IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It was dire! One effort from Bell which should have been a goal, but aside from that countless misplaced passes, no atmosphere. Honestly in the context of pre season optimism as a fan base it couldn’t have been worse. Let’s hope we see a few players back soon and Scott plays at Millwall. 

Speaking of Millwall Saturday was so much worse than the last time we played them on the first game of the season.

2010, Crowd up for it and, well you know the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

“Reportedly”….by whom?

I haven’t seen anything other than this?

Thought we’d have heard a lot more of this reported accepted bid last week if so?

Wasn't the story last week that Bournemouth were 'now leading the race' and were likely to come to an agreement with us?

I think KITR was suggesting that there had been talks with Bournemouth all last week.

But, yes, you're right that there has never been a story suggesting a fee had been agreed.

I'm still waiting for Wolves to make that third successful bid that they were allegedly preparing a month ago!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnr1986 said:

Couldn’t argue more about Chair, Wilock from them is decent too. 

For what it’s worth, I know a lot of QPR fans and they strongly believe any decent offer for Chair would have to be accepted. They are not in a good position overall. Incredible when you consider their start under Beale last season. Many were saying top two! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Ugh! I used to hate people like that. It only took about half a dozen of those papers with all their supplements to fill my bag when I did a Sunday Morning paper round! The same round that you did in 30 minutes of an evening, would be 2 hours and 3 trips and a neck The Thing! :)

I used to hate the Sunday morning rounders. They used to get paid nearly as much as me for my 6 day morning round. And I had by far the most magazines to deliver out of my shop (Dillons, North St, near the Hen & Chicken) on top for nothing extra. Not that I'm still bitter 40 years on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm I right in thinking they were down to 10 men as well. Good Times ?

Correct, after 60 mins but we were 3.0 down already. I believe Damion Stewart also saw red for us towards the end, another debutant. The Ipswich 0.3 the following year was worse! Chopra robbed James at his feet I recall to score! Our opening day performances are genuinely poor, one of the best was a 2.0 win at Wrexham with Alan Miller in goal! Danny’s first game, seem to recall a Thorpe hat trick  at Sixfields too! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

McIllmoyle, one of the best headers of a ball I've seen. The impact he had on City supporters of a certain age (like me) was remarkable given he was here for such a short time playing just 20 league games and scoring 4 goals. 

Yep. I remember him well, absolutely the best header of a ball I've ever seen.

He has a statue at Carlisle, legend up there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Correct, after 60 mins but we were 3.0 down already. I believe Damion Stewart also saw red for us towards the end, another debutant. The Ipswich 0.3 the following year was worse! Chopra robbed James at his feet I recall to score! Our opening day performances are genuinely poor, one of the best was a 2.0 win at Wrexham with Alan Miller in goal! Danny’s first game, seem to recall a Thorpe hat trick  at Sixfields too! 

Oh yes remember the 3/0 at Northampton,those were the days.

When we stop bobbing around in mid table for another 5 years and eventually leave this division, those glory days could return.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I remember thinking when he signed that I couldn’t see him conceding a goal,, hed just played in the world cup! That was truly a bristol city day.

He was about 40, was he past his best. One possible downside, indeed we conceded 3 to Barnsley a few weeks later. Unsure who was in goal when we lost 3-2 at troubled Southend in Coppell's final game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous