IGNORED

Frank Lampard

E.G.Red

4 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

May aswell have just keep Potter to be fair and seen if there was any signs at all of improvement , unless they honestly think Frank is the man to win the champions league 

I think doing it this way, all parties know the deal. Sounding out other managers behind Potter’s back is problematic - if they lock in an Enrique deal then Potter wins 12 on the spin it gets messy. Lampard will know he’s a 15 game firefighter and even if he does do well I think he’ll accept the club bringing in an Enrique in the summer despite his good work.

35 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Why Frank bloody Lampard again? Why not give John Sparrow a go? Or Micky Droy? Or Ken Monkou? 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

bASkeT CaSE cHelSeA. 

To be fair I have heard from those in the know that he's just there until they can go after Graham Potter in the summer. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Christ, they'll probably rehire Potter in the summer at this rate.

The owner will probably get this one, as he's heard he's run a club before.

image.png.73504e651fc481768291fe1a0fc4cfcd.png 

• Haha 2

Unlike a lot of things Chelsea have done recently, this makes a lot of sense.

Chelsea fans would never have accepted a firefighter appointment like Allardyce and the established, higher class, firefighters wouldn’t touch the shitshow, so their options are limited. A club “legend” is the natural way to go so it’s Lampard or Terry, and the latter wants a longer term managerial job. 

Lampard was never getting another job in the prem as things stood. He’s a horrific manager, and this is a chance to (semi) rehab him to put him in the frame for another job. If he gets respectable performances against Madrid (they aren’t winning the CL) and sneaks Chelsea into top six, he’s got the currency to be able to get another job to fail at.

Longer term, I’m not sure I’d want the job if I was Nagelsmann or Enrique. The squad  is bloated and misshapen, the owner appears a moron and the fans are over entitled. They aren’t catching Man City and Arsenal any time soon, and probably not most of the others. Given the choice, and I never thought this’d be the case, I’d probably choose Tottenham!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Unlike a lot of things Chelsea have done recently, this makes a lot of sense.

Chelsea fans would never have accepted a firefighter appointment like Allardyce and the established, higher class, firefighters wouldn’t touch the shitshow, so their options are limited. A club “legend” is the natural way to go so it’s Lampard or Terry, and the latter wants a longer term managerial job. 

Lampard was never getting another job in the prem as things stood. He’s a horrific manager, and this is a chance to (semi) rehab him to put him in the frame for another job. If he gets respectable performances against Madrid (they aren’t winning the CL) and sneaks Chelsea into top six, he’s got the currency to be able to get another job to fail at.

Longer term, I’m not sure I’d want the job if I was Nagelsmann or Enrique. The squad  is bloated and misshapen, the owner appears a moron and the fans are over entitled. They aren’t catching Man City and Arsenal any time soon, and probably not most of the others. Given the choice, and I never thought this’d be the case, I’d probably choose Tottenham!

I totally agree.
It does give Chelsea time to mug off another Manager .
What top Manager will fall for the the bull next ? After seeing what Potter went through , having players forced on him with no plan and expected to (literally) manage , surely the next one will not only want assurances, but get them in writing.  
After spending over half a billion pounds , how the hell can you need to sign a striker ???

• Like 1