IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sunderland 1-1 Luton. Diallo (who?)

Sunderland needed that because they were getting no where near Luton, who are a side greater than the sum of their parts. Luton are not sexy, are not pretty and have the most uncomfortable ugliest ground in the Championship (if not the EFL) but they play in their own style, have a clear game plan and are efficient. Over the two legs I expect them to come through the tie. 

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I feel as if Sunderland need a 3rd here going into the 2nd leg.

Sunderland much improved 2nd half, beating the Luton press, but whether 2-1 is enough remains to be seen. All to play for at Kenilworth Road. As the commentary said a bit of a contrast in setting from the Stadium of Light. 

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Paul Cook still clearly a quality manager.

Shame he has his addiction issues, or he'd be managing at a much higher level. 

Could have at least watched his players take penalties though. Not good that he had to go to the dressing room as couldn’t handle the pressure himself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Yes I believe he was interviewed along with Chris Hughton when the job was given to Dean Holden.

In hindsight it’s fair to argue Dean has done more than either of the other two since… who would have thought at the time! 

• Like 2

My poor mrs thought that the season was over with city’s last game last Saturday , 

she didn’t realise ( and I neglected to tell her ??) about the prem not finished yet , champions league and also the play offs . There been so much football on tv this week / today I think her eyes are bleeding ?. She wants to go shopping tomorrow to get some holiday clothes I then showed her the list of games on tomorrow, she now going with our daughter .double whammy no shopping & house to myself ?⚽

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, redkev said:

My poor mrs thought that the season was over with city’s last game last Saturday , 

she didn’t realise ( and I neglected to tell her ??) about the prem not finished yet , champions league and also the play offs . There been so much football on tv this week / today I think her eyes are bleeding ?. She wants to go shopping tomorrow to get some holiday clothes I then showed her the list of games on tomorrow, she now going with our daughter .double whammy no shopping & house to myself ?⚽

Today was easy for me. The Wife had lunch with a friend then went to a Eurovision party.
Wall to wall football for me. 

Tomorrow is more of a challenge.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, redkev said:

The Champions League final is still 4 weeks away. Then it's internationals straight after that.