IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think Luton are going to surprise alot of people,

I also think Sheffield United will be OK this season, but both will be in the mix for going down,

? .. We'll see

49 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Sheff Utd and Luton absolute certainties to go down for me, if you fancy Luton to stay up you can get decent odds 

That surprises me

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think Luton are going to surprise alot of people,I also think Sheffield United will be OK this season, but both will be in the mix for going down,I also wish Chelsea is down there too, as that for be funny as but they won't 

My god you're good 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Wolves currently looking a bit of a basket case. Must be in the mix for relegation.

Youd think so from the outside. But they have some decent players still and, crucially, they have a very good manager so - as long as he can stick it out - I suspect they will be ok. Everton looking far worse I think, Luton will need a miracle and Sheff Utd I just don't think are very good. 

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Sheff Utd and Luton absolute certainties to go down for me, if you fancy Luton to stay up you can get decent odds 

Normally I would agree, but the mess at wolves and Everton in terms of ffp is going to have a massive effect on them,

Everton only just avoided a points deduction and could well face one this year

Scott and Wolves, FFP.

Done a bit more reading (got a free Express and Star account as some of their articles hidden).

One line I've seen, 2 + 2=5 maybe is that there is or was an internal miscommunication and the football side are putting in bids that the fiancee side are concerned about due to concerns over FFP.

Regarding Scott, the scenario seems to be that even if the £20m bid had been accepted, the Finance Department at Wolves would have intervened to prevent FFP issues.

8 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

Youd think so from the outside. But they have some decent players still and, crucially, they have a very good manager so - as long as he can stick it out - I suspect they will be ok. Everton looking far worse I think, Luton will need a miracle and Sheff Utd I just don't think are very good. 

Sheffield Utd deffo ( can’t believe they went up every time I watched them I struggled to see how they were top six never mind top 2 , thought we battered them at the gate ) 

Everton bit like Southampton you can’t keep flirting with relegation it gets you in the end , having Dyche as there manager is the only hope they have ( ffp) could be the final nail in there coffin 

Bournemouth for me 

Luton’s home form will be critical for there safety 

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

This thread is now like the BBC test cricket feed when rain has stopped play...

I think that's possibly a good metaphor for our entire transfer business. My guess is that the plan is still to bring one or two players in even if Scott stays but, until we know one way or another, the club won't know the budget in order to decide which targets to pursue. 

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

134 pages (so far) based on nothing but a few click bait tweets that so many took as gospel

Was actually built on an interesting Athletic article back in March and has slowly built momentum since then. Probably a few tweets amongst the pages but nothing that most weren't already aware of as the story is out there in the public domain.

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

134 pages (so far) based on nothing but a few click bait tweets that so many took as gospel

At the moment it looks like we're headed to a scenario on Saturday week where the three longest threads in Transfer Forum history:

One is about a player we thought we were about to sign on loan - twice - but we never actually did

One is about a player we thought we were going to sign, then we thought we had signed, but it turned out we hadn't.

And one is about a player we thought we were going to sell, but then found he was still playing for us.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Was actually built on an interesting Athletic article back in March and has slowly built momentum since then. Probably a few tweets amongst the pages but nothing that most weren't already aware of as the story is out there in the public domain.

Look for their source......

Agree that it wasn't based on anything that wasn't obvious, but incredible so much has been written when very little has actually happened

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I read something recently in which it suggested that Sky was behind the creation of the transfer window.

The reason was that without it there would be little for Sky's footy channel to talk about through the summer!

Don't know how much truth there is to that, but given the length of this thread you can see a logic if it was the case.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I read something recently in which it suggested that Sky was behind the creation of the transfer window.

The reason was that without it there would be little for Sky's footy channel to talk about through the summer!

Don't know how much truth there is to that, but given the length of this thread you can see a logic if it was the case.

Absolutely zero truth in it,

Why would sky be interested in brazils transfer window?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Look for their source......

Agree that it wasn't based on anything that wasn't obvious, but incredible so much has been written when very little has actually happened

“Very little had actually happened”…

Bristol City have rejected three big bids this summer, one of which was over £20 million. In the life of Bristol City, that is almost certainly a first. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, James54De said:

Bristol City have rejected three big bids this summer, one of which was over £20 million. In the life of Bristol City, that is almost certainly a first. 

Thete were fake John Percy accounts and a fake Fabrizio Romano but I have little reason to doubt that there were bids and that they were rejected.

There were also reports, although I dunno how true of one rejected bid in January?

• Admin
22 minutes ago, James54De said:

That isn't much, they never met our valuation so didn't get anywhere, the discussion was over in seconds - hardly warrants 135 pages of discussion

Just a shame so many have ran click bait stories on the back of it

• Confused 1