IGNORED

Nigel Pearson Runs Over Ryan Dilks’ Dog

Silvio Dante

We are literally 3 wins off of the play offs yet that fool is making out that we've had a terrible season. 

I can list loads of games where we could and should have got more. What has pleased me this season is our level of performances has been consistent. 

We've achieved a consistent level of performance whilst playing with Zak Vyner as the only recognised CB for a large part of the season. 

If we would have had the likes of Conway, Kalas, Naismith, Atkinson available for most of the season then I think we'd pretty much be in and around the play offs. 

We've only had a handful of bad performances all season. Conway would have been knocking on the door of 20 goals in my opinion had he not got injured. 

We are not as far off as people think and luckily Lansdown himself can see that. 

After all the work Pearson has done since he's been here, he 100% deserves the chance to spend some money in the summer but next season I do expect us to be in and around them play offs. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not a job, it’s his podcast.

Here’s his LinkedIn profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-dilks-79a7b7ba

Cannot get into linkedin without joining....but thanks anyway.   Even if it's not his job ..........Surely they earn some money from advertising etc............I would certainly pay him to F- Off   Ha!!

55 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Cannot get into linkedin without joining....but thanks anyway.   Even if it's not his job ..........Surely they earn some money from advertising etc............I would certainly pay him to F- Off   Ha!!

Quite possibly.

1.3k YouTube subscribers

80.6k Twitter followers

What sort of income can you generate from that kind of following?  Recent tweets have ranged from 3k to 84k views.  Anyone?

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Quite possibly.

1.3k YouTube subscribers

80.6k Twitter followers

What sort of income can you generate from that kind of following?  Recent tweets have ranged from 3k to 84k views.  Anyone?

That is a comparitively low following.........which should generate around two Mars bars and a Tesco voucher

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

That is a comparitively low following.........which should generate around two Mars bars and a Tesco voucher

Was gonna ask my Joe, he’s into all this social media monetisation…not that his YouTube channel earns anything!

He does do some editing for someone who does though.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Quite possibly.

1.3k YouTube subscribers

80.6k Twitter followers

The Internet thinks a 30 sec ad costs average about $18 per thousand listeners. So, assuming:

- three 30 second ads per pod @ £15 cpm (cost per mille, assuming 100% to podcaster, nil to platform)

- four pods per month

- 25k downloads/listens per pod

Gives 3 x £15 x 25 x 4 = £4,500 per month. Possibly too high, and if the get ads supplied by the hosting platform, I guess revenue would be lower. There would also be some hosting charges to come off.

Hopefully I've vastly overestimated his income.

51 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The Internet thinks a 30 sec ad costs average about $18 per thousand listeners. So, assuming:

- three 30 second ads per pod @ £15 cpm (cost per mille, assuming 100% to podcaster, nil to platform)

- four pods per month

Gives 3 x £15 x 25 x 4 = £4,500 per month. Possibly too high, and if the get ads supplied by the hosting platform, I guess revenue would be lower. There would also be some hosting charges to come off.

Joe reckons they’ll be getting:

-bugger all from YT (got to have 4k watching hours in a year, they have only 1.3k subs who would have to be hugely loyal)

-bugger all from twitter as twitter has only just launched monetisation

-their podcast would depend on listening figures, no idea how many listen.  Unlikely to have anywhere near as many listeners as twitter followers.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Joe reckons they’ll be getting:

-bugger all from YT (got to have 4k watching hours in a year, they have only 1.3k subs who would have to be hugely loyal)

-bugger all from twitter as twitter has only just launched monetisation

-their podcast would depend on listening figures, no idea how many listen.  Unlikely to have anywhere near as many listeners as twitter followers.

I agree that they're only potentially monetising the podcast. I just assumed 1/3 x twitter followers, rounded down a bit. By the anecdotal evidence, their podcast isn't worth listening to, so hopefully the monetisation reflects that. I almost want to listen so I can rag on it too ..

• Haha 1

On 25/04/2023 at 14:31, Sleepy1968 said:

- four pods per month

Would assumedly split with Peach as well, plus less the likely editing costs assuming outsourced, plus spotify and iTunes related hosting fees - all takes away from it.

On 24/04/2023 at 17:53, Silvio Dante said:

One of the main podcasts for the championship is the Second Tier. Hosted by Ryan Dilks and Justin Peach, it’s got a decent rep and Peach seems to know his stuff.

Dilks, however, is a moron.

He’s been down on us - and specifically Pearson - for some time. Last week, he professed that we should sack Nigel Pearson and replace him with a young, exciting manager - giving no names:

Dilks was put right by several city fans - citing the blooding of youngsters, improvements in playing style and cost constraints. Today he’s doubled down though, and named one of his young, exciting managers as…Nathan Jones (Tbf he also mentions Schumacher)

Begs two questions:

- Does anyone know what Nige has done to Dilks?

- Is there anyone on a podcast about a subject they profess to know about with less knowledge? 

Never judge a book by its cover, they say, but we can make an exception for this specimen.