IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah I'm baffled here.

Can't believe someone would choose to triple their wage.

I'm more baffled at the people on this forum gayly wishing him his best as though he's not an opposition player now. Will never understand it personally. 

I think it has happened so many times that a lot on here are just resigned to it, personally once a player leaves I have little to no interest. I don't want them to fail by any means but why should I care whether he has a stellar career or not.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Sad that we've become a feeder club to Bournemouth. Really shows how badly we've failed as a club to be consistently shipping our best players to a club like that. 

We've had 50odd million off them now.

We've hardly become a feeder club for Bournemouth because they've bought 3 players from us down the years. I don't recall it being suggested that Chelsea were a feeder club for us when we signed Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah I'm baffled here.

I'm more baffled at the people on this forum gayly wishing him his best as though he's not an opposition player now. Will never understand it personally. 

Tbh if he does well we could get more money for one.

That aside, ignoring his exceptional talent, he has been as far as we know, a consumate pro- playing in pre-season, kicking up no fuss etc..that could have changed had it dragged on but he has conducted himself impeccably.

I don't often miss departing players, managers or even CEOs so much but Scott is an exception to the rule, Gould is one with respect to CEO and I NP will be as and when he goes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

We will get there, one day... #AlwaysBelieve

I remember when we sold Lita to Reading, thought the same then. One day we will get there, hopefully in my lifetime ? 

I have been waiting 43 years, and that's probably more than a lifetime for most on here, I had high hopes for this season that we might just do it, but with Tommy Crocked and now Scott going I have a feeling I might be running out of time.

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

This is why City are perennial underachievers. Don't be bitter about having to flog your best player to a smaller side in the PL? Mentality monsters we are. 

Bournemouth are not a smaller team they are much bigger than us they are prem 

I think it's fine to be annoyed or angry at the system of the PL where they can offer salaries everyone else can only dream of and hoover up promising young players where their home clubs have no hope of holding on to them.

I think it's rather narrow minded to be annoyed at our club for existing in that system and having to play that game - that's life in football, for the moment at least. It doesn't make it right, but it's also kind of unavoidable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

28 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah I'm baffled here.

Why would you not wish him to do well? A good season or two and City would benefit from a sell on clause

22 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Wasn't he in the Bournemouth youth team after he left Southhampton? An expensive mistake on their end.  

Think there's more to it about whether Alex wanted to carry on with all the travelling etc involved and was falling out of love with football.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah I'm baffled here.

It’s in our interests that he goes and smashes it in the Premier League.

There’s no need for bitterness from us. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We've hardly become a feeder club for Bournemouth because they've bought 3 players from us down the years. I don't recall it being suggested that Chelsea were a feeder club for us when we signed Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer. 

Chelsea were offloading their surplus, we've sold our best players to a team that could squeeze their whole ground into the Lansdown stand. 

I don't think it's unfair to highlight we're failed as a club to not keep our young stars away from, let's be brutally honest, pretty ordinary teams like Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth. 

• Like 3

I wish Alex Scott every success and I really hope Bournemouth is a stepping stone to an even bigger move.

Unlike several other players in recent City history, he kept his head down among all of the speculation, worked hard and kept going.

He's definately been a role model for the next crop of young players in the squad and has shown the pathway and the club plan is now back on track.

Yes, it's painful to think that Bournemouth are now a bigger club than us but for now it's true. They took their opportunities when they came while we know where we made our mistakes.

I'm certain that the good times are coming and a £25 million pound cheque in the bank is certainly going to help.

Good luck Alex. I'll look forward to watching you on Match of the Day.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Chelsea were offloading their surplus, we've sold our best players to a team that could squeeze their whole ground into the Lansdown stand. 

I don't think it's unfair to highlight we're failed as a club to not keep our young stars away from, let's be brutally honest, pretty ordinary teams like Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth. 

That's the modern football economic ecosystem sadly.

Bournemouth gazumped bids for players ahead of Leeds and Lazio thus summer- both bigger clubs than us let alone them historically speaking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I don't think it's unfair to highlight we're failed as a club to not keep our young stars away from let's be brutally honest, pretty ordinary teams like Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth.  the premier league

Sounds pretty silly when you say it that way, we will never prevent a player going to the premier league, just won't happen, we can't offer enough in wages and we're not close enough to promotion to be able to, if we held onto players to try and achieve that then we'd be failing financially instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah I'm baffled here.

Maybe because if he smashes it he'll get a bigger move which will be great for us with a sell on clause.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I wish Alex Scott every success and I really hope Bournemouth is a stepping stone to an even bigger move.

Unlike several other players in recent City history, he kept his head down among all of the speculation, worked hard and kept going.

He's definately been a role model for the next crop of young players in the squad and has shown the pathway and the club plan is now back on track.

Yes, it's painful to think that Bournemouth are now a bigger club than us but for now it's true. They took their opportunities when they came while we know where we made our mistakes.

I'm certain that the good times are coming and a £25 million pound cheque in the bank is certainly going to help.

Good luck Alex. I'll look forward to watching you on Match of the Day.

Yeh, setting up goals for Semenyo..

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh if he does well we could get more money for one.

That aside, ignoring his exceptional talent, he has been as far as we know, a consumate pro- playing in pre-season, kicking up no fuss etc..that could have changed had it dragged on but he has conducted himself impeccably.

I don't often miss departing players, managers or even CEOs so much but Scott is an exception to the rule, Gould is one with respect to CEO and I NP will be as and when he goes.

Agreed. Behaved far more professionally than say, Famara, who appeared to goon strike for a month. 

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ordinary maybe but at the time of signing our players at a higher level than us and able to offer a significant wage increase. Whilst not all players are lured by money the overwhelming majority want to play at the highest level. Our failure to keep them was not down to our standing as a club, but to our standing in the league pyramid, which like it or not they were part of. That's how it goes. We enjoy the players while we have them and as they move on so do we. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Agreed. Behaved far more professionally than say, Famara, who appeared to goon strike for a month. 

Let alone what we see at other clubs, we see unsettled players refusing to train, unable to play etc.

I don't think Diedhiou, Palmer or even Bakinson did that.although I have zero inside knowledge.

• Like 1