IGNORED

Darrell Clarke bites the dust.

Leveller

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Good luck getting another job i say then, lets see who comes in for him, probably Grimsby or someone like that. That's the best he can hope for

Vale fans absolutely fuming with his dismissal. A lot going on behind the scenes it seems and the reason for their downfall is due to the owner Carol and the DOF she appointed and decisions they made. Seems they're trying to make the club "Championship ready" but that meant no transfers, with only 5 permanent additions since being promoted. 

Great lower league manager, who knows what he can really achieve if he went to a club who had a decent budget. Frankly I find the constant insults of a man who has no relevance to your club slightly weird. I got it whilst he was our manager but get a grip mate. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Vale fans absolutely fuming with his dismissal. A lot going on behind the scenes it seems and the reason for their downfall is due to the owner Carol and the DOF she appointed and decisions they made. Seems they're trying to make the club "Championship ready" but that meant no transfers, with only 5 permanent additions since being promoted. 

Great lower league manager, who knows what he can really achieve if he went to a club who had a decent budget. Frankly I find the constant insults of a man who has no relevance to your club slightly weird. I got it whilst he was our manager but get a grip mate. 

Didn't your lot wish Cotterill dead while he was very close to death. Clarke will get another job and im sure, maybe even at your cesspool of a club. 

Decent manager yes not great however. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Weird one as obviously able to get teams results yet never seems likely to get a team up from L1.

Personal loss does not make him immune from getting a pun related ribbing. Not like he's getting dogs abuse.....

Classy.

• Haha 1

Last 18 league games for Port Vale, 2 wins 5 draws 11 losses.

4 games left for them, still have to play the top 2 sides. Oxford and Cambridge both still have to play the bottom 2 sides.

Vale could absolutely still go down so I can see the logic in getting rid because their record for nearly half a season is worse than relegation form. But I guess their fans still appreciate him getting them up last year and the commitment he showed them in his worst moment, and if you have certain principles you won't like the way he has been treated here at all.

Oh, and whilst we are talking about Rovers managers, past and present, another little thing about our friend Joe.

He has just completed the Manchester Marathon in 4 hours in support of one his players, Nick Anderton, who is suffering from cancer.

Of course we should knock him, take the piss out of him when he makes his ludicrous, nonsensical, almost comical post match comments, but credit where credit is due.

Well Done Joe, I say.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know about Darrell Clarke's daughter.  (Guess it was merged into the Gas thread).  Very sad.  Can't imagine how you cope when something so awful happens.  My cousin's son took his own life this year and it was the saddest funeral I've ever been to.  Heartbreaking. 

Yes, the bloke was a pretty immature when he was Rovers manager, but he obviously did well to take them back into the league so soon after being relegated so he must have something about him.   

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

I didn't know about Darrell Clarke's daughter.  (Guess it was merged into the Gas thread).  Very sad.  Can't imagine how you cope when something so awful happens.  My cousin's son took his own life this year and it was the saddest funeral I've ever been to.  Heartbreaking. 

Yes, the bloke was a pretty immature when he was Rovers manager, but he obviously did well to take them back into the league so soon after being relegated so he must have something about him.   

I gave you a ‘like’ for your post, but somehow that doesn’t seem correct.

What I wanted to post was a sympathetic acknowledgment, but we seem to be lacking a suitable emoji.

Still, I’m sure you know what I meant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Six points clear of the drop zone with four to play. Fairly unlikely he’d have taken them down, and as Lampard is proving at Chelsea, sometimes change makes things worse rather than arrests a slide.

It seems to me you don’t like Clarke for his ex Rovers connections - and fair enough. He has, however, got two promotions with smaller clubs from division four and one from division five. His win rate has already been pointed to and it’s not fanciful to say he’s delivering the expectation from the playoff promoted side - avoiding the drop.

On the whole, an unbiased view would say he’d done a decent job there and I think people are saying the timing is odd, particularly when they are, again, very unlikely to go down even if getting no more points. If he hadn’t managed Rovers, I’m not sure you’d be anywhere near as close minded to the stats or vitriolic here.

He went along with the donuts in their fanbase obsessions to gain popularity - I mean, can you imagine Nigel Pearson saying something as witless and classless as "how did that lot down the road get on?" in an interview? 

However, he's a pretty good lower league manager, and the man has suffered an awful personal tragedy. So, I won't slag him. 

• Like 4

Well I must say what a unpleasant start to the day to find phil in France has accused me and a few others of persecution,I feel you have crossed a line accusing me of this, from 4 non personal posts speaking purely football, legally speaking this does not amount to persecution, that's a very heinous crime Phil, be more wise with your ps and we is my advice 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1