn’t seem impossible. 

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

£15m is a joke of an offer. Don’t insult us, our price has been made clear since the start of the window.

We are a few weeks out from the start of the season. Why would they expect us to drop our asking price by almost half for our prize asset? 

Pay the fee, get the player. 

£15m basic with add ons, so not that bad really. Club are saying they want £25m, but imo I think £22m does it 

• Like 3

15+ additions appears to be the offer. Who knows how attainable those additional sums are. 

All the time the valuation is not met there is likely to be a bidding war until one or more clubs meets what City are prepared to accept. 

It’s a factor of what other clubs come in and I don’t rule out one or more of the really big hitters. 

Let’s be fair, Bournemouth have a history of starting with low bids and then meeting us “in the middle” e.g Semenyo.

I can see City taking a guaranteed £20m plus £5m in add-ons…..

This will start to escalate now - the next week or so will be interesting, especially once Rice has gone to Arsenal 

The one thing I am confident of is that City won’t be a pushover in negotiations.

We went public with £25m being the minimum price so to accept anything less now would not look good. I guess we will see now if anyone else moves for him and what sort of price they are prepared to go to. This could be bubbling for some time and with our purchases done you’d imagine we can afford to sit and wait unless someone reaches our price.

• Like 1

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s be fair, Bournemouth have a history of starting with low bids and then meeting us “in the middle” e.g Semenyo.

I can see City taking a guaranteed £20m plus £5m in add-ons…..

This will start to escalate now - the next week or so will be interesting, especially once Rice has gone to Arsenal 

The one thing I am confident of is that City won’t be a pushover in negotiations.

Agreed. £20m plus add ons will do it. Hopefully a beefy sell on clause 

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Disagree.   Imho we can’t let him go for 20% less than asking price to the fist bidder.  Sends out completely the wrong signals - sell ons or not.   We shall see though. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Maybe but this is a once in a lifetime player for us I believe , best natural talent in the many years I have been following us , he will play for England for sure and in my opinion be a superstar, 25million plus BIG sell on fee will prove to be very cheap

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

We went public with £25m being the minimum price so to accept anything less now would not look good. I guess we will see now if anyone else moves for him and what sort of price they are prepared to go to. This could be bubbling for some time and with our purchases done you’d imagine we can afford to sit and wait unless someone reaches our price.

Our purchases aren’t done because we have to go straight back into the market for a CM if we’re going to let Scott go

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Maybe but this is a once in a lifetime player for us I believe , best natural talent in the many years I have been following us , he will play for England for sure and in my opinion be a superstar, 25million plus BIG sell on fee will prove to be very cheap

Not saying I would take it, think we should stick to our guns but worry 20m will do it. Then again we are ran better these days thankfully 

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

How long until a 2nd team makes a bid?

Seem to be rumours of lots of clubs monitoring the situation, let’s see who is desperate to sign him.

Apparently West Ham and Spurs have asked City to be kept up-to-date re bids for Scott - next couple of days could be interesting now that Bournemouth have opened the bidding 

• Like 3

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Apparently West Ham and Spurs have asked City to be kept up-to-date re bids for Scott - next couple of days could be interesting now that Bournemouth have opened the bidding 

If that's true then Bournemouth have made a mistake bidding so low. As the least desirable destination they'll need to come up with the wonga, and quick

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

£15m is a joke of an offer. Don’t insult us, our price has been made clear since the start of the window.

We are a few weeks out from the start of the season. Why would they expect us to drop our asking price by almost half for our prize asset? 

Pay the fee, get the player. 

When negotiating always start lower than low. Classic tactics. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just think it's funny how certain people have spent the last few pages pretending to be very knowledgable about how transfers work, and are now getting all worked up about how derisory a bid of £15m like it's a take it or leave it offer.

Bournemouth are playing the game, that's all. It's nothing we haven't done with Jason Knight.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Disagree.   Imho we can’t let him go for 20% less than asking price to the fist bidder.  Sends out completely the wrong signals - sell ons or not.   We shall see though. 

Difficult one. Usually when a club says "We want £Xm for this player" it really means "We'll accept slightly below £Xm for this player".

That being said, he is an exceptional talent with all the potential in the world. If ever there was a player who we should genuinely want £25m+ for, it's Scott.

My guess is he'll go for below £25m up front, but over £25m with add ons. Something like £22m + £5m add ons.

• Like 1

I think 25m guaranteed we would say yes to still. Whether that’s a lump some or 20m + 5m in guaranteed add ons.

Could easily see the add ons Bournemouth are willing to add would be based on their survival next year and not guaranteed.

Also the further we get to the start of the season/end of the window the more we would want I think.