IGNORED

Everton v Spurs

Jerseybean

Spurs deserved nothing from that game. Conte was right about their attitude. No complaints about either sending off  (can't raise your arms or make studs up tackles) or the penalty but Kane's overreaction to the gentle push in the face was embarrassing. Floats like a bee stings like a butterfly comes to mind. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Spurs deserved nothing from that game. Conte was right about their attitude. No complaints about either sending off  (can't raise your arms or make studs up tackles) or the penalty but Kane's overreaction to the gentle push in the face was embarrassing. Floats like a bee stings like a butterfly comes to mind. 

You can guarantee the reaction to it would be different if it was a foreign player and not the England captain.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

You can guarantee the reaction to it would be different if it was a foreign player and not the England captain.

Kane got smacked in the face. If he wants to roll around clutching his face then so be it. There are no laws against that.

He was smacked in the face and the red card was the most obvious red card you'll ever see. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Very enjoyable Monday night of entertainment. Name me a more painful club to support than Spurs. Everything goes tits up.

FFS - Bristol City. Stockport. Scunthorpe. Bolton. Sunderland. Bradford. The list goes on...

Cry me a river, Spurs apologists.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Kane got smacked in the face. If he wants to roll around clutching his face then so be it. There are no laws against that.

He was smacked in the face and the red card was the most obvious red card you'll ever see. 

It's a clear red yes but smacked in the face? Really?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Errr. Let me think …

Do you really think that? I'm a bit surprised! We're mid-table in the second tier and on the up, in terms of City historically we're doing pretty well. Spurs are a supposed 'big 6' team that are this countries laughing stock for their weak mentality and ability to throw away all good things in record time, and can't win a trophy for love nor money. We've lifted silveware more recently than them! I know which I'd rather support :city:

• Hmmm 1

33 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Do you really think that? I'm a bit surprised! We're mid-table in the second tier and on the up, in terms of City historically we're doing pretty well. Spurs are a supposed 'big 6' team that are this countries laughing stock for their weak mentality and ability to throw away all good things in record time, and can't win a trophy for love nor money. We've lifted silveware more recently than them! I know which I'd rather support :city:

We won the Johnson's Paint Pot trophy, since when Spurs have been in the Champions League final.

That's a real leap of faith comparison.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

We won the Johnson's Paint Pot trophy, since when Spurs have been in the Champions League final.

That's a real leap of faith comparison.

Rather win the JPT than lose the UCL, 1 trophy to nil ? the point I was trying to make is it’s all very relative to the club. By our standards things are pretty rosy, whereas they’re having a nightmare. Of course they’re bigger and better than we are but they’re in a horrible moment. That’s all I was saying, no need to panic ?

Edited by BCFCGav

11 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Gentle push ? stuck his fingers in his eyes, even if by accident that's gonna hurt for a bit

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Rather win the JPT than lose the UCL, 1 trophy to nil ? the point I was trying to make is it’s all very relative to the club. By our standards things are pretty rosy, whereas they’re having a nightmare. Of course they’re bigger and better than we are but they’re in a horrible moment. That’s all I was saying, no need to panic ?

Behave.

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Gentle push ? stuck his fingers in his eyes, even if by accident that's gonna hurt for a bit

He went down to help ensure the red card nothing more nothing less, he didn't lose the use of his legs because of the pain in his eyes!  

Personally I agree it's a red, but I don't agree with Kanes reaction to get a player sent off, it's cheating, everyone knows it, the question is whether you think it's justified and would you be happy if a City player did the same?

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You honestly think that was enough to send him to the floor? It's a clear red yes but all a bit embarrassing by Kane.

12 hours ago, Super said:

I think that Kane has really let himself down here. It's one thing for the Latino's to fake an injury but when the England captain joins in it is so disappointing. I thought he was better than that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think that Kane has really let himself down here. It's one thing for the Latino's to fake an injury but when the England captain joins in it is so disappointing. I thought he was better than that.

Agreed.

Doubtful Rooney (England captain, club captain & striker) would have gone down like that. Shearer definitely would not have.

I would be very keen to hear Shearer's opinion on the incident. Kane probably feeling very stupid this morning if he has seen the replay.

Edited by The Gasbuster