IGNORED

QPR Away

Betty Swallocks

58 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Watford have split their ‘away end’ for about 20 years now. QPR have always flipped between giving you both tiers or not. I’d guess if they need to win on the last day, they’d rather sell to their own in the bottom tier. 

I'm not sure they can segregate that stand Betty, only 1 entrance IIRC.

• Admin
2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The Man City FA cup game was about 6 weeks ago.

See below;

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

such as Man City/Utd at AG being sold based only on home games purchased

You implied the fixtures from a few years ago mentioned both Manchester sides

The Man City game was sold on varying levels so not sure what the query is about?

Those slimy QPR turds have always messed around with our allocation. Plenty of occasions in seasons gone by where we've only had the top tier when we could have sold both, yet other clubs comfortably get both tiers without issue. 

I absolutely hate the place and so do a lot of others (awful view and facilities), but the opportunity to relegate them would be too good for too many City fans to turn down - and they know it. For that reason I'd be amazed if they give us both tiers - irrespective of whether they can fill the bottom or not.

C.nuts...

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder, given the gravity of their situation, if they only give us the top (crap) tier and fill the lower with QPR supporters?

It is exactly down to this - if they are safe we WILL get the bottom tier, if not we are ONLY getting the shit top tier

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

It certainly would! Although, as you say, it's always a good away trip despite the facilities in the ground. The risk is we send them down and save Rotherham or Huddersfield in the process - both horrible away trips.

I often think back to the opportunity we had to send Birmingham down a few years back - and fluffed it. So disappointing.

Don’t mention the Birmingham game , had many rants on here about rolling over that day , typified the club / leadership at the time . 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Top and bottom tiers have their entrances on opposite sides to that away end. Bottom tiers is South Africa Road, top tier is on the next road along. 

Thanks Betty, I didn't know that. I've always been in the lower as the top tier is shite!

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Sending them down would at least bring some closure after those promotion battles in the early 00’s in which they always seemed to come out on top ?

That Birmingham game will forever annoy me, although I did respect LJ sending the keeper up for a corner right at the death in a game that meant sod all to us. 

Me too I still get angry now about it , watching all those brummies dancing around the Atyeo and having a party at our expense outside 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm not sure they can segregate that stand Betty, only 1 entrance IIRC.

City have already been advised it is unlikely they will get the bottom tier. And won’t if there is anything on it! 

so either they are going to sell it to the home fans or not sell it at all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

See below;

You implied the fixtures from a few years ago mentioned both Manchester sides

The Man City game was sold on varying levels so not sure what the query is about?

This thread is about QPR so I'll be brief.

In recent years big home games like Man Utd and both Man City games have been sold with special priority tiers.

In part those tiers have been determined by a number of home attendances in that season. Away attendances have not counted.

On each occasion I asked the club why they only cared about home attendances.

On each occasion I was told it wasn't possible to track away tickets as they came from the away club.

This is clearly bollocks.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Absolutely no chance! Our average away following is 900-1000 so no way 1,000 have been to 5 plus. 

it will not sell out Monday I can ensure you that!

1000 fans going to five games each over the course of a 23 game season only equates to about 220 a game. So I'd say it's probably a quite accurate number tbh. 

But equally, I agree it won't sell out on Monday.

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Oh we will sell out 100% but not on day one of sales. Will make general sale like Watford did 

My mates are Rangers season ticket holders. They wanted me to come to an end of season Beano. Now not so much. I may still go, but if they need something I will be the one City fan not wanting to! :laugh:!

Edited by REDOXO

Always been in the bottom tier but went in the top tier in a cup game a few years ago (Jack Hunt goal from outside the box, lost 7-8 on pens). As has been said, awful view, can’t even see the near side goal.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

City have already been advised it is unlikely they will get the bottom tier. And won’t if there is anything on it! 

QPR didn't give us the bottom tier the last time we were there for the final fixture of a season.

It was a game with nothing riding on it and their fans sinvaded the pitch at full time.

If they go down/stay up emotions will be even higher....I imagine it's a policing issue more than anything else.

• Like 2

• Admin
16 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Interesting, as I have heard different to this and that it solely depends on whether they need a restful that afternoon 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting, as I have heard different to this and that it solely depends on whether they need a restful that afternoon 

I guess it will depend how early they know they are safe. (If that’s the case) I also guess we are going to see one way or another. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1