IGNORED

Barnstoneworth

22A

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

One of my fave series's, the sport's joke's in across the Andes by frog, are hilarious, the bully in tomkinsons schooldays was ace, his method for getting tomkinson through the Forty mile hop!

Ian Ogilvy as the school bully, "call me school bully" ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

One of my fave series's, the sport's joke's in across the Andes by frog, are hilarious, the bully in tomkinsons schooldays was ace, his method for getting tomkinson through the Forty mile hop!

The Curse of the Claw ("Chief Petty Office Russell was right. He was a woman!") is my favourite, but Golden Gordon (the Barnestoneworth one) was also great.

Didn't someone start an amateur club called Barnestoneworth United as a tribute?

• Like 2

If you watch on iplayer, the first few minutes show a game broadcast in monochrome. Wow; packed unsegregated crowds and players fairly shoulder charging whoever has the ball, even the goalie. It is still a legal move, but how many Refs would permit a shoulder charge on a goalie these days.

12 hours ago, 22A said:

If you watch on iplayer, the first few minutes show a game broadcast in monochrome. Wow; packed unsegregated crowds and players fairly shoulder charging whoever has the ball, even the goalie. It is still a legal move, but how many Refs would permit a shoulder charge on a goalie these days.

https://fb.watch/kos2dbvgd8/

On 07/05/2023 at 11:56, 22A said:

Remember "Ripping Yarns" from 40 years ago.

The episode about Barnstoneworth FC and a dedicated fan  was shown on BBC 4 last night and is now available on BBC iplayer

Here's a taster; https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=474164209623281

When fiction becomes fact: Homepage - Barnstoneworth United Football Club

• Like 1