IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, daored said:

Brighton with a late bid:

Chelsea will this week make an improved bid of more than £70m for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo, with the 21-year-old Ecuador international having already agreed personal terms with the Blues. (Standard)

I never understand how this is allowed to happen.  I thought you couldn't talk to a player until a bid had been accepted - surely that should apply to their agents/representatives too?

5 minutes ago, cheese said:

I never understand how this is allowed to happen.  I thought you couldn't talk to a player until a bid had been accepted - surely that should apply to their agents/representatives too?

I think this might have already been discussed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, daored said:

Brighton with a late bid:

Chelsea will this week make an improved bid of more than £70m for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo, with the 21-year-old Ecuador international having already agreed personal terms with the Blues. (Standard)

One that could have legs if Caicedo leaves, I wonder if Khadra could be part of a deal???

33 minutes ago, cheese said:

They’re only technically allowed to speak to the player with Brighton’s permission. In this case, I imagine that there may have been a gentleman’s agreement as part of the new deal signed earlier this year

28 minutes ago, Selred said:

60 games, 4 goals and released 2 years before his contract ended. Not great for Palace!

Slightly misleading...

66 appearances over 2 seasons before Palace went into administration. He mutually terminated the remainder of his contract as they couldn't afford his wages.

One more West Ham thing, surely can't be right.

Suggestions that they might be struggling with FFP but that doesn't account for Aston Villa or even arguably Bournemouth. Maybe it's UEFA not PL FFP if the snippet is to be believed but they've just sold Rice for £100m, pure profit??

Pertinent about that to us is that The Athletic says no approach by them for Alex Scott.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more West Ham thing, surely can't be right.

Suggestions that they might be struggling with FFP but that doesn't account for Aston Villa or even arguably Bournemouth. Maybe it's UEFA not PL FFP if the snippet is to be believed but they've just sold Rice for £100m, pure profit??

Pertinent par to that to us is that The Athletic says no approach by them for Alex Scott.

Weren't they on the UEFA watch list last season? Any breach would be historic so the Rice sale wouldn't come into it presumably.

• Thanks 1

From todays Times - nothing particularly new but haven’t seen them report on it before and the bit about compromising caught my eye:

‘Wolverhampton Wanderers are hopeful of reaching a compromise with Bristol City over Alex Scott after having a second bid rejected. Julen Lopetegui, the Wolves head coach, is keen to add the 19-year-old midfielder to his squad, but so far the club have had bids of £18 million and £20 million rejected by the Sky Bet Championship side.

Bristol City value the teenager, who was named Championship Young Player of the Year last season, at about £25 million, but it is understood that Wolves are confident a compromise can be reached. They are also in talks with Borussia Mönchengladbach over the centre back, Nico Elvedi. The 26-year-old can also play at right back, so would replace Nathan Collins, who joined Brentford for £23 million this summer.’

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lenred said:

From todays Times - nothing particularly new but haven’t seen them report on it before and the bit about compromising caught my eye:

‘Wolverhampton Wanderers are hopeful of reaching a compromise with Bristol City over Alex Scott after having a second bid rejected. Julen Lopetegui, the Wolves head coach, is keen to add the 19-year-old midfielder to his squad, but so far the club have had bids of £18 million and £20 million rejected by the Sky Bet Championship side.

Bristol City value the teenager, who was named Championship Young Player of the Year last season, at about £25 million, but it is understood that Wolves are confident a compromise can be reached. They are also in talks with Borussia Mönchengladbach over the centre back, Nico Elvedi. The 26-year-old can also play at right back, so would replace Nathan Collins, who joined Brentford for £23 million this summer.’

We can compromise at £25M.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We can compromise at £25M.

That's the starting point, you've forgot the 25% sell on clause

the 3 million for reaching 40 appearances the 10 million for 1 International cap

5 million for qualifying for Europe 

? too much football manager 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's the starting point, you've forgot the 25% sell on clause

the 3 million for reaching 40 appearances the 10 million for 1 International cap

5 million for qualifying for Europe 

? too much football manager 

As you know from my earlier comments I agree it's the start point. I suspect a 20% sell on is more realistic. Other payments to be negotiated.