IGNORED

Keys found (belong to a city fan)

Sleepy1968

I've just found a bunch of keys on the metroline footpath by Ashton Vale. It's obvious they belong to a city fan and would be easy to identify.

Would quite like to reconcile them with the owner. Please pm or reply to thread if they belong to you or you know the owner.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Why not take them to a police station.  More likely someone would try there than look on a forum. 

Just now, Selred said:

Hand them to the police. Needle in haystack otherwise

Yep, I will do. I thought of this as a possible quick win - I'm about an hour away on foot from the nearest police station.

• Like 3

Right. Keys handed in to police at bridewell Street. They said they only keep them for a week before destroying them.

If anyone has access to a local Facebook group (ashton Vale, ashton, bemmy, city related)I'd be grateful if s note could be posted there.

Back to my morning walk ...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Right. Keys handed in to police at bridewell Street. They said they only keep them for a week before destroying them.

If anyone has access to a local Facebook group (ashton Vale, ashton, bemmy, city related)I'd be grateful if s note could be posted there.

That's no so good.

This forum actually has a good record of reuniting lost property with their owners after being advertised on here, so the word does get around, even to non forum users.

If no luck before the weekend, maybe handing them in to the club shop on Saturday would have been the best bet, and adding that information to this thread.

Hope they are claimed before the police destroy them anyway!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Better than your normal morning hop!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's no so good.

This forum actually has a good record of reuniting lost property with their owners after being advertised on here, so the word does get around, even to non forum users.

If no luck before the weekend, maybe handing them in to the club shop on Saturday would have been the best bet, and adding that information to this thread.

Hope they are claimed before the police destroy them anyway!

If I'd known then what I know now then maybe that would have been a better option. But damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Anyway, I'll tag @JerrySLO in, just in case the club get a call.

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If I'd known then what I know now then maybe that would have been a better option. But damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Anyway, I'll tag @JerrySLO in, just in case the club get a call.

No criticism of you intended Sleepy, you've been a Good Samaritan.

It was good of you both to pick up the keys and then do your best to get them back to their owner.

Hopefully we'll hear of a happy ending and the police key crusher doesn't come into operation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've just found a bunch of keys on the metroline footpath by Ashton Vale. It's obvious they belong to a city fan and would be easy to identify.

Would quite like to reconcile them with the owner. Please pm or reply to thread if they belong to you or you know the owner.

Jerry replied to me.  Is this them?

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jerry replied to me.  Is this them?

Sorry, I dont think it sounds likely. The bunch of keys keys I found were 'bristol city' themed. and found on the metro line just past ashton rise bus stop toward the park and ride at about 7:30 am today.