IGNORED

PROMOTED EIGHT YEARS AGO TODAY! - Bradford City 0 CITY 6

Curr Avon

• The title was changed to PROMOTED EIGHT YEARS AGO TODAY! - Bradford City 0 CITY 6

It was a fantastic night. I’d been working in BIrmingham & wanted to leave early, but circumstances conspired against me. I drove to Bradford & parked in a secure car park, paying a fortune for the privilege (parking near rhe ground useful if one wants class A drugs or services of a sex worker, but it’s not the best place to park.)

even at 0-2 up I was reminding those with me that earlier in the same season Bradford were 0-2 down to Chelsea in a cup match, but came.back to win.

Once the 3rd goal went in, it was clear that we would win and it was unremitting joy.

I’ve watched all our promotion matches since we beat Oldham 2-0 with goals from John Atyeo & Brian Clark.

To win 6-0 & get promoted was something I will never forget 

• Like 2

I was gutted to miss this one. I had been to the majority of away games that season, but having just been to up to Deepdale on the Saturday, I followed the "advice" from my dearest and was persuaded not to make another long journey.?

I was obviously delighted about the result, but less so about not being there! :facepalm:

I was there. Planned work trip in Yorkshire to coincide.
Was one of the best performances I’ve seen. What surprised me, was the fact that we did not fill the away end that night. But glad I was there to witness that performance by City.

What a team Cotts created.

Edited by fisherrich

4 hours ago, fisherrich said:

I was there. Planned work trip in Yorkshire to coincide.
Was one of the best performances I’ve seen. What surprised me, was the fact that we did not fill the away end that night. But glad I was there to witness that performance by City.

What a team Cotts created.

Yeah, only 900 there. Thought it was a poor turn out for such a big game.

• Like 1

I had it all planned out to be there, working in Leeds and York over the two following days doing safety checks on some of my guys.

Then at the last minute one of them booked the day after the game off so my travel from Glos was pushed back 24 hours.

Needless to say, he did not pass his checks!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

I was indeed there.What an amazing night.Not having a pop at anyone but can't understand why some people think being in the Prem is the be all and end all.The celebrations with the players after were absolutely fantastic. 

What many people don’t realise is the journey of getting there would be far better then the actual experience - I’m sure of it 

But this night in Bradford was a once in a generation experience . Absolutely brilliant night 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

It was a fantastic night. I’d been working in BIrmingham & wanted to leave early, but circumstances conspired against me. I drove to Bradford & parked in a secure car park, paying a fortune for the privilege (parking near rhe ground useful if one wants class A drugs or services of a sex worker, but it’s not the best place to park.)

even at 0-2 up I was reminding those with me that earlier in the same season Bradford were 0-2 down to Chelsea in a cup match, but came.back to win.

Once the 3rd goal went in, it was clear that we would win and it was unremitting joy.

I’ve watched all our promotion matches since we beat Oldham 2-0 with goals from John Atyeo & Brian Clark.

To win 6-0 & get promoted was something I will never forget 

What did you take & how much did she charge 

Amazing night. A genuine privilege to have commentated on it. The sort of thing you dream about as a kid.

Being a football journalist with a young family living 150 miles away from Bristol hasn’t been particularly conducive to watching City live - in fact, I’ve probably only been to about a dozen games during the past decade - but getting to do that game, the last Bristol derby and the night we beat Manchester United presumably means I qualify as a bit of a lucky charm.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Amazing night. A genuine privilege to have commentated on it. The sort of thing you dream about as a kid.

Being a football journalist with a young family living 150 miles away from Bristol hasn’t been particularly conducive to watching City live - in fact, I’ve probably only been to about a dozen games during the past decade - but getting to do that game, the last Bristol derby and the night we beat Manchester United presumably means I qualify as a bit of a lucky charm.

Or a glory hunter!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

What many people don’t realise is the journey of getting there would be far better then the actual experience - I’m sure of it 

But this night in Bradford was a once in a generation experience . Absolutely brilliant night 

Bang on,when we get there we wouldn’t half be bored being mid table year after year under Nige 

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Said it many teams before but, how many teams have staggered over the line in similar circumstances? This is possibly one of the best performances by a City side in my lifetime.

yep I can remember thinking when we went 5 up i will probably never see anything like this again 

• Like 1