IGNORED

Man City v Arsenal

Markman

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They shouldn’t have been anywhere near Man City at this point. To make the title race interesting against this City side is a hell of an effort from Arsenal, miles ahead of expectation, so I think “bottling it” is unfair.

If you’re criticising Arsenal for not being further ahead of Man City, then you should be equally critical of Man City for not dominating the league like they probably should have done.

I think it is fair to say they've bottled it. 2 nil up against Liverpool and they drew, 2 nil up against West Ham and again they drew and then drew 3-3 with Southampton when the win was there for the taking. They've not shown up tonight either. If that's not bottling it, I don't know what is.

City can sometimes start slow but have the ability of being able to go on incredible runs, everyone knows that. 

Arsenals problem is they thought they had it won by Christmas and then as soon as City put some pressure on them, they've bottled it.

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Don’t disagree they’ve done well and massively overachieved against their seasons aims.

However if you let 3 goals in, at home, to Southampton then you’ve bottled it.

Because of one stat, they've bottled it?

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I genuinely can’t see how they can say it’s been a good season after what has happened over recent weeks, regardless of what they’re aim at the start of the season was.  Things change as a season progresses and they won’t have a better chance of winning the league again for many a year.

Dropped points vs Liverpool and West Ham from winning positions and then against Southampton. It’s the exact definition of bottled it.

Incredible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I genuinely can’t see how they can say it’s been a good season after what has happened over recent weeks, regardless of what they’re aim at the start of the season was.  Things change as a season progresses and they won’t have a better chance of winning the league again for many a year.

Dropped points vs Liverpool and West Ham from winning positions and then against Southampton. It’s the exact definition of bottled it.

Saka's penalty miss at West ham was the turning point. They win that they beat Southampton then defeat tonight would still leave them in with a shout.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

They're missing their centre half, at the business-end of the season. Man City have struggled without their first choice cbs in the past, and Liverpool are mediocre now Van Dijk is merely average.

What is they say about defences and League titles? 

8 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

They're missing their centre half, at the business-end of the season. Man City have struggled without their first choice cbs in the past, and Liverpool are mediocre now Van Dijk is merely average.

I wish we had somebody average like VVD

6 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yes they have been without a key player but they have still thrown away 6 points in the last three games they should have won. It’s not even a case of ‘could have gone into tonights game with an 11 point lead’, it’s ‘should have gone into tonight’s game with an 11 point lead’!

Plus I’m pretty sure they spent £20m on a centre back in January yet have continued to play Holding who is clearly out of his depth at this level. That’s on Arteta!

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

In order to bottle something, you have to be very close to attaining it. My argument is Arsenal have never been in a position where they've had anything like one hand on the trophy. 

I've can't recall seeing/hearing anyone saying confidently that Arsenal were going to win the title. 

Sure Piers Morgan did!?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In order to bottle something, you have to be very close to attaining it. My argument is Arsenal have never been in a position where they've had anything like one hand on the trophy. 

I've can't recall seeing/hearing anyone saying confidently that Arsenal were going to win the title. 

4 games ago, at the buisness end of the season they had 1 hand on the trophy! 

They then went on to win 0 games out of them 4. 

They had just 9 games left to play and they have absolutely bottled it.

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

4 games ago, at the buisness end of the season they had 1 hand on the trophy! 

They then went on to win 0 games out of them 4. 

They had just 9 games left to play and they have absolutely bottled it.

No one is arguing their form recently is poor. West Ham and Southampton were real killer blows. It is clear they have nowhere near the squad depth of Man City at the business end of the season. I don’t see it as a lack of bottle, just an over achieving team not being good enough.

Is your second team Sours?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The joys of football is the difference in opinions I guess..

2-0 up vs Liverpool, 2-0 vs West Ham, 3-3 draw vs Southampton at home. If that isn’t bottling it I don’t know what is.

Purely out of interest now, if Man City failed to win the league from here on in, do you think they would have bottled it? Do you think they have one hand on the trophy now even though they have been in second place most the season and are still two points off Arsenal after tonight?