IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Tbh was very disappointed as you obviously were , but to have a pop at young Knight on his debut in a poor performance is unfair, Joe Williams did ok when he came on and the midfield was laboured but i thought Knight was the pick of them , and worked hard to try and make something happen, ffs  give the guy a chance 

Any wonder why players play with the lack of confidence at Ashton gate your right he tried to make things happen and work his balls off.. Didn't people notice it's another team that come and frustrated us. We could be Leeds 2-0 down at home it's the championship we won't get what we want all the time.

• Like 5

I try to be optimistic when it comes to the new season. But I have to say, without AS, our midfield is such a clear point of weakness. One of the biggest problems yesterday was there was nothing linking our defense and attack. 

Felt like we didn’t have a midfield most of the first half. Matty James is a very good sit deep control the game player, but in a “high energy/high pressing” team? Not at all. 

Against different opposition I think Knight has the potentially to be very good, seems to always want the ball and likes to win it back high up the pitch. 

But apart from that I don’t see many things that could be considered above average from our midfield. (Excluding Naismith) 

Not one to write off a season usually, but if we sell AS and don’t bring in someone with some attacking creativity I don’t see us making any substantial movement up the table come the end of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Rs said:

I try to be optimistic when it comes to the new season. But I have to say, without AS, our midfield is such a clear point of weakness. One of the biggest problems yesterday was there was nothing linking our defense and attack. 

Felt like we didn’t have a midfield most of the first half. Matty James is a very good sit deep control the game player, but in a “high energy/high pressing” team? Not at all. 

Against different opposition I think Knight has the potentially to be very good, seems to always want the ball and likes to win it back high up the pitch. 

But apart from that I don’t see many things that could be considered above average from our midfield. (Excluding Naismith) 

Not one to write off a season usually, but if we sell AS and don’t bring in someone with some attacking creativity I don’t see us making any substantial movement up the table come the end of the season.

Yes, whether mehmeti can come in and take that role i don’t know, if weimann is out for any period of time, we have limited options, such a shame in lots of ways whats happened to benarous!

3 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Bournemouth press reporting that they will sign some new players this week - sense this could be the week where AS future is known - let’s hope he’s in our midfield at Millwall on Saturday ?

Bournemouth!!!! Can't get my head around that....we are a bigger club than that little seaside outfit....if he goes just another backward step in our dreams. But then again why does that not surprise me, we have been conned again into thinking we are getting somewhere at last, typical BCFC. 

N.A.A.F.I

(No Ambition and **** All Interest)

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Bournemouth!!!! Can't get my head around that....we are a bigger club than that little seaside outfit....if he goes just another backward step in our dreams. But then again why does that not surprise me, we have been conned again into thinking we are getting somewhere at last, typical BCFC. 

N.A.A.F.I

Kind of irrelevant in a sense.

PL status and cash rather trumps historic size, fanbase etc. Bournemouth gazumped Lazio to a left back in July and it's fair to say Lazio are bigger than us and could offer CL football.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Kind of irrelevant in a sense.

PL status and cash rather trumps historic size, fanbase etc. Bournemouth gazumped Lazio to a left back in July and it's fair to say Lazio are bigger than us and could offer CL football.

No it doesn't....they are a smaller club than us, take off your bean counter glasses and look into the history books. ?.

They were a poxy club when I lived in Bournemouth and they are still a poxy little club except they have a few quid, doesn't change a thing.

25 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

No it doesn't....they are a smaller club than us, take off your bean counter glasses and look into the history books. ?.

They were a poxy club when I lived in Bournemouth and they are still a poxy little club except they have a few quid, doesn't change a thing.

We might be a bigger club in terms of catchment and previous history (up to the last few years and then nothing much to shout about) but that’s about it to be fair.

They’re in the the FPL and we’re not.

We’re just coming out the other side of having to sort FFP stuff so why bring no ambition into it or FA interest unless the last bit is about you ?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Street red said:

Any wonder why players play with the lack of confidence at Ashton gate your right he tried to make things happen and work his balls off.. Didn't people notice it's another team that come and frustrated us. We could be Leeds 2-0 down at home it's the championship we won't get what we want all the time.

They didn’t come and frustrate us at all. They were the better side overall and we were fortunate to get a point. I think the issue really is our fans overhyping someone based on pre season, more unfair to put pressure on. It is perfectly acceptable to feel underwhelmed by new signings. Dickie for example was excellent. 

3 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

N.A.A.F.I

Nostalgia is lovely isn’t it? Sadly, in the last ten years they’ve spent almost as much time in the top tier as we have in our history. And we were last there 43 years ago. Their achievements make them a bigger club than us right now, despite what happened in my youth.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Nostalgia is lovely isn’t it? Sadly, in the last ten years they’ve spent almost as much time in the top tier as we have in our history. And we were last there 43 years ago. Their achievements make them a bigger club than us right now, despite what happened in my youth.

Better team, no way a bigger club !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

They didn’t come and frustrate us at all. They were the better side overall and we were fortunate to get a point. I think the issue really is our fans overhyping someone based on pre season, more unfair to put pressure on. It is perfectly acceptable to feel underwhelmed by new signings. Dickie for example was excellent. 

Thought Preston were the better side but our tactics played into their hands at times too.

*Hitting it long at times vs a back 3 of big centre backs.

*Losing the midfield often. Again credit to Preston tactically too.

*Conceding chances on the break when a goal up was a slightly worrying one. Got to control, perhaps even counter the counter better.

Returning absentees and one especially if he stays will help but conceding some chances on the break when a goal up, isnt brilliant.

Happened at last 3 times after we scored, the third resulting in their equaliser. 03:10 in the Bristol City highlights. Long pass, headed away by one of their players and away they go!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

On 03/08/2023 at 18:11, Dolman_Stand said:

Bournemouth have reached a deal to sign Castrovalli from Fiorentina, after a quick google search he is a midfielder player in a similar mould to Scott so it looks though they have moved on??

Failed a medical apparently.

8 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Dickie has been a Championship regular for several seasons and is much older. Knight is not only adapting to new team mates, he has been playing at League 1 level for the last season and at 21 it can take a little longer to find your feet, as we found with Mehmeti last season. Just because we paid a reasonable fee doesn't mean we were not buying potential, rather than the finished product.

11 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Sorry, did you lift this from Derby forum when we signed Knight and just changed the club name?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

A sign he needs glasses!

That screen shot proves point. It use to say Bristol city next to the adidas link. And the little circle photo of the England team used to be after a Bristol city team photo.  That’s what ‘highlights’ are on insta.

editors note:  that’s the son’s typing.  I still have no idea, and like poster above says, this could mean anything or nothing… most probs nothing

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, what effing difference does being a “historically” “bigger” club make.

They might well’ve been a poxy club, they might well have used Russian money…but they are in the PL, we aren’t.  They have been 7 of the last 9 seasons too!!!

Nostalgia, it ain’t what it used to be! ??‍♂️

Put your pie charts and stats away Dave and study real football history. 

We are some away ahead of them ...just look at the size of the ground catchment tradition, I could go on but I guess you will prove me wrong with some irrelevant stat.

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Dickie has been a Championship regular for several seasons and is much older. Knight is not only adapting to new team mates, he has been playing at League 1 level for the last season and at 21 it can take a little longer to find your feet, as we found with Mehmeti last season. Just because we paid a reasonable fee doesn't mean we were not buying potential, rather than the finished product.

Sorry, did you lift this from Derby forum when we signed Knight and just changed the club name?

I am not the bit interested in their forum, why are you?

2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Put your pie charts and stats away Dave and study real football history. 

We are some away ahead of them ...just look at the size of the ground catchment tradition, I could go on but I guess you will prove me wrong with some irrelevant stat.

History!!!!!

What the flying **** has history got to do with the CURRENT situation of why a championship player at Bristol City might want to go to PL Bournemouth.

And why would studying football history have any bearing?  I’m well versed in football history thanks. I’ll dust off my Hugh McIlvanney on Football annuals shall I????

Jeeeeeez. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Do you reeally think he wants the move there? I don't, what more unappealing club is there, apart from Luton, Shef U and yes Brentford. 

An exciting manager.

Easy to get home to Guernsey.

Will get game time in the Premier League. 

Performs well there, then can be looking at the next size club up.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

History!!!!!

What the flying **** has history got to do with the CURRENT situation of why a championship player at Bristol City might want to go to PL Bournemouth.

And why would studying football history have any bearing?  I’m well versed in football history thanks. I’ll dust off my Hugh McIlvanney on Football annuals shall I????

Jeeeeeez. 

While you're about it ,dig out your Hugh Mcillmoyle as well .?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2