IGNORED

Managers you are glad we have never had at City

Lanterne Rouge

Steve McClaren. How has he not been mentioned yet?

League Cup for Boro, fair enough, but other than that has robbed a living as a number 1. At great expense.

I’ve often worried about the possibilities of him coming here given he’s an ex City player and has had a downward career trajectory post England national team.

Very much a number 2 or 3.

22 hours ago, 2015 said:

After listening to Radio Bristol for the lasy few years post match I would have to say most Yeovil managers.

Darren Way, Darren Sarll, Mark Cooper. That's why they are on their way to the 6th tier.

Listening to Mark Cooper on the way home the other week I think he was asked why do you think you're staying up and he said 'because I have to', not the most convincing answer. ? And looking very bad for them now.

Also got to agree with the Scott Parker shout, has 2 promotions on his cv but he had 2 of the best teams in the league with parachute money and maybe harshly I am just not convinced by the way he speaks. A good chance he flops at a club like City.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 2

On 09/04/2023 at 15:05, Robbored said:

We’re lucky to have Pearson in my view. The more I see his interviews the more he impresses me. He’s very honest, says it as it is and his deep knowledge of the beautiful game and what it takes to build a successful team is there for all to see.

It’ll be a sad day when he retires or moves on.

What has this got to do with the whole point of this thread..?!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

Steve McClaren. How has he not been mentioned yet?

League Cup for Boro, fair enough, but other than that has robbed a living as a number 1. At great expense.

I’ve often worried about the possibilities of him coming here given he’s an ex City player and has had a downward career trajectory post England national team.

Very much a number 2 or 3.

Yesh but Shteeve was impressive in being able to manage a Dutch club in their language - double Dutch I think it was!

On 09/04/2023 at 10:40, Pearcy said:

Tony Mowbray.

Crap everywhere he goes. Baffles me how he keeps getting jobs in football.

I can only assume that you have accidentally put the wrong persons name in your post, whilst thinking of some other manager......

Either that, or you are talking baffling nonsense..!

Tony Mowbray has had a great career, gets his teams playing fantastic football & he has always been top of my wishlist (although usually out of our reach) whenever we have been in a recruitment search.

NP was always high on that list aswell & I was amazed when we appointed him.

Was very much regretting that wish until Christmas..! But we've seen some genuine improvement since then. 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 18:51, Major Isewater said:

Steve Cooper , I know it’s not his fault , but I couldn’t be  having to look at that boat every week. 
When he was born the midwife smacked his mother. 

42F61454-6900-47B7-B660-B1C20E859E27.jpeg

You should see him on a bad day.

On 10/04/2023 at 17:56, TomF said:

4 promotions to the premier league and a FA Cup final appearance. I mean I’m not a fan of his whining as a manager but he’s not exactly the worst is he?

No, that is fair, but in his last 2/3 jobs, he has overspent on average players, seen teams plummet down the league and been sacked whilst staring at relegation. Each team has then improved since removing him. For me, his stock as a manager is very low and I have no doubt West Brom would have gone down this year had they stuck with him. I would say his failings at Villa, despite spending fortunes, then his poor time at Sheffield Wednesday, before nearly relegating Newcastle suggest he is not a manager you would want at your club anymore. West Brom was the final straw and exposed him to me, as someone who can buy success, but if it fails to click, could cripple and ruin a club. Cue his next gig at Ipswich!