IGNORED

Parking at QPR

Redandproud

3 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Anyone know a good place to park, don't mind paying, 

It’s invariably a bit of a mare around there. If you don’t mind paying, Westfield shopping centre isn’t a long walk away and should be secure - up to six hours parking for about a tenner if you can get in.

44 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Best bet is outskirts of West London (Uxbridge,Hounslow etc)and catch the tube

@TomF once suggested to me Osterley tube station. I've used it a number of times since. Cheap parking in the station car park and I've since discovered that on weekends you can park for free in the side streets. 

Just a few mins drive from the motorway junction. There is also a McDonalds just down the road too. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

11 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

Best bet is outskirts of West London (Uxbridge,Hounslow etc)and catch the tube

If I was working in London for one day, I used to go to Hounslow West station. Big car park. I think it might even be free on weekends. Piccadilly line through to Hammersmith change to White City.

Another option is Ealing Broadway, direct route through to Shepherds Bush on the Central Line. Make sure you get the right train back though a the line splits at North Acton.

You also have to battle your way in and out of London to get back on the M4.

• Like 2

• Admin
13 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Anyone know a good place to park, don't mind paying, 

After seeing your post below, I assume that you will have some sort of mobility aid with you?

Maybe worth speaking to QPR to assist with disabled parking?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

After seeing your post below, I assume that you will have some sort of mobility aid with you?

Maybe worth speaking to QPR to assist with disabled parking?

On the QPR website page for disabled supporters, they say: "We advise all fans not to travel by car to the ground due to no parking facilities. Alternative public transport routes are advised."

https://www.qpr.co.uk/visit/disabled-supporters/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomF said:

Always a good one.  Would also add that Ealing is also great now at weekends with free parking if you go down some of the week day RPZ areas and then straight onto the lizzy line.. central London in 15 minutes. It’s a fantastic

It really is ?

• Admin
3 hours ago, skinheadface said:

Are there any pubs for away fans near the ground?.??

Whenever I am at the BBC building I go in The Broadcaster outside White City tube station

Otherwise Shepherds Bush and Westfield Centre are both nearby

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinheadface said:

Are there any pubs for away fans near the ground?.??

TBH I'd drink in central London then get the tube to White City or Shepherds Bush Market.

Pubs on the White city estate are vile, while the Green is a QPR stronghold and The Defectors Weld, The Bull and the Shepherd's Bush are gastro pub/cocktail places. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 09:13, Port Said Red said:

If I was working in London for one day, I used to go to Hounslow West station. Big car park. I think it might even be free on weekends. Piccadilly line through to Hammersmith change to White City.

Another option is Ealing Broadway, direct route through to Shepherds Bush on the Central Line. Make sure you get the right train back though a the line splits at North Acton.

You also have to battle your way in and out of London to get back on the M4.

Hounslow West is very good during the week, but as I found out to my cost some yrs back, they hold a market there at the weekend. There are signs everywhere (that I missed). How the stall holders laughed (not!) as they had to dismantle their stalls for me to get my car out!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Hounslow West is very good during the week, but as I found out to my cost some yrs back, they hold a market there at the weekend. There are signs everywhere (that I missed). How the stall holders laughed (not!) as they had to dismantle their stalls for me to get my car out!

I remembered there was a market on Saturdays but didn't realize it was Sundays as well, there were still some spaces though? There was also a car park across the road that was reasonably priced.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I'd drink in central London then get the tube to White City or Shepherds Bush Market.

Pubs on the White city estate are vile, while the Green is a QPR stronghold and The Defectors Weld, The Bull and the Shepherd's Bush are gastro pub/cocktail places. 

Yeah agree with all that, either central or a couple of stops before and you’ll find some decent pubs. 

Or go out past the ground and down Hammersmith. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

What about the Skinners Arms on Oil Drum Lane? That still going?:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I remembered there was a market on Saturdays but didn't realize it was Sundays as well, there were still some spaces though? There was also a car park across the road that was reasonably priced.

I def got caught out on a Sunday! I was wandering around the market trying to find my car. A creative stall holder who sold rugs & carpets had covered it with a massive rug!

• Haha 1