IGNORED

Australian Rules football

phantom

• Admin

It's not a sport I've ever watched but my brother in law has asked me if I know of anywhere these games can be watched online etc? 

I only know of he's goal and couldn't see anything listed on there 

Does anyone know if it can be viewed? 

Thank you in advance 

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's not a sport I've ever watched but my brother in law has asked me if I know of anywhere these games can be watched online etc? 

Thank you in advance 

I’ve seen it live in Western Australia Fremantle Dockers v some other club. Attended with my brother in law and he bought the tickets - thankfully!

Travelled by train to the stadium - it was free. Apparently the home team pay for any train fares …….The stadium was rammed around 40k and the sport itself was the most ridiculous ‘sport’ that I’ve  ever witnessed - very Australian and very butch.

It’s cross between rugby and handball with the most cockeyed rules and laws. Four posts, two big one and two smaller ones at each end on absolutely massive oval shaped pitches. So many points for a ‘big’ goal and less for a side goal.

Goals can be scored from anywhere with a drop kick or hand punch and to be honest I thought it was absolutely crap! 

Like all venues with a captive audience the food and drink was very extortionate - feeling obligated I bought the beers and nearly fainted when I was charged………..……jeez…….…..like an arm and a leg……….:cool2:

It’s easy to see why it’s never caught on outside of Oz. It’s not like the the NFL, football or cricket. To me it’s the most idiotic ‘sport’ in the civilised world.

It used to shown on C4 but I haven’t seen it anywhere on  tv for quite some time. It’s easy to see why it was dropped……

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve seen it live in Western Australia Fremantle Dockers v some other club. Attended with my brother in law and he bought the tickets - thankfully!

Travelled by train to the stadium - it was free. Apparently the home team pay for any train fares …….The stadium was rammed around 40k and the sport itself was the most ridiculous ‘sport’ that I’ve  ever witnessed - very Australian and very butch.

It’s cross between rugby and handball with the most cockeyed rules and laws. Four posts, two big one and two smaller ones at each end on absolutely massive oval shaped pitches. So many points for a ‘big’ goal and less for a side goal.

Goals can be scored from anywhere with a drop kick or hand punch and to be honest I thought it was absolutely crap! 

Like all venues with a captive audience the food and drink was very extortionate - feeling obligated I bought the beers and nearly fainted when I was charged………..……jeez…….…..like an arm and a leg……….:cool2:

It’s easy to see why it’s never caught on outside of Oz. It’s not like the the NFL, football or cricket. To me it’s the most idiotic ‘sport’ in the civilised world.

It used to shown on C4 but I haven’t seen it anywhere on  tv for quite some time. It’s easy to see why it was dropped……

Hasn’t been dropped, now on BT Sport regularly 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Robbo, you really hadn't cottoned on to the rules at all especially with regards scoring a goal.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Thank you in advance 

ExpressVPN is one I am led to believe

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Robbo, you really hadn't cottoned on to the rules at all especially with regards scoring a goal.

I only saw one game live Tone - obviously I wasn’t aware of all the rules but thought the entire concept of the game was very………strange and very Australian. I was genuinely surprised at how many were really into it tho with gates if 40k. It did absolutely nothing for me and if I lived in Oz I wouldn’t bother to go again.

• Like 1