IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

4 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Perhaps he will end up at AC Milan. What!?

Or to the MLS at DC United.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

or DC United...... 

Just now, downendcity said:

Or to the MLS at DC United.

Snap!

It feels unlikely play-off wise. We're still a bit limited financially but it's not been a window so far with loads of cash flowing through the League and actually a bit less across a lot of clubs in Europe and a fair few in top flight here.

I digress, it feels unlikely but something to be said for stability and some levels of improvement- that can itself yield some tangible gains.

34 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Nah - can't see the electrical connection there Lew. :)

Ffs…. he’s wired in and generating his own posts electric posts now.

I got it Lew, even if it bypassed others. ‘Ffs’ is the sound made by a short-circuit. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Ffs…. he’s wired in and generating his own posts electric posts now.

I got it Lew, even if it bypassed others. ‘Ffs’ is the sound made by a short-circuit. 

I’m glad we’re all bonding.

• Haha 1

I love the fact that we're not just rolling over and letting the Premier League pennies wash over us. 

For the right price we sell, that's not in doubt, I think we're all realistic about that, but the "sale on our terms approach" is refreshing, and a sign of our improving overall health, both financially and structurally. 

I also genuinely wonder about Alex's attitude to the interest from Bournemouth & Wolves and where he's set his sights personally.  I'm not being naive here as both would obviously be a step up the ladder, but if he was agitating for a move, regardless of destination, as long it was higher up the chain, then I think it may have expedited the process, which doesn't appear to have been the case.  I'm not saying he's particularly loyal to us, or doesn't want to move, of course he wants to progress, but he appears to be pretty sensible in his approach to his almost inevitable rise to the top end of the game. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 3

Totally agree, proud of how we are handling this. A bid in January though no clue how much and the £15m, £18m and £22m..3 this summer and 1 in January.

Location wise I think he'll be quite happy at either in some regards but a big :clap:for SL, Alexander, NP and I an sure Gould would have rejected in January unless it was huge too.

Bit impressed in the context of e.g. Leeds, who aren't necessarily under pressure to sell seemingly buckling to Everton for Gnonto for £19m as per some reports...despite his contract being until 2027.

Playing him in friendlies despite all of the speculation is another sign that we won't be bounced into an undesirable deal any time soon.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Was browsing the Wolves forum Transfer thread again looking for stuff about Scott..some of them still seem to think FFP is about net spend. Been around over a decade, they were saying thay because they have raised £80 odd million in fees they can spend not far off that.

:grr:

By profit it doesn't mean a net spend profit but they clearly require a profit of £x on disposal of players.

• Like 1

On a general Wolves note, did make me chuckle on Twitter a host of their fans seemed to be thinking that Scott would be wearing this seasons shirt which seems to have been out today.

Little arrogant I feel given that as far as we know, a bid has not been accepted yet and he remains our player for now.

It's quite arrogant on their part so I'm glad that's burst their bubble even if only temporarily.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On a general Wolves note, did make me chuckle on Twitter a host of their fans seemed to be thinking that Scott would be wearing this seasons shirt which seems to have been out today.

Little arrogant I feel given that as far as we know, a bid has not been accepted yet and he remains our player for now.

It's quite arrogant on their part so I'm glad that's burst their bubble even if only temporarily.

I've never liked Wolves for the simple fact their colours remind me of baby poo. It's just a horrid colour, just like the City of Wolverhampton really. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've never liked Wolves for the simple fact their colours remind me of baby poo. It's just a horrid colour, just like the City of Wolverhampton really. 

I don't think I've ever had the ahem pleasure of going to the city of Wolverhampton! Not sure it'll be on my bucket list, if it ever was.

Perhaps the Wolves shirt stuff irritated me more than it should Idk but it did irritate.

9 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

I love the fact that we're not just rolling over and letting the Premier League pennies wash over us. 

For the right price we sell, that's not in doubt, I think we're all realistic about that, but the "sale on our terms approach" is refreshing, and a sign of our improving overall health, both financially and structurally. 

I also genuinely wonder about Alex's attitude to the interest from Bournemouth & Wolves and where he's set his sights personally.  I'm not being naive here as both would obviously be a step up the ladder, but if he was agitating for a move, regardless of destination, as long it was higher up the chain, then I think it may have expedited the process, which doesn't appear to have been the case.  I'm not saying he's particularly loyal to us, or doesn't want to move, of course he wants to progress, but he appears to be pretty sensible in his approach to his almost inevitable rise to the top end of the game. 

I suspect he feels he’s in a win win. He seems content here in his flat with Tommy. He is responding well to the coaches and developing brilliantly. He may think “lower Prem team now or mid to upper one next year when I’m still not yet 21”. He might be genuinely content with things either way. Another season of being a big fish in the Championship pond, wouldn’t be so bad. 

• Like 3

If we kept Alex until Jan / next summer and he added goals to his natural skills what would he be worth then. 

Sure the coaches will be pushing this side of his game strongly in the run up to this season.

Been a bit disappointing in this area so far considering his amazing natural fluency and creativity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soultrader said:

I thought it best to go straight to the main man.

Ive emailed SL and said

Enough is enough, this forum post is going on forever.  We discussed everything, we're onto fish and electric puns now for heavens hake

Could you let minnow when this deal is o-fish-ail

??