IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

28 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’m a bit perplexed as to all the whinging  on here about him going tbh.  Surely it’s been a given since January, just a case of to whom he was going to - or am I completely missing something!?  

The whining from some is that he's going to Bournemouth which is a bit weird.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There is only whinging because of the club Alex is going to. 

If he'd just signed for West Ham or Spurs there would be next to no complaints. 

To be fair, we are as likely to win the premier league next year as spurs are, and weve won the football league trophy twice in the last 25 years where as they have won bugger all! Nice stadium though.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

To be fair, we are as likely to win the premier league next year as spurs are, and weve won the football league trophy twice in the last 25 years where as they have won bugger all! Nice stadium though.

Spurs are ****** now kane Is leaving

• Like 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I’m fine with the destination as it gives us a better chance of securing a sell-on fee, potentially reducing the need for future sales.

1 minute ago, Kirsikka said:

Well, seems that's that. I didn't think we'd get him from the start as I didn't see us putting down £25m guaranteed, which seemed to be the declared figure, but the price moved down in the end.

Fingers crossed for us both he's as good as you all say in which case he'll be a joy to watch for us but his stint at AFCB will likely be short and we'll both have a big cash boost in a year or two. Also, Callum Wilson and Lewis Cook both made the England team whilst playing in the PL for us. Mings might have as well, if injury hadn't intervened, and then, upon his return, the problem of him not being as good as Ake. So don't discount seeing him play for England as a possibility if he really does step up.

I've spent most of my life watching every player with even minor potential swiped from my club way too early, usually for an absolute pittance. Once upon a time, it was a certain Brett Pitman (what on earth happened there? He was 100% a Championship lever striker at the time). So there's no glorying in your misery from me, I've been there and feel your pain. If nothing else, at least this is good money and will hopefully help you strengthen for the season ahead. And yet, I'm sure most of you will still want to tell me where to go. Can't really argue with that.

At least he's coming to a place where there is a big gap in the midfield resources so he should play a lot. Plus, the manager has said his style will mean he needs to make a lot of subs so, one way or another, he'll likely see a lot of action this season.

Good luck for the season. It's about time your part of the world had a PL team and, if you going up means Southampton stay down, I'm all for it.

You may as well keep your OTIB account for this time next year. If you want Tommy, it’s £20m for a seat at the table!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There is this aspect of course - but there’s also a lot of whining about the lack of ambition from the club for selling him which is what I was referring to.  Just seems very odd - he was never going to Spurs or West Ham or even Brighton - it was always Wolves or Bournemouth as far as I could fathom.    

Edited by lenred

Just now, lenred said:

There is this aspect of course - but there’s also a lot of whining about the lack of ambition from the club for selling him which is what I was referring to.  Just seems very odd - he was never going to Spurs or West Ham or even Brighton - it was always Wolves or Bournemouth as far as I could fathom.    

Yea, I dont get it ether,

Are people really that stupid to think we are in a position to turn down 20 million bids for players when the club are losing upwards of 400k a week?

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think you really struggle to understand the meaning of guaranteed and up front payments. It's really simple. 

20 million up front. 

5 million over a period of time. 

As I’ve posted before, it’s as simple as:

What is the 1) TRANSFER FEE agreed between both clubs?

What / if any any are the 2) ADD-ONS?

What / if any is the 3) SELL-ON terms?

Then as part of that:

What are the 4) PAYMENT TERMS of the 1) TRANSFER FEE.

I have an example earlier in this thread.

As it stands we don’t 1,2,3 or 4!!!

Guaranteed and up-front terms are ambiguous.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think you really struggle to understand the meaning of guaranteed and up front payments. It's really simple. 

20 million up front. 

5 million over a period of time. 

But the £5m isn't guaranteed if the targets aren't met. Saying £5m over a period of time doesn't necessarily mean guaranteed instalments if that £5m is made up of agreed targets like appearances, premier league status etc
Therefore, the only guaranteed sum is the £20m, and even then, there's a chance we've agreed to accept that in guaranteed instalments.

Edited by Philly The Kid
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I think the two are linked though. Because it's Bournemouth it furthers the "lack of ambition" argument. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

All over Sky Sports News now

20 million plus 5 million in add on,s

It was always going to happen and let’s be honest that’s a shit load of money  

Would love to see NP be given 5 million

to bring in a top striker but doubtful ??‍♂️?

That’ll be Mark McAdam driving that narrative…which of course might be the truth.  I don’t know.  Very few will.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Then as part of that:

And there’s fans who probably think that once the deal goes through, we wake up tomorrow with £20m extra in the bank all in one go

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

All over Sky Sports News now

20 million plus 5 million in add on,s

It was always going to happen and let’s be honest that’s a shit load of money  

Would love to see NP be given 5 million

to bring in a top striker but doubtful ??‍♂️?

If you pay £5mil for a striker, they'll likely have salary expectations way beyond anything the club could afford. 

And with a number of senior players having been offered reduced terms to extend their stay in BS3, it might be a challenge keeping them on side if 'the new bloke' is earning 2 or 3 times what they're getting. 

• Like 1

AFCB Fans  · 

Follow
  · 

☀️ What a beautiful day!!!
? Bournemouth are set to sign midfielder Alex Scott from Bristol City. Alex Scott will have a medical & agree deal in excess of £20m.
It's finally happening, what a transfer window, wow, just need a striker. …
See more
May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text

All reactions:

78 comments
13 shares

Comment

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think the two are linked though. Because it's Bournemouth it furthers the "lack of ambition" argument. 

I’d have to disagree.   Him going to a lower level club provides more scope for a bigger move in the future - as long as his trajectory continues of course.  Who he goes to is neither here nor there to us financially.  It’s about what we can get in the future.   City Vs Bournemouth in terms of ambition and progress and club size is a a completely different argument - or should be imho. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And there’s fans who probably think that once the deal goes through, we wake up tomorrow with £20m extra in the bank all in one go

To be fair (whilst I appreciate it’s unlikely) some have speculated that it’s 20m up front. That would mean straight in the bank if true, wouldn’t it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

If, in a moment of madness, Lansdown had let Alex go for nothing, would the fans have allowed him to get away scot-free?

Exactly, its the fickle nature of football fans. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Huge negativity because we are making so much money from a free obscure signing from Guernsey that came into our academy and made massive contributions on the pitch and fans are fuming.

If we'd let him get into Massengo territory there would be outrage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No one will think that.

It's a fact that all transfer fees are submitted by fax and all payments made by cheque..... When did a disgruntled group of supporters ever demand that the Chairman get a standing order in place, or make a BACS transfer? 

So it'll take at least 3 working days to clear, and that's if they send the cheque first class! ?

• Thanks 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Then as part of that:

I’ve heard over the Summer that City had a red line that the first instalment had to be £10m. It wouldn’t then surprise me if the remaining £10m was split into £5m payments in 24 and 25 which would match a FFP reporting period, just for convenience, not to satisfy any criteria.