IGNORED

Bristol City second greenest EFL football club

• The title was changed to Bristol City second greenest EFL football club
22 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Good chance we'll be 1st next season

Optimism is great if you are thinking of us finishing1st in the championship next season. ?

being green and environmentally friendly does that mean the players have to swap in their lease cars for push bikes.

43 minutes ago, Judda said:

This is something we should be proud of. I had no idea we were up there. I'm surprised that we're not blowing our own trumpet a bit as this is an important issue in this day and age.

I agree. And not only up there, but pretty much the only club within touching distance of FGR.
There isn’t a lot of detail about how the scoring works, but in terms of the ‘points’ we are closer to FGR than the third placed team is to us. And only 5 of the 72 EFL clubs score 15 or more - and we’re on 22. That’s impressive. 

37 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Probably just means we fly to away games less than everyone but Forest Green 

Far from it - and very unfair on the club and the efforts it’s making. The article (surprisingly) doesn’t mention air travel, but it does explain some of the (other) reasons why we perform so well. 

And, given the nature of many of the other 72 clubs, I would imagine that the opposite to what you’re suggesting is true, and that the fact that we use air travel at all probably reduces our standing against many of the other clubs. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I agree. And not only up there, but pretty much the only club within touching distance of FGR.
There isn’t a lot of detail about how the scoring works, but in terms of the ‘points’ we are closer to FGR than the third placed team is to us. And only 5 of the 72 EFL clubs score 15 or more - and we’re on 22. That’s impressive. 

Far from it - and very unfair on the club and the efforts it’s making. The article (surprisingly) doesn’t mention air travel, but it does explain some of the (other) reasons why we perform so well. 

And, given the nature of many of the other 72 clubs, I would imagine that the opposite to what you’re suggesting is true, and that the fact that we use air travel at all probably reduces our standing against many of the other clubs. 

They might count Carbon Offset though, which might be why our 3 flights this season haven't counted against us. I don't think it should work that way personally, especially as the coach still has to make the same journey without the players anyway, but it might do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Assume you said something about sustainability? Hopefully it's not the wrong topic for long!

Seriously, whatever the reasons for us being so high in the table (and let's be honest FGR have bought this league) it's a great thing that our club takes this stuff seriously. Very well done to the club and to all involved in this. And well done to every fan who walks/cycles/park and rides/car shares/gets the train to Parson Street, or does anything else to contribute. 

• Like 2

It's good to raise awareness but it's pretty flaky to be honest. The industry and world.needs to change. 

We score 3 out of 3 for transport but the team flys to away games and gets the coach to drive up on its own. 

These sorts of things are very misleading even though its clearly good for us to be 2nd out of 72 within the parameters set 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2023 at 16:15, The Humble Realist said:

It's good to raise awareness but it's pretty flaky to be honest. The industry and world.needs to change. 

We score 3 out of 3 for transport but the team flys to away games and gets the coach to drive up on its own. 

These sorts of things are very misleading even though its clearly good for us to be 2nd out of 72 within the parameters set 

I think Bristol City Council need thanking for that, with all the parking restrictions, shite bus service, non-usable Long Ashton park-and-ride, clean air zone, one way streets and blocked off roads, it's no wonder that City fans can't take combustible travel to Ashton Gate!!