IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Pertaining to add ons being met, not only does this make Alex our record sale fee. 

He becomes the 9th largest sale by a championship club EVER, 4th largest by a team who weren’t relegated from the PL the season prior. 

Not to shabby for a player no one knew existed 3 years ago. As much as some don’t like us being a selling club, that is the current nature of the championship, and I can say quite comfortably not many teams do it better then us.

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, supercidered said:

I think we just need to forget about this 'promised land' idea.

We are what we are. That is a club looking to be sustainable rather than successful. 

The City Board version of successful is basically being sustainable. The majority of the fans' vision of success is something different.

If you don’t have a goal how do you know when you’ve achieved it? 
Our goal must be to advance the club and that means promotion to the Prem. SL wants this but not at the risk of seeing the club go bust or to go backwards like a Portsmouth, Swindon etc. We all remember the Ashton Gate 8.  I am not sure that his ‘ safety first’ tactics are enough to rise above all the hard nosed crooks who flout the rules but there are worse things than being a mid table established Championship club who occasionally flirts with the play offs or enjoys a cup run.

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Best of luck to him. Such a promising talent.

Roll on the days we can see these players at their peak, rather just catching a glimpse.  

If we get to the premier league we will be "fishing in a different pond" to now, BUT because of that we will still not necessarily be seeing players at their peak.

Simply put the kind of players we would be shopping for in the premier league, if we got there, would be either younger and have room to grow, or older and past their peak.  For the younger players if they have a good season they will be off to A top six premier league side or Europe. Brighton are a case in point here, a brilliant season (well beyond the "premier league survival" we would hope for) and they get picked apart by the big clubs. 

Edited by cityal

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The £25m yes and no, all depends what the add-ons are and how achievable they are.

I can’t see how the club would agree to anything that crazy. Even if it ends up at £23m, fine by me tbh. Either way we will be getting a decent chunk of cash when he inevitably leaves for a load of money in his next move as well. 

Just now, Rocky said:

Lansdown sells the top talent, as usual. 

Hopefully this will be the final one for some while.

It is a bit of a given for Championship clubs to have to sell varied players and in particular those without Parachute Payments.

This one seems not to have been strictly speaking needed for FFP but I hope this and Semenyo were the last two for a while some of the sales also were tied to balancing of financial limits.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I can’t see how the club would agree to anything that crazy. Even if it ends up at £23m, fine by me tbh. Either way we will be getting a decent chunk of cash when he inevitably leaves for a load of money in his next move as well. 

What we seem to know now is £20m guaranteed plus add-ons of up to £5m. We can only now guess and hope that the add-ons are reasonable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully this will be the final one for some while.

It is a bit of a given for Championship clubs to have to sell varied players and in particular those without Parachute Payments.

This one seems not to have been strictly speaking needed for FFP but I hope this and Semenyo were the last two for a while some of the sales also were tied to balancing of financial limits.

Sell Scott means we can keep Conway, bell, and aymon unless silly money comes in,

It also means we can strengthen a bit more as well as secure the club finances for the next 4 or 5 years

• Like 1

• Admin

I now hope that Alex has the most stellar few years at Bournemouth, matching all the add-ons, becoming a full international and going for a £100m fee in 3 years’ time, netting us another £15m. That might mean we don’t have to sell anyone in the Summer of ‘26 ?

• Robin 3

You can't keep a player who no doubt wants and has the talent to play in the Premiership. More so with a contract that means the £25m is optimum.  Given the lack of competition for his signature the Club have done really well and I have little doubt the likes of Brian Tinnion have targets for a goalkeeper, striker (now Conway is injured) and possibly a goal-scoring midfielder. 

Due to the academy prospects and the likes of Pring being able to step into left centre-back very capably (as can Naismith) with Roberts playing full-back then I don't see the need for a centre-back given the relatively short-time before Atkinson comes back.

With all the success in the Academy and no doubt more to come, I'd like to see the best academy prospects given four-year contracts with an additional one-year option. Some won't be a success of course but it makes sense to protect the Club from losing potential future multi million valued players without too much outlay.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

There is only whinging because of the club Alex is going to. 

If he'd just signed for West Ham or Spurs there would be next to no complaints. 

He’s also stated many times he wants to play first team football - he has a great chance of that now at Bournemouth, is an overnight multi millionaire and we get a ton of money to hopefully strengthen the team. Win/win all round. We simply cant hold on to players when the PL boys come sniffing around. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There is only whinging because of the club Alex is going to. 

If he'd just signed for West Ham or Spurs there would be next to no complaints. 

And we accuse other clubs of not giving us respect.....

Bournemouth are a bigger club then us at the moment, much like Bradford we're 30 years ago,

• Like 4