IGNORED

Man City v Arsenal

Markman

1 minute ago, redkev said:

If that was any other game apart from the prem show piece game , that’s a red all day long 

An Clattenberg saying it was because of the lack of force used, or words to that effect. So what about intent?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

An Clattenberg saying it was because of the lack of force used, or words to that effect. So what about intent?

I don't know why they bother asking a ref they never say they made the wrong decision!

• Like 1

Manc are now dominating like Manu were under Ferguson. All went tits up for them when he let the last side he built get to old.

Cant see that happening with Pep. The only chance the pretenders have is if Pep gets bored and ***** off.

If he stays for another 5 or 10 years thats how long they will dominate.

I love the way they play and the longer Manu stay off the top suits me fine.

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

As good as Man City have been, Arsenal have bottled this title race. They should have been clear of Man City by this point.

They don't have depth in squad. Saliba has been a massive miss for them. Holding is awful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

As good as Man City have been, Arsenal have bottled this title race. They should have been clear of Man City by this point.

Recent form has been poor but I don’t think anyone expected them to be in this position start of the season at all. The Liverpool and Man City title battles were epic as it was two great sides. Arsenal are not at the same level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that not  handball from Haaland in the area? Clearly moves body and arm towards the shot and ball hits his arm. Commentators just dismissed it "arms were by his body". 

I thought so too. He certainly changed the path of the ball by leaning quite a way with his upper body and it hit him in an area that is usually given as handball, arms 'really close' to his body or not.

• Like 1

I think City can take credit for that too for putting them under the pressure they have done with such an impressive run. 

Arsenal players would have watched the games against Arsenal and would have wondered how do they beat this team. 

City got into their heads.

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

Don't agree with that. At no point have I thought Arsenal have had a better than 50/50 chance of winning the Title. 

Start of the season, top 4 was the aim, and they're going to comfortably finish top 2. 

Still a very good season for them and Arteta. 

• Like 1

They shouldn’t have been anywhere near Man City at this point. To make the title race interesting against this City side is a hell of an effort from Arsenal, miles ahead of expectation, so I think “bottling it” is unfair.

If you’re criticising Arsenal for not being further ahead of Man City, then you should be equally critical of Man City for not dominating the league like they probably should have done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Don't agree with that. At no point have I thought Arsenal have had a better than 50/50 chance of winning the Title. 

Start of the season, top 4 was the aim, and they're going to comfortably finish top 2. 

Don’t disagree they’ve done well and massively overachieved against their seasons aims.

However if you let 3 goals in, at home, to Southampton then you’ve bottled it.

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I genuinely can’t see how they can say it’s been a good season after what has happened over recent weeks, regardless of what they’re aim at the start of the season was.  Things change as a season progresses and they won’t have a better chance of winning the league again for many a year.

Dropped points vs Liverpool and West Ham from winning positions and then against Southampton. It’s the exact definition of bottled it.