IGNORED

QPR Away

Betty Swallocks

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Tickets out on Monday for those season ticket holders with minimum 4 away games, Tuesday for rest of sth.

Awful away end but always a good day out in west London before and afterwards so put up with the terrible facilities and prices year on year. 

Would be funny to send them down as well. 

QPR AWAY

It certainly would! Although, as you say, it's always a good away trip despite the facilities in the ground. The risk is we send them down and save Rotherham or Huddersfield in the process - both horrible away trips.

I often think back to the opportunity we had to send Birmingham down a few years back - and fluffed it. So disappointing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It certainly would! Although, as you say, it's always a good away trip despite the facilities in the ground. The risk is we send them down and save Rotherham or Huddersfield in the process - both horrible away trips.

I often think back to the opportunity we had to send Birmingham down a few years back - and fluffed it. So disappointing.

I'd rather save Rotherham. My cousin will be gutted about QPR though…

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Tickets out on Monday for those season ticket holders with minimum 4 away games, Tuesday for rest of sth.

Awful away end but always a good day out in west London before and afterwards so put up with the terrible facilities and prices year on year. 

Would be funny to send them down as well. 

QPR AWAY

They have changed the criteria it’s now 5 away games ????

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Sending them down would at least bring some closure after those promotion battles in the early 00’s in which they always seemed to come out on top ?

That Birmingham game will forever annoy me, although I did respect LJ sending the keeper up for a corner right at the death in a game that meant sod all to us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

They've done it before...several times.

And yet when I've asked about games such as Man City/Utd at AG being sold based only on home games purchased I have been told - by people who would/should know - that it's too complicated to measure by away games.

Edited by ExiledAjax

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

They have changed the criteria it’s now 5 away games ????

Completely understandable with the potentially limited allocation

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So the Club can sell tickets based on number of away games attended. Interesting.

The club have done this on multiple occasions already this season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And yet when I've asked about games such as Man City/Utd at AG being sold based only on home games purchased I have been told - by people who would/should know - that it's too complicated to measure by away games.

Ah, OK, get you!

I don't know why. Maybe the issue of 'members' complicates it. There are already a fair number of existing commitments in terms of home games: season ticket holders, members, hospitality etc etc. I can see that away games are more straightforward. But I also take your point, especially in relation to 'exiled' fans.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So the Club can sell tickets based on number of away games attended. Interesting.

13 minutes ago, italian dave said:

They've done it before...several times.

I went to 5 away games in 85/6, and every away game in 88/9, and Newport in '82, so I should be ok. That bloke that's done a thousand consecutive on Cats, he should be ok too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Admin
26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair that was a number of years ago

45 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Not many City go away 5 times, mate. Maybe 50?

This is my point though, if, when we get a popular game and the club feel it necessary to "gate" priority around number of games attended then why it include home and away games.

If it's really only 50 that would qualify via away games then it won't affect the broader fanbase if those 50 go up a priority level or two, but it would greatly affect those 50 loyal away fans.

I'm selfish here of course. Most seasons I get to half a dozen or so away games but probably only one home game.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Sending them down would at least bring some closure after those promotion battles in the early 00’s in which they always seemed to come out on top ?

That Birmingham game will forever annoy me, although I did respect LJ sending the keeper up for a corner right at the death in a game that meant sod all to us. 

I still maintain to this day that a lot of our players weren`t `comfortable` with the thought of sending a side that Cotts was involved with down.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I still maintain to this day that a lot of our players weren`t `comfortable` with the thought of sending a side that Cotts was involved with down.

Just my opinion though.

It seemed easier to smash them 3 or 4 nil than to lose 1-0. Maybe they were worried about brum kicking off if it didn't go their way. Wasn't that Tammy's last game for us?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Why are clubs limiting away allocations at the moment? How many tickets did we get for watford?? Their away end is a decent enough size if they let people pay on the day they might get a few more turn up?

Watford have split their ‘away end’ for about 20 years now. QPR have always flipped between giving you both tiers or not. I’d guess if they need to win on the last day, they’d rather sell to their own in the bottom tier. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Why are clubs limiting away allocations at the moment? How many tickets did we get for watford?? Their away end is a decent enough size if they let people pay on the day they might get a few more turn up?

We do the same, probably Police advice.