IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

From Bournemouth's announcement:

"While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported."

Remember when Nigel Pearson was "lying" but actually it turns out if anything he was playing down the injury? ?

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Am I reading too much into the fact it’s Lansdown giving a statement and not Nige/Tinnion/Alexander?

I had a look at when Semenyo left and we didn't give a quote at all so, if there is anything to read into, it's not why the other three did not give a quote but why Lansdown did. To be honest, I'd only really be expecting the manager to quote on new arrivals. Once a player's out the door, it's not really the manager's focus any more. 

An undisclosed record fee? So perhaps not £25m after all then?

I had hoped when the inevitable happened it would be to a big club, not a smaller one in a higher division; but they are and they have the money. 

I guess there is the potential of a further move if he impresses this season and you would think we have a sell on.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I had a look at when Semenyo left and we didn't give a quote at all so, if there is anything to read into, it's not why the other three did not give a quote but why Lansdown did. To be honest, I'd only really be expecting the manager to quote on new arrivals. Once a player's out the door, it's not really the manager's focus any more. 

I'd say that its SL wanting to remind the world that he owns the club - this is a high profile moment and he gets his name associated with it. Nice to know he's still around, not heard much from him for a while.

Well he's forever destined to make City best 11 lists for me.

A genuine once in a generation talent for us. If we see his like again soon we'll be very fortunate indeed.

Will definitely be keeping a close eye on his career.

All the best Scotty, hope you absolutely smash it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Agree with most of that. I was also lucky enough to watch City play in the old 1st Division as a young lad. Many on here will most probably never experience it as Champ level is probably about right for the club as it currently stands. Which is fair enough. Just feels a bit same old to me though, but we were lucky I suppose.

I still meet people now that aren't City supporters that used to go and watch City in the old First Division. I live in Devon, so all the Man U, Liverpool, Forest 'fans' used to travel up to watch top flight footy at AG.

They were heady days indeed. Little did I know how precious those days were and that decades later we have still never been back. Still no sign of it happening any time soon, if ever.

• Like 1

His route to this point- hope you smash it btw Scott .

It'll serve him well, already has:

*The setbacks.

*The playing non League for Guernsey FC will be a challenge- in the English pyramid however. I imagine pitches at that level aren't the neatest let's say and probably a reasonable number of aging physical players.

*His development and flourishing here- in 2021-22 especially at times he was our sole creative outlet, a shining light.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Football moves so fast doesn't it? Really doesn't feel that long ago that he was a name to keep an eye on in youth team games, and then suddenly he's the best player in the team, and then gone for club record fee. So fleeting. 

I hope he does amazing in the prem. Can't wait to actually see how he steps up.

• Like 3