IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Never liked Sheff Utd. For the same reasons you’ve shared, they’ve always come across as *****

Yep always preferred the sheff wed fans and that is purely down to the fact that Sheff Utd fans are arrogant weirdos like rovers fans. Met a few on the train once and I knew a couple in the military and they were all bellends.

Just read their forum and pretty light hearted banter but have read it over the years. The whole "We prefer the gas because like us we are the second biggest team in the city" lark usually comes out.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yep always preferred the sheff wed fans and that is purely down to the fact that Sheff Utd fans are arrogant weirdos like rovers fans. Met a few on the train once and I knew a couple in the military and they were all bellends.

Just read their forum and pretty light hearted banter but have read it over the years. The whole "We prefer the gas because like us we are the second biggest team in the city" lark usually comes out.

Sheffield Wednesday are a big club, but I’ve always found their fans humble and grounded.

Same can’t be said for the Blades…

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Best of luck, although I'm probably clutching at straws thinking they could still mess it up at this point. 

Can't say I'm particularly optimistic about our chances in the tinpot version of this fixture tonight. 

They outplay everyone apparently you stand little chance.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m certain that we still needed a result there to secure survival and avoid it going down to the last day. That second half was one of the longest 45 minutes of football I can recall.

Correct.

Aston Villa, to the delight of their fans, appeared to make zero effort to get a result against Blackburn earlier in the afternoon which meant us and Birmingham City were still in danger of relegation.

Unless of course we could pull off a highly unlikely victory against Brighton who were hoping to secure the Championship title, they even had the winners podium at the game for the inevitable celebrations.

Think they ended up getting pipped to the title.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Best of luck, although I'm probably clutching at straws thinking they could still mess it up at this point. 

Can't say I'm particularly optimistic about our chances in the tinpot version of this fixture tonight. 

Good luck tonight.

Win and you kill two birds with one stone: the deluded Rags and the even more deluded Mark Ashton.

I predict two-nil to you, two-nil to you.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m certain that we still needed a result there to secure survival and avoid it going down to the last day. That second half was one of the longest 45 minutes of football I can recall.

Having just looked at the table for 2016/17 it was indeed a lot closer at the bottom than I had remembered only 3 or 4 points separating 6 clubs, anyway, we won stayed up and are still in the Championship. I remember when we came up from league one I thought we were going to storm the Championship how wrong I was :laugh:.

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

dont really understand the ag about Blades to be honest. I spent some time in Sheffield in my younger days and United Fans always liked to portray themselves as the working class club and Wednesday as the middle class club. I watched a few games from their Kop End and was always made to feel quite welcome by the locals. 

The gas try and portray themselves like that. I dont think they know what "Working class" means. One of those random sloguns fans throw out to make themselves feel better about themselves.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The gas try and portray themselves like that. I dont think they know what "Working class" means. One of those random sloguns fans throw out to make themselves feel better about themselves.

It’s a bullshit excuse for being the lower supported club in the City. Happens in every City with two clubs.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Spot on

Most gasheads I’ve  ever come across are middle class people from south Gloucestershire.

Edited by Winterstoke toad
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Spot on

Most gasheads I’ve  ever come across are middle class people from south Gloucestershire.

Met a Gashead on my flight back from Delhi today. Like me he was in premium economy, I did say it must feel weird for him being in the 2nd tier for a change!

• Haha 6
10 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Spot on

I mean ive never met any middle class gasheads if in honest ?

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Met a Gashead on my flight back from Delhi today. Like me he was in premium economy, I did say it must feel weird for him being in the 2nd tier for a change!

E9aMrnzWUAEEG2L.jpg.4746a1aa9507c42960f3ea68d82c69a3.jpg

Edited by Kodjias Wrist