IGNORED

Kane wilson

redkev

Before I get shot down ,

I know he’s been injured but as the coaches say he’s been training and on the grass for at least a month 6 weeks now but still no game time , even with a wafer thin squad he isn’t getting any starts . Starting to wonder if he is failing to impress in training or not training hard enough . Pearson did say something this week about training flat out all the time . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, redkev said:

Before I get shot down ,

I know he’s been injured but as the coaches say he’s been training and on the grass for at least a month 6 weeks now but still no game time , even with a wafer thin squad he isn’t getting any starts . Starting to wonder if he is failing to impress in training or not training hard enough . Pearson did say something this week about training flat out all the time . 

He came on in the previous match at Swansea.

As for starting, he’s got to dislodge Tanner.  Simple as that.  Nige isn’t gonna give him “soft starts”.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He came on in the previous match at Swansea.

As for starting, he’s got to dislodge Tanner.  Simple as that.  Nige isn’t gonna give him “soft starts”.

Totally understand Dave , Tanner is holding down that right back position very well but I would have still thought Nige would have found some minutes somewhere for Wilson . 

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

Whenever Pearson talks about Wilson, something just doesn't sound right to me. He seems to say about him having to train flat out and that he is still behind the others on fitness. Who knows, maybe it's nothing and he just needs a preseason but ...

Your seeing the same as me city west , could be nothing in it but ummm I don’t know 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Totally understand Dave , Tanner is holding down that right back position very well but I would have still thought Nige would have found some minutes somewhere for Wilson . 

I thought he might get some today too.  I’d consider him over Dasilva, or move Tanner over and play Wilson RB.

• Like 1

There’s a few factors here IMO 

- Signed primarily as a wingback which we’re not currently playing

- Long term injury

- Tanner performing excellently (he was my MoM today) - both defensively and going forward. The latter you’d assume KW has over him, but GT is playing well in both directions.

We’re blessed in that we don’t need to force him in. He’s come from the same level Tanner did, who took a while to get up to speed, and has had an injury.

Im not worried at this point.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Whenever Pearson talks about Wilson, something just doesn't sound right to me. He seems to say about him having to train flat out and that he is still behind the others on fitness. Who knows, maybe it's nothing and he just needs a preseason but ...

It does seem like he’s slept with his wife or something,some people just don’t click and we have to go with the manager on this 

Nige said yesterday that Wilson’s playing catch up and that when the games are coming in quick succession, training isn’t as intense.

That makes sense to me, especially as training intensity probably drops when players are on international duty, and I wouldn’t be writing him off or reading too much into it just yet. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Your seeing the same as me city west , could be nothing in it but ummm I don’t know 

I've thought it for a while now whenever he is asked in pressers but the most recent one made me really question it. How can he still be so far behind the others when he has had 2 weeks with no games.

Pearson said it is hard for any player who isn't playing games to be at the right fitness and that they have to work harder in training even though training isn't really suited for them and doing fitness stuff when there's lots of games as they do less, but we've just had 2 weeks with none. A perfect time for him to increase his fitness side of it.

Like I said, something just doesn't feel right. Hoping it's nothing and next year we se a fit Wilson challenging for the rb/rwb birth.

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Nige said yesterday that Wilson’s playing catch up and that when the games are coming in quick succession, training isn’t as intense.

That makes sense to me and I wouldn’t be writing him off or reading too much into it just yet. 

Not writing him off , but at this time of the year with all the niggly injuries players have and like Nige mentions as well games come thick and fast surely there you go a fresh pair of legs , but apparently he is still behind others fitness wise .

he either isn’t training well or has the same kebab & natch diet as me 

Edited by redkev
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

Not writing him off , but at this time of the year with all the niggly injuries players have and like Nige mentions as well games come thick and fast surely there you go a fresh pair of legs , but apparently he is still behind others fitness wise .

he either isn’t training well or has the same kebab & natch diet as me 

Is he going to dislodge Tanner, though? Unless he gets injured or banned, I doubt it and we aren’t in the habit of playing tombola with the squad under Nige. 

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Is he going to dislodge Tanner, though? Unless he gets injured or banned, I doubt it and we aren’t in the habit of playing tombola with the squad under Nige. 

Agree with the tombola thing , but with very little to play for and players jaded isn’t now an ideal time to rest a few blood a few totally agree about Tanner has been very good but you are never going to now what’s he got in his locker unless we give him some minutes .  Not criticising Nige just looking at it from another angle 

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I agree with you, although I think some of my feelings about Wilson stem from how excited I was by his signing and wanting to see him play. 

Same as , a gas mate of mine said when we signed him how good he was and that in both games against rovers last year he was the best player on the pitch and caused the gas lots of problems 

4 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I’d have liked to have seen him replace Sykes and given 45-60 minutes 

I thought he should have replaced Weimann today who I thought was very poor.

Nige has mentioned a few times that his knee injury is something he is always going to manage so it could be why he can’t get fully match fit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s just come back from a long term knee injury. We’ve got nothing to play for. Why rush him back and risk it? 
I don’t think there’s any more to it than that. 

Exactly this. If it means he takes the rest of the season, and pre-season to get up to fitness, as well as test the knee out, and then push on for a starting place then great.

He's coming back, Nige has said it has to be managed, we have nothing to play for effectively. Nothing to see here. Why rush him, and set him back.

Kalas came back too early at the end of last season(?) and was then out for the rest of that and the bulk of this. Absolutely no point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, East Londoner said:

I’d have liked to have seen him replace Sykes and given 45-60 minutes 

If we’d tried that today even that ref would probably have seen through it.

To be fair though Sykes was completely anonymous today, like he wasn’t even on the pitch.

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

I just feel it is kick up the backside from Pearson to Wilson - he wants him to work harder in training. I also can’t see Tanner being dropped any time soon - thought he was excellent today; he also wins some vital far post defensive headers even though he’s isn’t particular tall. When Wilson is fitter, I wouldn’t mind seeing how he takes to the wide right position that Weimann started in today. Wilson’s crossing looked sharp in pre-season and it is something we have not been great at of late. 

I’m sure Nige said around the time of his injury, that it’s an issue that he will likely have to manage for the rest of his career. 

He will be slowly building up his fitness between now and the end of the season.

I don’t see any issue.

I think we are in a great position in terms of depth (Right Back / RWB). Tanner is doing well, and Wilson will provide great competition. A year ago we would have considered Right Back one of our weakest positions. 

Tanners form, means that there’s no immediate need to rush Wilson’s rehabilitation. 

Injured in pre season. Long term issues that needed sorting via surgery and a 4 month rehab after that. All after joining a league two levels above the one you just played in. Was never gonna get many minutes afterwards Imo. Draw a line under this season and start afresh next 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

What?  Have you seen how many fit right sided defenders we have? 

I was just responding to someone saying why risk him ,

If he’s still not fit and not liable to be used put someone on the bench who is fit , 

I totally agree with everybody though at the moment Tanner is going to take some shifting 

Nige has consistently said that Wilson is basically missing a preseason .
I do think we will see more of him before the end of the season but no chances will be taken. We don't know what reaction, if any there was after his last short appearance .  
He is there if needed, but I imagine Pearson will err on the side of caution.
He always says the Players health is paramount .

14 hours ago, citywest30 said:

I've thought it for a while now whenever he is asked in pressers but the most recent one made me really question it. How can he still be so far behind the others when he has had 2 weeks with no games.

Pearson said it is hard for any player who isn't playing games to be at the right fitness and that they have to work harder in training even though training isn't really suited for them and doing fitness stuff when there's lots of games as they do less, but we've just had 2 weeks with none. A perfect time for him to increase his fitness side of it.

Like I said, something just doesn't feel right. Hoping it's nothing and next year we se a fit Wilson challenging for the rb/rwb birth.

berth. I once made that mistake in an essay and got ripped for it!