IGNORED

Spurs v Brighton

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

The problem is that refs got into the habit of not giving decisions as they have the safety net of VAR to bail them out, but since Howard Webb has taken over the threshold for VAR overturning onfield decisions has increased.

But it’s clear as day it is a pen,when the big clubs let’s say used to get the big decisions because of bad referees being influenced by the crowd then maybe it’s true but between the ref and VAR to look at that and say no then we might as well go back to those days 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But it’s clear as day it is a pen,when the big clubs let’s say used to get the big decisions because of bad referees being influenced by the crowd then maybe it’s true but between the ref and VAR to look at that and say no then we might as well go back to those days 

Brighton completely robbed. Two goals disallowed for handball, one very marginal. Also on one of those quite possible a penalty shout that caused him to lose balance. I mean maybe. I jus5 cannot get my head around how somebody looks at that penalty shout on VAR and does not give it.

I actually do not think it is a conspiracy, just incompetence. However, if it was a conspiracy, it would look something just like this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Midred said:

Var giving Grealish the benefit of the doubt over possible offside goal.

We get given offside without var when the official isn't in line with the play.

And our Championship opponents are always allowed to play on when frequently offside, by the blind and never up with the play, line person. Especially the one on Lansdown side/South Stand end in each match.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mitomi handball ridiculous decision. Not handball and he was pushed.

Second handball very unlucky

Mitoma penalty wtf also in reference to the above

Shocking against Brighton

Fake score 

The Mitoma hardball is the sort that has been getting disallowed by VAR all season. I don't like the rule but they are at least being consistent.

The second one is very unfortunate though.

3 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Didn't realise there were so many conspiracy theorists on OTIB.

Are you taking the piss? Those decisions were shambolic. Awful decisions to keep the 'elite' elite. 

Brighton have been brilliant all season, and they were robbed of a point today. 

3 hours ago, Swede said:

VAR is everything that is wrong with football. Its almost that Brighton aren't fashionable for European football. 

Exactly this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ecko said:

Are you taking the piss? Those decisions were shambolic. Awful decisions to keep the 'elite' elite. 

Brighton have been brilliant all season, and they were robbed of a point today. 

Exactly this.

Poor decisions, yes.

"To keep the 'elite' elite" - conspiracy theory.

• Like 2

Just watched Match of the Day, Wow ! and I watched the first half.

First disallowed goal. All season you're told the short shirt sleeve is the cut off, harsh but you could say they had to turn it over as the Lino had given H/B.

2nd one is farcical . Clips his thigh and looks clear of a hand.

The first Pen. H/B looked a Pen to me, but couldn't see clearly.

2nd Pen , so obvious I really don't see how you can ignore it.

3rd Pen. Shirt pulls like that is surely the reason VAR was brought in. Disgraceful they ignored that.

One game proving VAR is not fit for purpose.
Brighton robbed of a win and things like this encourage conspiracy theories, as there is no logical reason to get things so wrong, when you can take 5 minutes and 20 views and still miss (or ignore) the obvious. There will be a lot of appologies in the post to Brighton this week, that'll make them feel so much better.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Poor decisions, yes.

"To keep the 'elite' elite" - conspiracy theory.

Could be subconscious bias, or something more sinister. Who knows.

The Negreira case in Spain is pretty remarkable; Barca paying millions of euros to a referee for "consultancy". Not saying that's what's going on in England, but it's extraordinary it happened at all and has been uncovered.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Could be subconscious bias, or something more sinister. Who knows.

The Negreira case in Spain is pretty remarkable; Barca paying millions of euros to a referee for "consultancy". Not saying that's what's going on in England, but it's extraordinary it happened at all and has been uncovered.

I think this is really possible. I don't hold with some massive conspiracy , even though it can be easy to wonder.
How many times have we seen Refs seem to favour the "bigger" sides when they come to the Gate. 

What I don't get is the constant mistakes by VAR, they take an age to get it wrong too. It would be good to see an interview with Webb to hear his thoughts on some of the decisions he's had to apologise for. 

• Like 1

It's nothing to do with conspiracy or bias, it's just a crap system being operated by people who aren't up to it.

Every PL club will have had at least one shocker go against them. Arsenal dropped points against that well known superpower Brentford because the VAR official forgot to draw the lines that would have shown Toney's equaliser was offside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just watched Match of the Day, Wow ! and I watched the first half.

First disallowed goal. All season you're told the short shirt sleeve is the cut off, harsh but you could say they had to turn it over as the Lino had given H/B.

2nd one is farcical . Clips his thigh and looks clear of a hand.

The first Pen. H/B looked a Pen to me, but couldn't see clearly.

Distinct lack of outrage from Lineker and co. As it was Brighton they couldn't get too excited about it. If that had been Leicester otoh...

• Like 4

Said it before 

If these decisions were happening in Italy week in week out

we would all be talking about brown envelopes as such things

The PL do not want clubs like Brighton representing them in Europe 

and will do what ever is needed to keep the big boys safe

imo We should be able to hear what the ref and VAR are saying to each other like they do in Rugby League

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1