IGNORED

Forest v Man utd

Midred

19 minutes ago, Midred said:

Forest penalty turned down by VAR after ball hits Maguire's arm. Should we be surprised, would it have been a penalty at the other end? Maguire already on a yellow, presumably a penalty would have given him a second yellow card.

What do I know?

Never a pen , 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Forest penalty turned down by VAR after ball hits Maguire's arm. Should we be surprised, would it have been a penalty at the other end? Maguire already on a yellow, presumably a penalty would have given him a second yellow card.

What do I know?

Handball rule is so inconsistent- basically a lottery game by game .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midred said:

What do I know?

Never a penalty. I hate VAR but no way should the onfield decision be overturned in that instance.

• Like 1

Forest got promoted with several loan players most of whom are no longer there and consequently they were always going to struggle in the PL.

I appreciate that newly promoted clubs often struggle in the PL, the gulf in standard is huge but in Forests case they are without several players that got them there - they’re in the relegation zone and that’s no surprise. They  may avoid an immediate return to the Championship ………..:dunno:

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

It is not inconsistent at all

Big teams get the decisions 

Smaller teams do not 

Provable nonsense which gets trotted out every thread, by you, mostly

Brentford and Fulham have had the most overturned decisions in their favour this season (net +5)

A selected few others;

Tottenham -3, Man City -3, Chelsea -1, Arsenal -1, Man United 0.

You must have other studies to back up your regular, repeated claims of bias?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I don’t understand why anybody thinks that should be given as handball. Yes it hits his arm, but it’s clearly totally accidental with no intent or even recklessness involved. He tries to head the ball, he doesn’t put his arm up in any way to try to stop the ball.

Agreed the rules are a mess, but to my mind they are written to identify where there is an element of intent, without specifying it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redkev said:

Never a pen , 

6 hours ago, Midred said:

What do I know?

No way a penalty 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I don’t understand why anybody thinks that should be given as handball. Yes it hits his arm, but it’s clearly totally accidental with no intent or even recklessness involved. He tries to head the ball, he doesn’t put his arm up in any way to try to stop the ball.

Agreed the rules are a mess, but to my mind they are written to identify where there is an element of intent, without specifying it.

I agree in standard common sense it isn’t, but when you see it given x amount of times, and then it isn’t.. as we all know, a major problem with consistency.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I agree in standard common sense it isn’t, but when you see it given x amount of times, and then it isn’t.. as we all know, a major problem with consistency.

There is no major problem with consistency. Football is not consistent. You don't see that it given x amount of times because the it is not consistent. In this situation the ref has variables to consider, in any situation there are variables = It is inconsistent.

Two scenarios:

• Multiple players challenging for the ball, players jumping and jostling and the ball unintentionally strikes an arm of one of the competing players in the penalty area.
  • Player jumps for the ball unchallenged with his arms in an unnatural position and the ball strikes an arm in the penalty area. 

The consequences of the ball hitting the arm will be different in these two scenarios because refs generally will apply rules consistently. 

• Like 1