IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I imagine this guy and NP would get on……

I’ve always liked Darren Moore but there is no coming back from that result surely.

Football is a funny old game though and anything could happen in the second leg, would be one of football’s greatest comebacks if they did manage it though!

17 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

That's the end of Darren Moore at Wednesday....

Totally wrapped second half.

Job for Lee?? ?

Quite possibly yes; although if by some miracle they can turn it around perhaps not. It’s a massive ask of course, but results like that have turned around before. 

Looking at their forum though not only have they given up many think it will be toxic Thursday night. 

Edited by One Team

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

And went back down 3 times I assume?

I'm an idiot. He has already got Posh promoted 4 times

Fergie's promotions were runners up in 2007/08, 2008/09 ( L2 to Championship) , 2010/11 playoff winners at Old Trafford (came back in Jan 2011) and 2020/21 as runners up

Since his first stint with Posh, Fergie has been relegated only once technically,  as the other two relegations happened after he'd been replaced / left  ( 2009/10 - replaced in December 2009, 2012/13 - relegated on GD with 54 points, 2021/22 - left in Feb 2022)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think a poster on here who live in posh said the locals felt quite confident but No seems to give them a chance 

That was me and this morning the locals are full of it. Some think it doesn't matter who winners the other P/O, Posh are joining City next season.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

That was me and this morning the locals are full of it. Some think it doesn't matter who winners the other P/O, Posh are joining City next season.

Prob best not to get too cocky. Long way to go yet.

10 hours ago, pillred said:

Just the finals or the semi-finals as well?

Must be in the final only.

No review last night of the handball that looked a penalty to Wednesday early second half or the 4th goal where Clarke-Harris was clearly offside in the first phase.

All a bit academic when you lose 4-0 though.

• Thanks 1

my mind still goes back to when we relegated the Blunts in the play- offs.In the convoy of coaches driving back through the city, just by the Crucible, a mob of a couple of hundred lads just waiting for us. I remember thinking "oh ****, here we go, Millwall revisited" , but as we got closer we could see it was Wednesday fans, cheering us to the rafters ! It was like the end scene to Zulu !

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, 22A said:

Unlike Wednesday they look like a side that could do ok in the Champ, solid enough with a bit of pace upfront / out wide

8 hours ago, Rob k said:

I imagine this guy and NP would get on……

He’s always been very very bad with the media. But that is truly awful and something that’ll really rattle their fans. 

It sounds stupid, but it’s those little things that rattle fan bases, ala SO’D with the ‘stupid question’ interview. 

they’ve just had one of the biggest capitulations in the league, and fell flat on their face 4-0 by a side who were seeing these play offs as a free hit basically, and he’s there drinking tea (or coffee) looking not really arsed saying “we go again”. Blimey. 

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Should be getting crosses in much earlier.

County hitting early crosses and Chesterfield waiting too long. 

If it carries on like this, and they find their finishing, there could be a lot of goals in this .