IGNORED

Tom Ritchie’s Shirt

Davefevs

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

??????

In my mind I have the hopeful thought that a young supporter grabbed the shirt with passion and completely in the moment...as was Tom at the time.

Then time passed...adult life and all the ups and downs it brings. 

The recipient had a ' moment ' and realised how much certain things, mean more to some than others. 

It happens to us all as life goes by. 

We look back fondly. Miss loved ones. Remember the good times, and gradually put things in perspective. 

Kind gestures can really mean a lot. 

On a side note...that shirt in the photo looks massive for Tom in the 70s...even now.  Is it the original? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

In my mind I have the hopeful thought that a young supporter grabbed the shirt with passion and completely in the moment...as was Tom at the time.

Then time passed...adult life and all the ups and downs it brings. 

The recipient had a ' moment ' and realised how much certain things, mean more to some than others. 

It happens to us all as life goes by. 

We look back fondly. Miss loved ones. Remember the good times, and gradually put things in perspective. 

Kind gestures can really mean a lot. 

On a side note...that shirt in the photo looks massive for Tom in the 70s...even now.  Is it the original? 

I can only guess Tom threw it into the crowd, or gave it away, rather than grabbed it / ripped from back per se?

I've often thought what happened to Tom's kit immediately after the final whistle at Chester. That was the last time Tom saw any of it. His boots, socks etc were nabbed by fans who had  got onto the pitch to celebrate our promotion from the 4th.

I was there but not guilty. 

• Like 1