IGNORED

In, out and maybe

Jerseybean

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Considering our first team squad I’m thinking…

Ins: Jake O'Brien, Jack Currie, and Ross McCrorie

Maybes: Joe Bryan + a real curve-ball or two ?

Outs: Alex Scott, Jay DaSilva and Tomas Kalas

What do others reckon?

Position wise I agree, 3 defenders, 1 or 2 midfields and maybe a forward. 

4 minutes ago, George Rs said:

HMM nailed on.

Kane Wilson out maybe?

Andy King out/coaching

Personally will be interested to see if pring gets offers as well.

King will surely be stepping back further next term. Pring will probably get offers yes.

There's also a very small chance someone takes a punt on Conway - 12 goals in 2,000 minutes in an injury hit season is a decent CV at his age. Some of his other stats are outstanding as well. He tops the division for shots on target % (52.6%) and has a top five shot/goal ratio of 0.24 goals per shot (Haaland is only slightly more lethal at 0.27 - he just takes loads and loads more shots). No penalties padding those stats either. He's proper good.

I think we'd refuse everything bar an astronomical offer - especially if we bank money from Scott - but there's a chance of some top Champ/low PL suitors coming sniffing.

• Like 10

Really worried about Pring leaving in the summer and wonder if the Bryan noise is the club lining up an experienced replacement with the lad from Wimbledon as understudy. Think Kalas will stay , similar position to Baker and Weinmann offers he may think are not there. Pretty confident Conway will stay but if decent start next season May see bids in January 

I reckon we’re about a fortnight away from the retained list;

Dasilva, Taylor Moore, Owura Edwards, Owers & Buse all probably released. HNM leaving for compensation because he’ll turn down whatever we offer.

Then during the summer Scott & Wilson will go, I expect & possibly Bajic, Idehen & Sam Pearson of those under contract.

Incoming probably the 3 mentioned by the OP, after that it will be interesting to see what happens with Kalas, I had him down to leave last week but after his inclusion on the subs bench v Burnley & Pearson’s comments I’m not so sure.

If Kalas stays then a midfielder & possibly a keeper in if Bajic moves on.

Don’t expect anywhere near as many in as some on here & the expenditure will be dwarfed by the incoming fees too.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

King will surely be stepping back further next term. Pring will probably get offers yes.

There's also a very small chance someone takes a punt on Conway - 12 goals in 2,000 minutes in an injury hit season is a decent CV at his age. Some of his other stats are outstanding as well. He tops the division for shots on target % (52.6%) and has a top five shot/goal ratio of 0.24 goals per shot (Haaland is only slightly more lethal at 0.27 - he just takes loads and loads more shots). No penalties padding those stats either. He's proper good.

I think we'd refuse everything bar an astronomical offer - especially if we bank money from Scott - but there's a chance of some top Champ/low PL suitors coming sniffing.

Good post. I’ve been particularly impressed how he has come back from a long lay off and hit the ground running.

with Scott 99% going it would take silly money for us to let Conway depart in the same window though 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

HMM nailed on.

Kane Wilson out maybe?

Andy King out/coaching

Personally will be interested to see if pring gets offers as well.

Agree, I hadn’t included HNM or KW as they haven’t featured lately in our first team squad. 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

100%. Conway has all the makings of a proper goalscorer, doesn't he? Just that knack of being in the right place, and he makes it look easy. Saturday's being a case in point.

The other player I wouldn't be surprised if we had an approach for is Vyner. Dependant very much on whether we can get him onto a new contract. But if I were in his shoes I wouldn't rush - and other clubs will realise he then has only a season to go. And can't knock his record this season - most definitely an established Championship level CB.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Ins: Ross McCrorie, 

Maybe: Jack Currie, Joe Bryan, Kasper Schmeichel

Outs: Alex Scott, HNM, Kalas, DaSilva, Bajic, Kane Wilson, and King to be retained as a coach.

Would not be surprised if Weimann or Pring moved on either. 

Also Out Def Taylor More and Edwards is likely

That would make 8 going out

Will need maybe 5.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is this likely? Surely his wages are way out of our league?

Not really, he has 2 years left to run on his deal and performed very well for Nice this season.

Didn't Nige more or less confirm King will be offered a player/coach role a few weeks ago? He's played well recently and has been fit all season so not sure why so many people are convinced he's retiring.

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I am quite worried we might lose Conway and even Pring. They have both been overshadowed by Scott but will be on someones radar for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Ins: Ross McCrorie, 

Maybe: Jack Currie, Joe Bryan, Kasper Schmeichel

Outs: Alex Scott, HNM, Kalas, DaSilva, Bajic, Kane Wilson, and King to be retained as a coach.

Would not be surprised if Weimann or Pring moved on either. 

Bit worried about the Aberdeen fans view of McCrorie lets hope they are all wrong on their forum ?

Edited by Cityboy1954

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I am quite worried we might lose Conway and even Pring. They have both been overshadowed by Scott but will be on someones radar for sure.

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if we saw an offer come in for Pring. He’s versatile, quick, at the perfect age…

He’s been fantastic this season.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Am I the only one that thinks we need at least 2 midfielders? 3 when Scott goes. 

We certainly need a defensive type midfielder.

I agree with this, on the quantity certainly. 2 minimum.

Naismith, James, Williams- on the way out though is Scott probably, Massengo definitely and King well maybe maybe not? Age but then again he has been useful. We do play 3 in CM so yeah 2 minimum IMO.

Likewise we have already lost 2 CBs experienced ones at that, could lose a third- Baker, Klose and potentially Kalas so two of them needed I reckon.

39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Am I the only one that thinks we need at least 2 midfielders? 3 when Scott goes. 

We need 2 if Scott goes.

If we assume he & HNM are leaving that still means we have James, Williams, Naismith, King, plus Weimann, Mehmeti & Benarous who can all play the 10, two more seems enough to me.

I see a lot of people say we need a defensive midfielder, James is certainly one, Naismith too when he plays there & no one appears to think that’s what Williams is, well he’s minimal goal threat & hardly box to box, he’s a defensive midfielder for me & as he is into the last year of his contract next season is huge for him.

40 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yep, with you on that.

Even though I rate Joe Williams, he is simply not reliable to last the pace of this league. James has been excellent but he’s not getting any younger and King will be 35 in October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We need 2 if Scott goes.

If we assume he & HNM are leaving that still means we have James, Williams, Naismith, King, plus Weimann, Mehmeti & Benarous who can all play the 10, two more seems enough to me.

I see a lot of people say we need a defensive midfielder, James is certainly one, Naismith too when he plays there & no one appears to think that’s what Williams is, well he’s minimal goal threat & hardly box to box, he’s a defensive midfielder for me & as he is into the last year of his contract next season is huge for him.

Yep, we have three very capable players to play CM (I’m not a great lover of the DM pigeon hole)….James, Naismith and Williams.  Williams has had just one injury this season, and recovered well.

We don’t have to overplay them if we get them to share minutes and get a bit of cover from new signing.  If you get someone like Archie Collins, plus those three…back up by OTC, then you’re not far far off what you need.

Much will depend how we play, 4213, 4diamond2, 433, etc…and that’s without the likes of Weimann or Sykes adding numbers too

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

We need 2 if Scott goes.

Does it? 

Williams and Naismith can't be relied upon for an entire season. King is at the end of his career and Matty James also has his issues with injuries from time to time. We will have to see if Benarous can fully recover. 

We need a proper midfield destroyer. We've not had one since Paul Hartley. None of our players can be described as one of them. Naismith is more of a deep laying play maker imo. James can play cdm out of need but he's played the vast majority of his career as a cm. He does a job at cdm but he isn't a midfield destroyer. Williams is probably the closest we've got to a midfield destroyer but I wouldn't describe him as one either. 

In my opinion we need that destroyer and a box to box midfielder and then some sort of replacement for Scott and then maybe someone who can provide cover/competition for James. 

I think Williams will be soon be on the way out due to his injury record.

If we're gonna play with 3 in the midfield then we need 5/6 midfielders in the squad imo to ensure we have competition and cover. 

• Like 1