IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Is Knight a flair player? He looks to me more like a hard running number 8?

Thoroughly looking forward to enjoying Scott until at least January ?

No, that’s the point I was trying to make….badly. Knight has a decent all-round game, but he isn’t a flair player per se…nor do I think that’s what we will bring in either.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, that’s the point I was trying to make….badly. Knight has a decent all-round game, but he isn’t a flair player per se…nor do I think that’s what we will bring in either.

Oh gotcha! Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Your right, it’s time to start talking about pigeons on the pitch and buses driving past the ground 

As Socrates said

“True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing”

Probably more apposite for this thread are the words of the American philosopher, Rumsfeld, who said:

" There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know that we don't know."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For us, it's the same as Barcelona bringing in a replacement for Messi - there isn't one.

• Like 1

Personal opinion, not from any source. If we don't get an attractive offer by the end of the window, he will get a good pay rise as a thank you for "not being a dick about it all" but the contract length will not change greatly and there will be a buyout clause of approximately 20% below our current asking price. 

I know some are saying that if we are doing well in January he might want to stay more, but the truth is that even with promotion, we are unlikely to start paying £40k/50k+ to players and that's the starting point for players of his calibre at that level.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Personal opinion, not from any source. If we don't get an attractive offer by the end of the window, he will get a good pay rise as a thank you for "not being a dick about it all" but the contract length will not change greatly and there will be a buyout clause of approximately 20% below our current asking price. 

I know some are saying that if we are doing well in January he might want to stay more, but the truth is that even with promotion, we are unlikely to start paying £40k/50k+ to players and that's the starting point for players of his calibre at that level.

I would hope that any revised contract would lead to an extended term, even if only for 12 months. There’s got to be a benefit to City with this too.

I would also hope that any buy out clause would be at the current £25m level…..

Having said all this, still expect him to have left by 1st September…..

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Probably more apposite for this thread are the words of the American philosopher, Rumsfeld, who said:

There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know that we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld was my boss Becki the day. 

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

To be is to do - Socrates 

To do is to be - Plato

Do be do be do - Sinatra 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I would hope that any revised contract would lead to an extended term, even if only for 12 months. There’s got to be a benefit to City with this too.

I would also hope that any buy out clause would be at the current £25m level…..

Having said all this, still expect him to have left by 1st September…..

From what I’ve heard I don’t think there is a chance he’ll sign any new contract.

Perfect world it would be for him to sign a new 3/4 year deal on 10-15k as he’s proven to be a top earner at the club, but with a non-promotion release clause of his current value of £25mill (he will be worth more than that in a years time, especially if he got us promoted) and inserted a 25-30% sell on clause.

we get him for at least another season unless a club pays well over the odds for him now. He either gets us promoted or we still are covered financially in the likeliness we don’t and he gets his move to the prem. win win

• Like 1