IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

My personal understanding is we have recieved 20 up front with 5 million spread out over x amount of time plus add ons. 

If that is true (I have no idea), that means 25m in this years accounts (doesn't matter when it would be paid for P&L/FFP, only for cashflow - it is guaranteed so has to be included in the accounts as a profit upon disposal - we would have 20m cash and a 5m debt owed to us by Bournmouth, so all 25m has been gained as an "asset") - then any addons are included in the year which they are triggered, as if they are not triggered they are not owed to us

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My personal understanding is we have recieved 20 up front with 5 million spread out over x amount of time plus add ons. 

Doubt it. Should highlight that Bristol live are the only source suggesting 25 million + add ons. Everyone else, and by that I mean everyone, suggests 20 million + potential 5 million in add ons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James54De said:

Doubt it. Should highlight that Bristol live are the only source suggesting 25 million + add ons. Everyone else, and by that I mean everyone, suggests 20 million + potential 5 million in add ons.

Sky reported the same £25m transfer fee plus add-ons last night too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Haha thanks, there's no real simple answer but, and @Davefevs also.

The simplest is that IMO we are now fine for cycles ending 2023-24, 2024-25 and 2025-26. We can breathe easy and perhaps be choosy about who we sell and for how much etc. That isnt to say we shouldn't or wouldn't sell anyone at all for 3 years but that combined with much hard work has put us on a stable footing. £20-25m in the bank, certainly.

It then may depend on how far we wish to push the boat out. For example if income remaimed stable over this, next and the following season we could probably add an average of £6.67-£8.33m to the cost base per year. (That assumes a £20m base fee or a £25m base fee for Scott) and wouldn't be inclusive of any further sales.

Whether we wish to go that far is a different debate, maybe we don't and the big caveat is that if we did this and didn't go up by 2025-26...we would be in a hole again probably. A big hole! 8 figures.

Debt wise, it could certainly help- presumably it comes in instalments but it could help, SL will however steadily convert to equity anyway. For as long as he is happy to.

Say 4 signings at £3m apiece wage wise 3 year deal, average wage £15k per week. That is about £7.12m per year onto the cost base.

Would keep us compliant up to 2025-26 assuming revenue reasonably similar but well..thereafter hmm!!

Absolutely brilliant answer - many thanks! OTIB at its best.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, James54De said:

Were back at 20+5 this evening. 

Lots of people have got very confused either the whole add on thing. 

To simplify it we have recieved 20 million up front for Scott direct into our account. We will recieve a further 5 million over a period of time. That 5 million is what people have got confused by. Because its spread out people have confused it with add ons which it is not. We will recieve that 5 million PLUS add ons if they are achieved. 

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

To simplify it we have recieved 20 million up front for Scott direct into our account. We will recieve a further 5 million over a period of time. That 5 million is what people have got confused by. Because its spread out people have confused it with add ons which it is not. We will recieve that 5 million PLUS add ons if they are achieved. 

I’ve been on your side for most of this thread but; in my opinion.. give it a rest(?) you’re guessing just the same as everyone else, why state it as fact 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Haha thanks, there's no real simple answer but, and @Davefevs also.

The simplest is that IMO we are now fine for cycles ending 2023-24, 2024-25 and 2025-26. We can breathe easy and perhaps be choosy about who we sell and for how much etc. That isnt to say we shouldn't or wouldn't sell anyone at all for 3 years but that combined with much hard work has put us on a stable footing. £20-25m in the bank, certainly.

It then may depend on how far we wish to push the boat out. For example if income remaimed stable over this, next and the following season we could probably add an average of £6.67-£8.33m to the cost base per year. (That assumes a £20m base fee or a £25m base fee for Scott) and wouldn't be inclusive of any further sales.

Whether we wish to go that far is a different debate, maybe we don't and the big caveat is that if we did this and didn't go up by 2025-26...we would be in a hole again probably. A big hole! 8 figures.

Debt wise, it could certainly help- presumably it comes in instalments but it could help, SL will however steadily convert to equity anyway. For as long as he is happy to.

Say 4 signings at £3m apiece wage wise 3 year deal, average wage £15k per week. That is about £7.12m per year onto the cost base.

Would keep us compliant up to 2025-26 assuming revenue reasonably similar but well..thereafter hmm!!

On the other hand, it may mean we spend very little for a couple of years, stay well within FFP, and SL can drastically reduce the amount he has to put in to subsidise the club. Seems the more likely situation to me. Meanwhile he looks for a buyer for the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

On the other hand, it may mean we spend very little for a couple of years, stay well within FFP, and SL can drastically reduce the amount he has to put in to subsidise the club. Seems the more likely situation to me. Meanwhile he looks for a buyer for the club.

This unfortunately is also possible.

Relieves some burden on SL if true but could also mean we will not necessarily be operating at the £39m Upper Loss Limit for the next few years

(No equity=£15m, equity=Up to £39m or  could be anything between the two).

Hypothetically with the Scott sale we could still spend the same amount as £39m even if the amount we lose doesn't reflect £39m, equity etc.

It could help prime us for a sale too as you say- some Wolves fans think FOSUN are doing similar this summer.

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

**** off. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, James54De said:

**** off. 

???

None of us know do we?

FWIW I’m going with James Piercy who is suggesting £25m Transfer Fee.  I don’t care about about the “appearance based add-ons”.  We will struggle to track those anyway.

I’ll revisit when 23/24 accounts come out in about 18 months time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

???

None of us know do we?

FWIW I’m going with James Piercy who is suggesting £25m Transfer Fee.  I don’t care about about the “appearance based add-ons”.  We will struggle to track those anyway.

I’ll revisit when 23/24 accounts come out in about 18 months time.

Pierce suggesting £25+
Tristan Cork, also BP, suggesting £22+

https://x.com/tristancorkpost/status/1689559813171073024?s=46&t=FKlkkBdrG9fuUpSMMtgUgQ

The charm of undisclosed fees, ay?  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Really hope Bournemouth get relegated this season. The way GON was treated after pulling off a miracle escape was a disgrace. So glad Wolves have taken him on and look forward to it when they stuff Bournemouth. Alex can move back to us in the 24-5 season when we wave at Bournemouth as we pass them on the way up. 

I do anyway, never mind GO'N's treatment.

If they get relegated, it'll be hilarious.

Thanks for the 25 million, and see you soon.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Really hope Bournemouth get relegated this season. The way GON was treated after pulling off a miracle escape was a disgrace. So glad Wolves have taken him on and look forward to it when they stuff Bournemouth. Alex can move back to us in the 24-5 season when we wave at Bournemouth as we pass them on the way up. 

I hope they finish bottom of the P.L. with a record low points total, Luton one place and one point above them.

Sadly, I think SFC Bournemouth will stay up this season.

On 12/08/2023 at 14:56, OldlandReddies said:

They have decided that GON wouldnt improve them they made changes been backed by a owner and kicking on we aint passing them soon  

• Like 1

Is it disgraceful to give someone a Premier League job before they probably deserve it and then pay him 18 months salary to leave ?  I wish my employers would sack me and pay me 18 months salary!  

They think this new guy will do a better job than O’Neil would have done. Brave decision and time will tell.  Everyone was furious when Southampton appointed Pochettino. Worked out well for them 

• Like 4

On 12/08/2023 at 14:56, OldlandReddies said:

Then we pass them by and buy back Scotty for 15m basically making it a £10m season long loan. :)

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 17:24, And Its Smith said:

Is it disgraceful to give someone a Premier League job before they probably deserve it and then pay him 18 months salary to leave ?  I wish my employers would sack me and pay me 18 months salary!  

Be careful for what you wish for. My first marriage came about because Mrs Robbo #1's employers made her redundant - then took her straight back on because they realised they had sacked too many people to operate, but said she could keep the redundancy money.

While I foresaw a luxury holiday with the dosh, she said "let's use it to pay for a wedding" and I went along with it. Whatta mistake-a to make-a. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Be careful for what you wish for. My first marriage came about because Mrs Robbo #1's employers made her redundant - then took her straight back on because they realised they had sacked too many people to operate, but said she could keep the redundancy money.

While I foresaw a luxury holiday with the dosh, she said "let's use it to pay for a wedding" and I went along with it. Whatta mistake-a to make-a. 

I’m just going to have to put you on ignore now! Certainly anything you say about how City spend money is tainted  permanently!

Did she pay for the honeymoon if she did at least you got your holiday!

• Haha 1