IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

35 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I find it amazing that one of these clubs doesn’t say, ‘here’s £25m. Thanks.’ And get it done - especially if you think he’s that good you are bidding £18-20m for him in the first place. 
To me, it’s a no brainer. Class player: great attitude, works hard, versatile, skilful, good passer, holds the ball, 19yo. Every signing is a gamble, but some signings are less of a gamble than others. 

Because the 25 million isn't a set price. It was always "we would want 25 million +" 

25 million gets a club a seat at the table. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I can see why Alex would love to play for Spurs as the team he supports but that would really be a bad move for him as he may not get the game time he needs to develop.

All the talk about Wolves and Bournemouth is interesting, but I still think that West Ham will come in with a late offer with the money from selling Declan Rice burning a hole in their pocket.

For Alex himself at his age, money should not be his main concern.  He needs to go somewhere he is likely to get game time or stay put for another year and continue his development here.

Of course money is his main concern.  Like any footballer despite his age he could get a career ending injury tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I can see why Alex would love to play for Spurs as the team he supports but that would really be a bad move for him as he may not get the game time he needs to develop.

All the talk about Wolves and Bournemouth is interesting, but I still think that West Ham will come in with a late offer with the money from selling Declan Rice burning a hole in their pocket.

For Alex himself at his age, money should not be his main concern.  He needs to go somewhere he is likely to get game time or stay put for another year and continue his development here.

I agree ref Spurs, in respect to West Ham, they seem to have Zakaria and Ward-Prowse high on their wish list.

Also they are very keen on Maguire which if they pull off will be a big move on wages.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Does it actually say a second bid has been put in and rejected? ?

It doesn’t to me!

I can happily read that either way, in fact I read it as if he’s talking about the £18m rejected bid and this meant a package of just over £20m.

Subtly worded imho.

I’ve asked him to clarify, I doubt he’ll reply though.

I can see Bournemouth matching our asking price first…..will then force Wolves’ hand to match/improve on it 

Will be an interesting week coming up me thinks….

Having said that…..just seen Percy’s latest update!!!!

Edited by Loosey Boy

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I can see Bournemouth matching our asking price first…..will then force Wolves’ hand to match/improve on it 

Will be an interesting week coming up me thinks….

Having said that…..just seen Percy’s latest update!!!!

Bournemouth have just reportedly paid 20m (not sure if pounds or euros) for a left back and made him their top earner, they also paid a big fee for Faivre just to send him out on loan to Lorient, that's a lot of fees already so curious how much more they'd have in the bank for this summer. I think Wolves are driving seat.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've gotta say it seems inevitable that he'll go at some point, maybe this summer things can also change just like that.

However occasionally browsed his Twitter. Doesn't seem like any great clues that he is unhappy, agitating or anything. Liking lots of club related stuff, nothing out of the ordinary etc.

I should of added to my post that the way he has behaved ( from the outside) is commendable.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've gotta say it seems inevitable that he'll go at some point, maybe this summer things can also change just like that.

However occasionally browsed his Twitter. Doesn't seem like any great clues that he is unhappy, agitating or anything. Liking lots of club related stuff, nothing out of the ordinary etc.

Everything we see and hear from outside indicates he's a model pro. Another thing in our favour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

I should of added to my post that the way he has behaved ( from the outside) is commendable.

Spot on.

(From what we can see anyway) he is handling it impeccably. A potential bidding war for your services and all of the media social media noise..so far so excellent by him tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He doesn't really need to agitate because he's openly 'for sale' and bids are still incoming.

If a £23.5m bid is rejected and then he has to stay here because the interest dries up, it might then get in his head (certainly his agents).

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

His Instagram yesterday was him and Tommy sat on the sofa in their apartment with Andy King’s little daughter sat between them.  Pretty grounded I reckon (and TC too).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mozo said:

He doesn't really need to agitate because he's openly 'for sale' and bids are still incoming.

If a £23.5m bid is rejected and then he has to stay here because the interest dries up, it might then get in his head (certainly his agents).

If a £23.5m bid is rejected because it doesn’t quite equal our £25m price tag, their interest won’t dry up. They’ll find the extra £1.5m. Imo. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If a £23.5m bid is rejected because it doesn’t quite equal our £25m price tag, their interest won’t dry up. They’ll find the extra £1.5m. Imo. 

Yeah, it's just a hypothetical to illustrate that Scott has no need to agitate atm

It's been alluded to by a few on here, how well City have done. 

Also a couple of mentions about how Scott could agitate.

Such is the confidence I have in the club in their business dealings now that the only Ego to rival Ronaldo has disappeared off to Ipswich, that I think they will have conducted proper talks with Alex and his agent. 

We've demonstrated that we won't stand in players' way, so I can imagine that those talks have taken place - eg. "AS, we all agree your value is 'x', we assure you that we won't stand in your way, and if its not met, we'll continue to do out best by you, the fans love you, we've got the HPC bla bla bla."

And so hopefully that will negate any danger of agitating for a move, as all parties will be on the same page. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well Wolves have a Spanish manager and he’s posted this tonight. Angling for a move I tell you.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As long as Scott is happy with that situation, we can hold out for £25M+ and good on him if that's the case.

It’s about keeping the agent happy as well. I’d assume club and Alex’s team have agreed on a value for him that would allow him to leave. If we were to hold further then that I’d imagine they would get dicey. 

Agent fees for the prem would be extremely high compared to a championship move. Remeber the Sunderland documentary and how Josh Majas agent handled it. Don’t think Alex’s agent is like that but it’s always something to keep in mind.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1