IGNORED

Yet to be Doubled!

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Saw this earlier!

With Sheffield Utd, QPR and Burnley out to get us.  We beat Rotherham and drew with Watford.  We can of course stop Rotherham we undoubted if we beat them.

Burnley will be too pissed on Champagne when they play us - score draw.

Rotherham will belt the ball into the sky and give our defenders neck ache - 0-0

Sheffield United will be firing on all cylinders to get promotion done - 0-2

Oh well, two out of three 'aint bad.

48 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Rotherham will belt the ball into the sky and give our defenders neck ache - 0-0

But if we went for it like a bat out of hell we might win all three.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

how can rotherham do the double on us?

53 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

ahhh.....with you dave....

I had to look twice, but it’s not necessarily about matches between those clubs.

No one can do the double on Burnley or Sheff U: they’ve already beaten or drawn with everyone they’ve still got to play.

If Luton lose to Middlesbrough next week then they’ll lose their record - but no-one else can do the double on them now.

Rotherham have still got to play Burnley, Cardiff, Wigan and us - and if they lose any of those games then their record goes! 

And we’ve got to get a result against both Burnley and Sheff Utd if we’re going to keep our record.

• Flames 1

Already outplayed Sheff Utd once this season. Just need todo it again without losing this time.

We are unbeaten at home in the league in 2023. Only two games left to keep that to the end of the season…might be all roads lead to the Burnley match.

20 hours ago, italian dave said:

I had to look twice, but it’s not necessarily about matches between those clubs.

No one can do the double on Burnley or Sheff U: they’ve already beaten or drawn with everyone they’ve still got to play.

If Luton lose to Middlesbrough next week then they’ll lose their record - but no-one else can do the double on them now.

Rotherham have still got to play Burnley, Cardiff, Wigan and us - and if they lose any of those games then their record goes! 

And we’ve got to get a result against both Burnley and Sheff Utd if we’re going to keep our record.

And QPR?

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And QPR?

They’re so bad I’ve not even considered that possibility! 

Seriously, yes, you’re right; for some reason I had it in my mind that we’d beaten them. No idea why - it must be an instinctive reaction to forget pain!

But, yes, if we manage to get results against both Sheff U and Burnley, then QPR could spoil the party. And knowing City that’s exactly what will happen!! 

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2023 at 22:42, cityexile said:

Already outplayed Sheff Utd once this season. Just need todo it again without losing this time.

We are unbeaten at home in the league in 2023. Only two games left to keep that to the end of the season…might be all roads lead to the Burnley match.

That game is the one game which even to this day I'm annoyed by. 

Absolutely outplayed them. Norwood should have seen red for a horror challenge on Williams but didn't and they ended up scoring a clear offside goal. Ref lost complete control of the game and Tanner ended up seeing red out of frustration. 

No retrospective action was every taken against Norwood yet Sykes ended up getting a 4 game ban for a trip. I'm still really annoyed by that.

• Like 8

On 18/04/2023 at 23:40, Jerseybean said:

Tonight the Blades became the first team in the Championship to do the league double over the Robins this season.

And now Burnley have with QPR to come on Satdee.