IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

West Ham have a lot of potential targets so whether they'll go for Scott remains to be seen.

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2023/07/13/trump-card-report-hammers-eye-move-for-midfield-duo/

Tyler Adams and Ward-Prowse.

Elsewhere being linked with Zakaria.

Edson Alvarez from Ajax was another. Nothing for a while.

Phillips staying at Man City but they did make inquiries etc.

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not a chance.

Supposing Scott begins to agitate for a move, then we have the start of a problem. His agent will also be eyeing up a nice bonus or commission I'm sure.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Alex Crook on Talksport indicating that he feels Bournemouth will get him for about £18m as there isn't the interest that City were hoping for from other clubs. 

Whilst 18 million is a lot of money, the club will have a very unhappy fanbase on its hands if he goes for that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Alex Crook on Talksport indicating that he feels Bournemouth will get him for about £18m as there isn't the interest that City were hoping for from other clubs. 

I think we will keep him for now then if that’s the best offer that comes in

• Like 6

Just now, RedEd73 said:

January I reckon. Won't wait until next summer, unless Alex signs a new contract with a release clause (assuming our valuation isn't met this summer)

Depends how well we're doing in January.

If we're bottom third or lower midtable going nowhere then maybe, if we're in the mix for the playoffs or even above then we just can't sell then. Maybe if we get a top offer but beyond that we just can't.

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

January I reckon. Won't wait until next summer, unless Alex signs a new contract with a release clause (assuming our valuation isn't met this summer)

Next summer, when we know what League we are in, what we have and what we need, what is available, and by which time Scott will have demonstrated to the World what a great player he is having led City to the promised land.  We do not need to sell, so don’t 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whilst 18 million is a lot of money, the club will have a very unhappy fanbase on its hands if he goes for that. 

Would do you think we should do if no one is prepared to go any higher up front, then?

Keep a player who wants to leave? With no guarantee that he’s going to be happy in the interim. He also won’t sign the new contract that’s been on offer for months, pretty obvious why.

Wait a year for offers that probably won’t get any higher as he’ll then be a year from his contract expiring? 

We realistically have 2 weeks to see what the highest offer we get is and then almost certainly sell.

Bournemouth are currently the only game in town, West Ham might be interested but he’s well down their list.

• Flames 1

I just have thoughts that if he stays here another season, in which we expect/dream that we'll be banging on the Prem door and playing for England Under 21's it will significantly increase his transfer value.

And if that happens, I still have a feeling that he impressed Guardiola enough for them to be in the hunt. 

However, while the impression I get from City, is that we don't want him to go yet, I think the reality is that we want a big enough lump sum in our kitty to support our firm desire for Prem at Ashton Gate.

The arrival of Pearson and his cohorts have significantly changed the thinking at City from "We'd like to play in the Premier" to "It's about time that we did what a club the size of City and the population of greater Bristol deserve, is promotion within two years".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Could be 10 up front and 15 million spread over a few years.

True although their upper bid seems to have topped our at £18m.

Same principle would apply of course, £10m up front then instalments spread over 2-4 years. Of course I don't see us selling for £18m.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Would do you think we should do if no one is prepared to go any higher up front, then?

Keep a player who wants to leave? With no guarantee that he’s going to be happy in the interim. He also won’t sign the new contract that’s been on offer for months, pretty obvious why.

Wait a year for offers that probably won’t get any higher as he’ll then be a year from his contract expiring? 

We realistically have 2 weeks to see what the highest offer we get is and then almost certainly sell.

Bournemouth are currently the only game in town, West Ham might be interested but he’s well down their list.

Not heard any evidence that Alex “Doesn’t want to be here” quite the reverse in fact. I think if no one meets £25M, we keep him. If we DID get promoted next year, everything changes. If we don’t but Alex has another year like last year his value would rise (better PL teams interested) which would offset some on the ‘last year of contract’ loss. Time we stopped selling our best players for less than what we felt they were worth. 

we decided to get the Dhedhou ‘value on the pitch’ (although FD didn’t deliver it), I would prefer we do the same again unless someone makes a serious bid. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hold out. 

Transfer market barely waking up from its winter hiatus and people are panicking. 

18 million isn't a figure that many of us will feel is acceptable to let him leave for. 

I'm not sure if Alex will be throwing a tantrum if we don't accept a low bid from Bournemouth. He is a mature lad, he knows the deal. I also question whether he would ideally want to return to Bournemouth. Of course they can offer him premier league football which will be attractive to him but he didn't have a good experience there before. 

If we don't get what we want then he plays for us and we see how things are in January. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UpTheReds said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-alex-scott-bournemouth-8596558

Wolves bid for him before Bournemouth did according to BristolPost.

Further evidence that the club want this to be out in the open. Imagine they asked for Piercy to sit on the wolves bid News until another club bid, then release it all together to help trigger the bidding war 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

Scott has not said he wants to leave.Pearson has also said we are not a selling club anymore.If a club meets our valuation I would want that up front and any add ons extra.

Scott will clearly be willing to join Bournemouth as they've submitted a bid, they wouldn't bother if he'd indicated he wouldn't go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Not heard any evidence that Alex “Doesn’t want to be here” quite the reverse in fact. I think if no one meets £25M, we keep him. If we DID get promoted next year, everything changes. If we don’t but Alex has another year like last year his value would rise (better PL teams interested) which would offset some on the ‘last year of contract’ loss. Time we stopped selling our best players for less than what we felt they were worth. 

we decided to get the Dhedhou ‘value on the pitch’ (although FD didn’t deliver it), I would prefer we do the same again unless someone makes a serious bid. 

Lansdown has confirmed a new contract offer has been on the table for months, and Scott isnt signing it, so thats clearly a hint he is keeping his options open at the very least. We cant be in a position where a prodigy comes through like this and ends up going for nothing/ running the risk of a tribunal setting the fee…. What if inter have told his agent not to sign anything, let his contract run out and they will take him on a free transfer in 2 years! 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Further evidence that the club want this to be out in the open. Imagine they asked for Piercy to sit on the wolves bid News until another club bid, then release it all together to help trigger the bidding war 

Although Crook suggested that there hasn't yet been the interest hoped for.

Scott is a very special talent but PL clubs can and do cast their net far and wide. If it's true that FFP is starting to be enforced more strictly in the PL then that could be a consideration for some.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Lansdown has confirmed a new contract offer has been on the table for months, and Scott isnt signing it, so thats clearly a hint he is keeping his options open at the very least. We cant be in a position where a prodigy comes through like this and ends up going for nothing/ running the risk of a tribunal setting the fee…. What if inter have told his agent not to sign anything, let his contract run out and they will take him on a free transfer in 2 years! 

Indeed, 18 months for Inter because European clubs can start chatting to players in the final 6 months of their deal..so January 2025!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Bristol Post = Taking stories from OTIB

Mehmetti will be his replacement

Post has been alot better since gregor mcgregor left, Piercy seems to get on better with the club and has generally been  reliable, it's just a shame he works for the post