IGNORED

FA to take NO action against Constantine Hatzidakis

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Did nothing wrong, perhaps Robertson won't be so quick to try and grab an officials arm again in the future 

Roy Keane hit the nail on the head to be honest, the only shame it took so long to reach this decision 

It was because of the flac that PGMOL have been getting over some horrendous VaR decisions. Howard Webb wants to show that under his watch the PGMOL will do everything in an open transparent manner regardless of how long it takes.

Bear in mind how the sports media reacted would haves put added pressure on the PGMOL.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Excellent. Totally the right decision.

Hopefully this shuts up all the ex-footballer pundits getting on their high horses and calling for him to be banned.

Indeed.

Just a shame he wasn’t the linesman involved in the Liverpool/Man U game.

I should have loved to have seen how Bruno F (and his entitled teammates) reacted ?.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FA to take NO action against Constantine Hatzidakis
42 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

As much as I agree with the comments it does seem a bit of double standards. I am pretty sure if Robertson had touched a player and he reacyed like that he would now be serving a ban for it.

I don't think so.

It was nothing.

Mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

I mean this is objectively utter tripe isn't it? 

He didn't go down, can you imagine if this had been Bruno? He'd still be in intensive care.

He didn't go down when Pickford shoved him, he laughed. 

He's a shithouse, for sure. One of the best/worst depending on your viewpoint. But "biggest crybaby in football"? Not even close. 

If not the biggest cry baby arguably the least likeable in the league alongside Fernandes 

Edited by Port Red
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

He didn't go down, can you imagine if this had been Bruno? He'd still be in intensive care.

He's a shithouse, for sure. One of the best/worst depending on your viewpoint. But "biggest crybaby in football"? Not even close. 

He is an "entitled" top level footballer - he believed he was able to harangue a linesman without any comeback (other than a card), and could scarce believe it when there was comeback ("he hit me! On the chin!")

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Horrible little shit apparently..........

Screenshot_2023-04-14-10-48-25-37_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.501a0c66625a6acac44cfa319661c6ff.jpg

I love the last paragraph, suggests someone a bit more humble than some are painting him.

That's the problem in a nutshell though. I am sure nearly all pro sports people are nice characters away from their sports but they get remembered for what happens once over the whitewash. The FA charges clubs with not controlling their players sometimes and that is good terminology - the players lose control of themselves in heated moments. What Robertson did wasn't even a heated moment, the whistle had gone for half time. I think he was having a tough time looking after Saka and the pressure got to him.

Unfortunately writing nice letters and charitable work can't make up for abusing officials, good as it is.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. The lino was simply brushing Robertson away. He must have felt threatened. It was a defensive gesture.

I agree, if somebody grabs you its almost a reflex to brush them off. I hope some good comes out of this, protecting refs from verbal attack and sometimes intimidation. If you cannot behave like that to bar staff or ball boys why should the ref have to put up with it.

Refs make mistakes but probably far less than players. In my playing days I was once told by an old ref that he though that on the balance he was probably a better ref that I was a player. Both had a laugh and moved on. If refereeing numbers are to increase and they must to improve standards respect at all levels of football must be achieved. 

4 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

I don't think so.

It was nothing.

Mountain out of a molehill.

And how many times have we seen nothing thing result in bans.

Was it weimann a few years back at Fulham?  Players get banned all the time for raising there arms.

Like I say I agree with it but surely the same should happen for players

9 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

I mean the same could be said about your post.

No he didn't go down, instead he proceeded to go around crying about it even tho he was the one to lay his hands on the official. 

This is having spent 45 mins crying at that lino anyways. 

He spends the entire match gobbing off and crying when things doesn't go his way. Not sure there are many like him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

As much as I agree with the comments it does seem a bit of double standards. I am pretty sure if Robertson had touched a player and he reacyed like that he would now be serving a ban for it.

Interesting point. Football is a contact sport. You expect contact. So if that had been a player who raised the elbow, he’d rightly expect a red card.

Problem is, it’s not a contact sport for the referees. When they’re touch, they should be expected to shrug off the contact and if they results in an elbow to the face, that’s ok. 

Chalk and Cheese. 

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 07:16, Littlesh*t said:

It is not a double standard. You will not find a standard where officials get into players personal space, grab them, insult them etc. This is a standard of the players.

• Like 1