IGNORED

In the kitchen

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I may be a lot of things but sexiest, racist and bigoted are not applicable to me.

If you hadn't previously noticed ,Robbored today admits " SEXIEST "" not applcable to me."

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I may be a lot of things but sexiest, racist and bigoted are not applicable to me.

If you hadn't previously noticed ,Robbored today admits " SEXIEST "" not applcable to me."

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

First Hispanics and now Muslims. Any other races, religions, or other groups of people you'd like to weigh in on? 

Maybe he's just a sexist, and his religion has nothing to do with it? Just an idea. 

Perhaps you should keep your views to yourself too?

Why when he is stating something that is probably true.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

First Hispanics and now Muslims. Any other races, religions, or other groups of people you'd like to weigh in on? 

Maybe he's just a sexist, and his religion has nothing to do with it? Just an idea. 

Perhaps you should keep your views to yourself too?

6 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

3 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

And perhaps you should stick to presenting Big Break!

And perhaps this thread no longer has anything to do with football and so will shortly be cast into the outer darkness of the non-football forums.

In 1, 2, 3 .......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The scary thing is that you think that comment actually backs up your point, rather than proving mine.

Baffling :blink:

Nice to see a mod calling out @Robboredracism. It’s certainly not the first time.

Is any action going to be taken? Hasn’t he already had a ban for racist posts?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Nice to see a mod calling out @Robboredracism. It’s certainly not the first time.

Is any action going to be taken? Hasn’t he already had a ban for racist posts?

I got banned for my outspoken political views Henry, nothing whatsoever to with racism or any other PC issue.

In Islam women are seen as less important than men - hence the headscarf, face veil. In some Islamic countries women are not allowed to drive and in Afghanistan not allowed to receive education.

These are facts Henry - nothing racist whatsoever, just facts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I got banned for my outspoken political views Henry, nothing whatsoever to with racism or any other PC issue.

In Islam women are seen as less important than men - hence the headscarf, face veil. In some Islamic countries women are not allowed to drive and in Afghanistan not allowed to receive education.

Last time I looked, racism was a hate crime, not a “PC issue”

Maybe it’s the way you come across but calling it a PC issue sounds like you are trying to normalise it, and make it sound trivial in one go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s an attitude shared by many Muslim men. He should have kept his misogynistic views to himself.

I didn't spot Bristol City's official site posting half baked racist conspiracy theories for desperately outdated and paranoid seniors, given your own high standards of accuracy how do you know this is true or does your filter only work when you fancy? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No one gets banned for out spoken political views. There would be no sub forum if that were true.

You got banned for racist views. 

17 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Who are you to say what can and cannot be discussed?

That’s not really what it’s about is it? It’s more about how different political views can be more or less politically acceptable depending on the current popular climate. To judge the popular climate people need to make their views heard. So really the Overton Window is the opposite of what you state. 

I could be really wrong of course as I’ve never come across this theory before and just read the link in your post.

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

A German female referee gave a red card to Turkish player, Karim Demirbay. On his way off the pitch he looked at her and told her ‘you should stick to the kitchen’.

The referee wrote that in her report and FIFA ruled that he would be suspended for 5 matches and as part of his suspension he would officiate one women’s football match.

While refereeing the match he issued 8 red cards to 8 different female players.

When asked why he did that, he replied: ‘women should remain in the kitchen!’

Oh boy, this guy is really stubborn!

60D24F12-1D85-4A70-85E5-AAFACBE5C6FD.jpeg

Another thread detailed by Robbored.

However, I think it's important to say that the information in this original post is so far from the truth of the incident, that it may as well be entirely false. Also, what did happen, happened a long time ago.

I assume the OP was misled rather than malicious, but Kerem Demirbay is quite a well respected footballer now who played for the German national team since this incident.

He made some ill judged comments towards a female official, but he almost immediately apologised after the match personally to the official involved, and carried out his duty of refereeing a junior women's game without incident. The latter part of the OP is entirely false.

It has nothing to do with his race or religion. He made a mistake, and accepted his error and punishment.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

And?  Germany has literally thousands of Turkish immigrants - just as Britain have.

I used to live in the Turkish area of Bremen for a while, lots of them were Muslims, but it was a very friendly area to us Englanders, and bloody delicious food!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Also a fact that most Muslims oppose repressive Taliban policies towards women, but you chose to leave that bit out.  

Interesting choice of profile pic by the way, you dirty 'ole bugger

8 hours ago, Henry said:

No one gets banned for out spoken political views. There would be no sub forum if that were true.

You got banned for racist views. 

One can be banned for rather 'minor trifle on this forum- it's all 'off the cuff/at the whim of a particular individual at a moment in time.

Edited by Son of Fred

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

You were banned because you were gloating about having had family and friends round for drunken barbeques during lockdown, despite being asked to stop by someone who had lost loved ones to Covid.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

His parents were immigrants. If a baby born in the UK to Turkish parents  wouldn’t  be an immigrant tho. It would be British

Thing is @Robbored you’ve not answered my question.

I think you’ve jumped to what I think is a stereotypical assumption. Wherever he was born he’s declared himself as Turkish. That must therefore make him a Muslim and must therefore mean he has the views that you’ve stated.

My barber is from Afghanistan. He looks Turkish. He asked me once where I thought he came from. We had a good cultural chat.

He told me he was a Muslim and didn’t drink. But he loved living in the UK. I asked him why. His reply?

Because I like having jiggy jiggy with your English ladies. But I don’t tell my dad as he wouldn’t like that.

You see? Not everything is as straightforward as you might believe.

Now. If only I could find that wonderful emoji you like to use so much…..

Enjoy the game later ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Thing is @Robbored you’ve not answered my question.

I think you’ve jumped to what I think is a stereotypical assumption. Wherever he was born he’s declared himself as Turkish. That must therefore make him a Muslim and must therefore mean he has the views that you’ve stated.

My barber is from Afghanistan. He looks Turkish. He asked me once where I thought he came from. We had a good cultural chat.

He told me he was a Muslim and didn’t drink. But he loved living in the UK. I asked him why. His reply?

Because I like having jiggy jiggy with your English ladies. But I don’t tell my dad as he wouldn’t like that.

You see? Not everything is as straightforward as you might believe.

Now. If only I could find that wonderful emoji you like to use so much…..

Enjoy the game later ?

I've not heard of that drug where do you get it from?

• The topic was locked